Sinister Reign (August)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sinister Reign (August)
Sinister Reign (August)
First Page 2
By Mrgrim 2020-03-17 16:39:48  
By any chance did they change August's spawn rate on SR after the SR update a while ago? It's been a while since I done SR and started doing it recently for some returnee friends. We have done more than 70 runs and we have yet to see August when I remember he used to pop often before.
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-17 16:51:38  
He's always been a random spawn, but if you clear all the fights including him, you can select him as a solo battle instead. The drop rates aren't much better, but it takes the randomness out getting him.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 16:55:06  
Weirdly quite a few times I've seen posted that August is not spawning. In all those threads no one has said they've seen August spawn since like two updates back at least.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-17 16:57:06  
I will also confirm that August was a No-Sho of 30 runs or so the other day. Someone in the party itself was asking if he’s been switched off so with what I saw + This OP here, is there any chance SE Goofed? They broke that AMAN NPC after all.

P.S I don’t care, I don’t need August and honestly it’s just as well because it forces Arciela to spawn more because I would like a Perfect Sari some day. I’m just curious
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 17:03:30  
Exactly, this is more of "feature" than a bug tbh. Higher Arciela spawn rate is a win.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-17 17:04:14  
Huh, I only knew of one other and chalked it up to the same thing. Did it start from the Siren update or before that? The only other thing that comes to mind is that someone touched code that they shouldn't have, and probably wasn't properly commented on.
By Mrgrim 2020-03-17 17:04:28  
I don't need August either since it gives more chance to get a perfect taming (in fact we got 1 who needed it), but they want to get the trust. Still though he used to spawn so often that not seeing him not spawn after 10 runs I found it odd.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-17 17:06:41  
With the time to get a so so good taming sari just buy a Gandring (if not on THF, just invest on DM TH).

Also, some time ago i decided to refarm some SR for malevolence and collecting data from single boss drop rate when i just noticed how dumb i was being. If youre farming wave 1, and possibly wave 2, there is zero reason to do solo boss. Just warp out till you see those bosses for garanteed drop on all chars.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 17:10:27  
Perfect taming isn't about the TH+1

But I do agree that it is silly to still be doing SR runs. The only real exception being malevolence tbh
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-17 17:10:41  
Mrgrim said: »
I don't need August either since it gives more chance to get a perfect taming (in fact we got 1 who needed it), but they want to get the trust. Still though he used to spawn so often that not seeing him not spawn after 10 runs I found it odd.
You can get August, and the other two, by doing an RoE quest series now. It requires most of the Trusts, and gaining 500k CP three times, one for each quest.

Asura.Eiryl said: »

But I do agree that it is silly to still be doing SR runs. The only real exception being malevolence tbh

August's pants, BIS for SIRD.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 17:12:03  
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
You can get August, and the other two, by doing an RoE quest series now. It requires most of the Trusts, and gaining 500k CP three times, one for each quest.

Well... you likely CAN'T because you need 86 trusts and most of the year that is literally impossible...
There are 108 (that count) and 23 are locked behind login campaign and 20~ locked behind other campaigns. if you obtain every single trust minus the 23 if you weren't logged in for campaign 80 you cannot get more than 85 and those 85 include maat ygnas and monberaux. and the three FROM getting 86+ are included in the count of 85, doubly impossible.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-17 17:14:40  
That's true, but if his spawn is indeed broken, someone will probably get him faster using that method than waiting for SE to fix it.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-17 17:16:10  
Like everything in FFXI, just wish to meet Arciela II or Sajjaka, then you will have a streak of Augusts.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-03-17 17:16:34  

August's pants, BIS for SIRD.

Have fun getting August when you a returnee who hasn't played for roughly 10 years. I don't think these fellas have that many trusts atm lol
By Mrgrim 2020-03-17 17:17:37  
Well since he isn't spawning, does TH helps in the drop rate on decanters? Might as well bring a thf and just fight august if it affect decanter drop rates.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-17 17:18:28  
Pantafernando said: »
With the time to get a so so good taming sari just buy a Gandring (if not on THF, just invest on DM TH).

Also, some time ago i decided to refarm some SR for malevolence and collecting data from single boss drop rate when i just noticed how dumb i was being. If youre farming wave 1, and possibly wave 2, there is zero reason to do solo boss. Just warp out till you see those bosses for garanteed drop on all chars.
or just finish the run for a bit of bayld return or maybe a delve money item
By Pantafernando 2020-03-17 17:24:29  
Despite how fast you beat the mobs, you have at least 2 or 3 mins of zoning+getting rewards, possibly more if multiboxing. You can run twice even thrice first wave by warping out instead of beating all three knowing you wont get the first wave reward you want.

Only effective remedy against RNG is pilling numbers of tries. Thats even more true with an event that will quickly burn you out if you spent too much time on it.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-17 17:24:58  
Have fun getting August when you a returnee who hasn't played for roughly 10 years. I don't think these fellas have that many trusts atm lol
Did you all get the trusts with login points last month, or did you return this month?
By Mrgrim 2020-03-17 17:28:10  
Did you all get the trusts with login points last month, or did you return this month?

Well I have everything. They just came back, so they in a different situation trust wise.
By Wotasu 2020-03-17 17:45:33  
I asked the same Question the 24 Feb after doing SR more or less everyday for a week. Which was 2 weeks after the Siren update.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-17 17:47:55  

Well I have everything. They just came back, so they in a different situation trust wise.
If the login campaign trusts come back with a deadline of summer, it might be possible in a few months. I'm not able to fully plot it all out right now, but if you complete CoP, ToAU, and RoV storylines, get all trusts associated with those, along with the starting nation ones, and adding in the seasonal sets, one will be in Spring, should be next month, the next Summer, if it starts in July, and the 10 RoE trusts (5 from beginner, plus 5 AAs) they would be at, or near the 86 needed. It just all depends on the login ones, as 23 come from that.
By Draylo 2020-03-17 20:35:12  

What are you talking about? That is not true.
By SimonSes 2020-03-17 20:39:31  
Draylo said: »

Depends. If you use it for THF to TH8 with Relic+3 gloves and you also actually play that THF as DPS, you want perfect Taming with maxed every augment, not just TH and this is I think what Eiryl was trying to say (I think).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 20:48:02  
What I said, is that people offhand taming and it generally doesn't have ***to do with TH. it was in regard to "skip it get su4 for TH" no one should ever offhand Su4.

Separate thought: that its silly to bother doing SR for days/weeks/months for any of those items, except malev because there isn't a great "close enough" option. (actually though, really, ambuscade weapons fit that role well enough)((also lolnin ochu nukes))

Founders: lolpld (and wlegs have 20, "good enough")
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-17 20:55:52  
SimonSes said: »
Draylo said: »

Depends. If you use it for THF to TH8 with Relic+3 gloves and you also actually play that THF as DPS, you want perfect Taming with maxed every augment, not just TH and this is I think what Eiryl was trying to say (I think).
Doesn't Taming Sari ONLY get the TH +1 stat on a max augment anyway?
 Bahamut.Minimuse
サーバ: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-03-17 22:20:24  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Doesn't Taming Sari ONLY get the TH +1 stat on a max augment anyway?

I seriously need to clean out my inventories of these odd pieces of junk.
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-17 22:31:56  
ok so im not the only one then? i havent seen august in over a hundred or so runs. its always never ending story or waifu.
By Mrgrim 2020-03-17 23:51:37  
Not only u, I noticed it 2 weeks ago and finally talked about it to confirm. Might do a couple of augusts fights for the decants as thief. Hopefully TH affects droprate on them.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-03-18 00:06:39  

If they want the trust there is now an roe for it. One of the trust level up ones I thought.

Way over capacity
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-03-18 05:18:27  
Random Thought. It would be nice if SE added in a third and fourth fight mode.

One that removes the randomness by just making you fight all 9 bosses, one at a time. Few ways to create the spawn order.

Another that's mode of a "hard mode" fight where it spawns all 3 per wave, instead of just picking one. This way, on wave 3, you would be fighting Arciela, Sajj'aka, and August at the same time. This mode should obviously have a slightly better drop rate in same way.
First Page 2