Reseting Quest (Coming Full Circle)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Reseting quest (Coming Full Circle)
Reseting quest (Coming Full Circle)
First Page 2 3
By Imilky 2020-03-16 15:30:29  
Dear all, i had accidentally tossed my base mystic weapon resulting to be unable to complete Coming Full Circle quest (mystic quest).

Anyone know how to reset the quest or even previous quest? So i wont be stuck at the quest.

Thanks

P.S: had contacted GM who is unable to get back my lost item.

Lastest: GM said GM team cant reset quest.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-16 15:45:31  
I thought he keeps the weapon until you finish? idr.
By SimonSes 2020-03-16 15:48:48  
Have you tried trading new weapon to Abquhbah?
[+]
By Imilky 2020-03-16 15:55:48  
I had KI namely Serpentking Zahak relief shard from Forging the Myth.
Abquhbah not accepting any weapon as i process the mentioned KI (given after a bcnm fight)

Sad...
By SimonSes 2020-03-16 15:57:48  
Just ask GM to reset the quest? He maybe cant give your item back, but he can surely reset the quest somehow.
By Imilky 2020-03-16 15:59:04  
The GM said his/her GM team cannot. And asked me to ask help from friend or visit official forum...
By SimonSes 2020-03-16 16:03:02  
Imilky said: »
He set GM team cannot.

Try to ask for supervisor GM. that's some ***. They for sure can in some way.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-03-16 16:20:14  
SimonSes said: »
He set GM team cannot.

Try to ask for supervisor GM. that's some ***. They for sure can in some way.

Might be a matter of tools, since it almost sounds like maybe they didn't build that into whatever GMs have to use because the player can "reset" that quest themselves outside of that small window.

The fix is probably more to just grant them the 75 Mythic if possible, since they need it in inventory to complete the quest.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-03-16 17:48:18  
I'm fairly sure the GMs don't have the tools to restore the mythic with quest data attached and won't try out of fear of damaging your character data or server data.

I think it makes the mythic quest impossible to complete and also prevents you from starting another. It's spectacularly bad. I strongly recommend anyone working on a mythic to complete coming full circle immediately.

I think it will require a dev fix which they haven't yet. (they did fix the ranged weapons not flagging the quest once augmented though).

When it happened to someone in my linkshell they faked a hacking and got a rollback but they rolled him back years.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-03-16 20:05:18  
Dear all, i had accidentally tossed my base mystic weapon resulting to be unable to complete Coming Full Circle quest (mystic quest).

Anyone know how to reset the quest or even previous quest? So i wont be stuck at the quest.

Thanks

P.S: had contacted GM who is unable to get back my lost item.

Lastest: GM said GM team cant reset quest.

I'd like to understand exactly which stage of the quest you're on, since btw 'Coming Full Circle' still shows under 'current' in my quest log, and I've completed my mythic weapon to afterglow stage.

Since receiving the KI 'Serpentking Zahak relief shard' have you done any of the following steps involved in the next path of the quest?

• Return to the tombstone in Caedarva Mire for a cutscene.

• After the cutscene is over, trade your statless Mythic to the tombstone. You will now obtain the fully unlocked level 75 mythic weapon which can be further upgraded through Trial of the Magians.

• Return and examine the Palace doors (Imperial Whitegate) in Whitegate.

• You'll need to unequip any weapon you're wearing in order to get the cutscene.

• The mythic must be in your inventory, regardless of level.
    Approach Naja to initiate a cutscene to receive 3 Imperial Silver Pieces and complete the quest.

If not, then I am afraid you're in a bit of trouble as the mythic weapon that you receive from the previous quest 'Forging a New Myth' is required to be present to complete the above steps, and if you don't have it then you might have lost all your mythic progress. :(

You'll be able to start a new mythic regardless of what progress or stage you are in a current mythic quest. Talk to the Abquhbah and confirm cancellation of weapon/quest. Don't do that yet though until you get more help from others, or as mentioned above a senior GM might help?

I am really sorry for your loss and all the hard work. If you are on Bahamut please message me I'll see what help I can provide if you decide to restart your mythic. All the best.
By billnes 2020-03-16 22:01:04  
Hello!
My heart goes out to you. To think that a game so old is so broken make me mad enough to spit blood. I downloaded and read the GM manual from 2006 that was leaked.

There isn't really too much difference between the client the players use and the client that the GM's use.... According to people the run the private servers: The GM-only commands are DLL files (dynamic library link) that are within the GM client directory. (ex. "\\invul" makes GMs invulnerable to attack by mobs/monsters) Even if somebody who had the server-side software emailed you the DLL's with the instructions of what directory to copy them to, it wouldn't do you any good. You'd still need to be flagged as a GM to use them. According to the leaked book, only a Senior GM or Lead GM can apply the GM flag to the Hume Paladin in the GM character creation process.

The only thing I can think of is to go to the Windower4 forums. Describe the situation carefully. Perhaps someone can write a LUA script that would trigger the correct event.. Although I can't write LUA code, I think it's safe to assume that such a script would need to use Packet Injection. Normally, I wouldn't advocate asking somebody to do anything that involves Packet Injection. However, in this case, I see no other alternative.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-03-16 23:02:51  
sorry you have to go through this.

The fight with Balrahn (Coming Full Circle/Forging a New Myth) requires the KI you mentioned AND you must equip the base mythic weapon to enter the fight.

I don't know why they did this, but I guess they deemed it necessary. Maybe one day SE will remove the base item requirement being equipped for entering the BC. It's strange to me this is required, because you can't get the Zahak Relief Shard without it ....so I do not know what to do in this situation. :(

As bad as it sounds, I think the only recourse the game gives you at this point is to go to Aquabah and cancel the mythic quest to start over. :(
[+]
By Imilky 2020-03-17 00:05:06  
To all: /bow Thank you so much, I didn’t reply to every msg as to not flood and overwhelm the chat. Thanks for you great reply and understanding. Here I go…

1) Main issue? Unable to complete quest as an important weapon (base mystic) is missing.
Request assistant for? Request to reset quest, or even previous quest if necessary.
2) Current quest: Coming Full Circle (with KI: Serpentking Zahak relief shard from previous quest (BCNM fight)
3) Did I call GM? Yes, he /she said cannot reset quest. Is fair that my item is missing sometime and they are unable to retrieve. He /she suggested me to ask help from friend or post in official forum for assistance…

Messages from npc (to assist in solving these issues):
4) Imperial whitegate: The gate is firmly closed… (already entered without weapon)
5) Seaprince Tombstone (E-10) message: It appears to be the grave of a great soul of an age long pass.
6) Naja: 1) good boy.. keep getting jobs done… 2)keep your nose to the grrrindstone…
7) Abquhbah: Do you have one of the weapon > trade a weapon > warning msg: You cannot successfully complete this trade transaction while in possession of a Serpentking Zahak relief shard. You must first finish the quest “Coming Full Circle” before trading a new weapon.

P.S: I didn’t notice the base mystic is missing (as in tossed) till lately I have time to continue my mystic quest. I am at Asura.
By Jetackuu 2020-03-17 01:48:30  
billnes said: »
Hello!
My heart goes out to you. To think that a game so old is so broken make me mad enough to spit blood. I downloaded and read the GM manual from 2006 that was leaked.

There isn't really too much difference between the client the players use and the client that the GM's use.... According to people the run the private servers: The GM-only commands are DLL files (dynamic library link) that are within the GM client directory. (ex. "\\invul" makes GMs invulnerable to attack by mobs/monsters) Even if somebody who had the server-side software emailed you the DLL's with the instructions of what directory to copy them to, it wouldn't do you any good. You'd still need to be flagged as a GM to use them. According to the leaked book, only a Senior GM or Lead GM can apply the GM flag to the Hume Paladin in the GM character creation process.

The only thing I can think of is to go to the Windower4 forums. Describe the situation carefully. Perhaps someone can write a LUA script that would trigger the correct event.. Although I can't write LUA code, I think it's safe to assume that such a script would need to use Packet Injection. Normally, I wouldn't advocate asking somebody to do anything that involves Packet Injection. However, in this case, I see no other alternative.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

god damn you're such an idiot.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-03-17 01:51:11  
Dear all, i had accidentally tossed my base mythic weapon resulting to be unable to complete Coming Full Circle quest (mystic quest).

ftfy and yeah: cancel the quest, start over
By Pantafernando 2020-03-17 02:32:44  
Well thats the actual question: how to cancel the quest.

Maybe asking for the 1-time restoration item? Im not sure if that even exist.
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-03-17 03:27:34  
To all
7) Abquhbah: Do you have one of the weapon > trade a weapon > warning msg: You cannot successfully complete this trade transaction while in possession of a Serpentking Zahak relief shard. You must first finish the quest “Coming Full Circle” before trading a new weapon.

This is what worries me, it seems that Abquhbah won't even let him cancel/restart a new mythic quest.

Imilky, can you try trading a new vigil weapon (any job) to Abquhbah and see if the same message related to the 'Serpentking Zahak' KI comes up? If I understand correctly he says that during dialog, but see if the same occurs when you trade a fresh vigil weapon. If you still get the same message, then you are in a toasty situation, because you can't progress on your existing mythic quest, and at the same time can't cancel/start a new one via the NPC. That's a very unique situation where someone has dropped the mythic weapon at this specific part of the quest :/

So at this point, I can only think of one of the following:

A) Call SE technical support and thoroughly explain your situation and how your character can't progress the mythic quest which is understandable since you accidently dropped the item required, but at the same time unable to start a new quest under any circumstance.

B) Call a GM and ask specifically for item restoration as Panta suggested, GMs should be able to identify that you dropped a certain item, and if they manage to restore that item, then see if it lets you continue your quest. (if you drop an item with random augments, GMs can restore it but without the augments, so not sure what state the mythic weapon will be when restore and if it will be suitable to carry on your quest, but maybe worth a short)

C) Seek out someone knowledgeable in the area of game code like Thorny for the purpose of inquiring if lua script and packet injection methods mentioned above will work in resolving your issue.

Good luck!
By Mattelot 2020-03-17 07:57:39  
Not sure if this is a serious post or not.

Not sure what a mystical weapon is.

But it's been known for many years that contacting GMs in this game is a fool's errand. They're as useless as a butthole on your elbow.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-17 08:01:19  
Mattelot said: »
Not sure what a mystical weapon is.

A mythic weapon wielded by FFXI toons.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-17 08:15:32  
I can see typing "mystical" instead of "mythic" once but twice?

Mystic does have it's place in the FF world...

[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniv
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2020-03-18 16:10:48  
Sylph.Reain said: »
I'm fairly sure the GMs don't have the tools to restore the mythic with quest data attached and won't try out of fear of damaging your character data or server data.

I think it makes the mythic quest impossible to complete and also prevents you from starting another. It's spectacularly bad. I strongly recommend anyone working on a mythic to complete coming full circle immediately.

I think it will require a dev fix which they haven't yet. (they did fix the ranged weapons not flagging the quest once augmented though).

When it happened to someone in my linkshell they faked a hacking and got a rollback but they rolled him back years.

I'm the someone. Can confirm.

After beating my and several friends' heads against the wall for a few weeks in efforts to figure out a workaround, I finally cut my losses and conceded the fact that I would never be able to finish/make a mythic on that account, so I just continued making relics/emps.

Flash forward ~18 months and I get an e-mail saying my account has been rolled back. Rolled me back straight to the stone age into when my account was at pre-iLVL gear after iLVL had been out for quite some time.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-03-18 16:24:11  
Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Sylph.Reain said: »

I'm the someone. Can confirm.

After beat my and several friends' heads against the wall for a few weeks in efforts to figure out a workaround, I finally cut my losses and conceded the fact that I would never be able to finish/make a mythic on that account, so I just continued making relics/emps.

Flash forward ~18 months and I get an e-mail saying my account has been rolled back. Rolled me back straight to the stone age into when my account was at pre-iLVL gear after iLVL had been out for quite some time.

Wait...what? They rolled you back ...18 months?! ....They won't do a one-time item restore greater than 2 weeks (1 week officially) ...but they just arbitrarily rolled you back 18-months?

Can you elaborate further? This sounds super strange.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniv
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2020-03-18 16:38:28  
The rollback request was made, and I received an e-mail confirming receipt of the request. I just kept waiting with no updates on the request.

Legit just saw a random e-mail pop up after all that time saying the rollback was completed. Logged in, and my toon was back the way it was when the rollback was first requested.

Unfortunately there wasn't much else to it aside from that. I always just chalked it up to the XI team being understaffed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-03-18 16:44:31  
Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
The rollback request was made, and I received an e-mail confirming receipt of the request. I just kept waiting with no updates on the request.

Legit just saw a random e-mail pop up after all that time saying the rollback was completed. Logged in, and my toon was back the way it was when the rollback was first requested.

Unfortunately there wasn't much else to it aside from that. I always just chalked it up to the XI team being understaffed.

lmfao stone age roll back, that is hilarious, respect man :D
By Jetackuu 2020-03-18 20:34:05  
Pantafernando said: »
Well thats the actual question: how to cancel the quest.

Really? Last time I learned English the question was how to complete it. How to cancel it is on BG, if they're still stuck in a loop (improbable) then they need SE support, not AH.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-18 20:39:32  
Jetackuu said: »
Really? Last time I learned English the question was how to complete it. How to cancel it is on BG, if they're still stuck in a loop (improbable) then they need SE support, not AH.
Yeah I still dont understand what he needs. Balduran gave him a walkthrough and if that doesnt work, nothing will.

(He said GM wont help him.)
By Jetackuu 2020-03-18 20:56:54  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
GM wont help him

If it truly is a SE issue, then a GM may not be the route to take, but contacting support directly. But as I said: unlikely.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-03-19 00:13:35  
Mythics were never designed to be for everyone. If you accidentally drop yours that should take you out of the running. Only appropriate.
By Felgarr 2020-03-19 05:45:45  
OP have you considered opening a bug on the official forums? Be clear in the steps to reproduce and mention this bug STOPS progression in that you cannot cancel the quest to start over and you cannot proceed further with the BCNM
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By Imilky 2020-04-21 00:35:40  
Dear all, GM sent me a msg regarding my bug report which one of the GM had helped to file. Will update the outcome but may take months, i guess.
[+]
First Page 2 3