Mog Tablets Being Found With No One There??

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Tablets being found with no one there??
Mog Tablets being found with no one there??
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-03-12 15:02:16  
So how is this happening? Mog Tablets being found with no one in the respective area to "collect" them. I don't recall reading anything that described the game functioning to "auto find" these. Does anyone else?

Nothing on this link here has anything about them being auto found.

"As part of the Mog Tablet Quest, eleven Mog Tablets have been scattered around Vana'diel and must be discovered and restored by adventurers in return for special rewards."

Anyone else know more?
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-12 15:04:35  
Pretty sure the sys message isn't instant. Maybe when they turn it in to Moogle.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 15:05:08  
It takes a few minutes for server-wide message to go out to everyone. Only people in the zone when it is found will get instant messages.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-12 15:05:40  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
It takes a few minutes for server-wide message to go out to everyone. Only people in the zone when it is found will get instant messages.

This is correct.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 15:05:43  
Takes some time from someone finding it and the server message
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 15:17:11  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Pretty sure the sys message isn't instant. Maybe when they turn it in to Moogle.

They are considered found when they are clicked in regards to the message and eventual kupowers when all are found. Turning them into the moogle doesn't do anything for the server. The finder just gets a reward. I actually forgot I found one on a mule yesterday (La Thiene Plateau; totally nearly walked right by it) and remembered to turn it in today so I can verify that the Kupowers will go active even if someone doesn't turn theirs in. I suppose it is to prevent... people from being *** and sitting on them w/o turning them in to f the server out of Kupowers or something.

Oh, and they are not key items at all. I recall looking in my Temp KI and never saw them. When you click one, it jumps up in the air and zooms away as a little non-cutscene animation.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 15:36:52  
Some rewards are still quite Good.

Plus unlikely there is a autofind program as some servers take a real long time to put kupower up. Its not hard to see 4 or 5 days without them. Once I had to find them by myself as it was clearly in a place people dont go casually.

Found it in the secret area in yuhtunga jungle...
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-03-12 16:03:36  
very interesting things to read here.. ty.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1413 days between previous and next post]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Bladerunnerr 2024-01-24 19:01:10  
The thing I find the most frustrating about these mog-tablets is the fact that nobody has posted a complete list of all the spawn locations. I have found several mog-tablets in places not even listed in any of the online guides.
Just the other day I was looking in Rolenberry Fields for the mog-tablet there and didn't find it at any of the locations that I'm aware of, but several hours later I saw the server message that somebody had found it. Obviously, there's still a spawn location or locations in Rolenberry Fields that I'm unaware of.
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
サーバ: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2024-01-24 21:31:18  
Pantafernando said: »
Some rewards are still quite Good.

This remains true. Just recently I was marveling at how red legs + talaria + bolters roll all stack and can have you zipping around at 48%.
By Tanag 2024-01-24 22:30:04  
Odin.Bladerunnerr said: »
The thing I find the most frustrating about these mog-tablets is the fact that nobody has posted a complete list of all the spawn locations. I have found several mog-tablets in places not even listed in any of the online guides.
Just the other day I was looking in Rolenberry Fields for the mog-tablet there and didn't find it at any of the locations that I'm aware of, but several hours later I saw the server message that somebody had found it. Obviously, there's still a spawn location or locations in Rolenberry Fields that I'm unaware of.

Sadly nowadays most people wont take the time to add it to the wiki
By Masaru 2024-01-24 23:11:39  
Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
This remains true. Just recently I was marveling at how red legs + talaria + bolters roll all stack and can have you zipping around at 48%.

BGWiki:
With equipment of 18% Movement Speed, you need at least 36% from Bolter's Roll to hit the 60% cap.
With roll+5 Barataria Ring, you need a roll of 3 or 11.
With roll+6 Commodore's Knife, you need a roll of 3, 8, 10, or 11 Verification Needed.
With roll+7 Regal Necklace or Lanun Knife, you need a roll of 3 or higher (except unlucky 9)
With roll+8 Rostam, you need any roll (even unlucky 9)

Don’t you have rostam or at least a regal necklace so you run at capped speed with just the legs? The necklace drops like 99% of the time we doing omen boss.

From my perspective talaria is a waste of space.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-24 23:12:03  
Just recently I was marveling at how red legs + talaria + bolters roll all stack and can have you zipping around at 48%.
Don't need Talaria for that, either. Corsair can equip both Hermes' Sandals (which give even more MS than Talaria) and Carmine Cuisses.

Warrior and Rune Fencer can as well, but obviously isn't quite as good as Corsair with Bolter's Roll~
By Masaru 2024-01-24 23:15:50  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Don't need Talaria for that, either. Corsair can equip both Hermes' Sandals (which give even more MS than Talaria) and Carmine Cuisses.
Perhaps I misunderstood you but Hermes and Carmine won’t stack.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-24 23:20:40  
Masaru said: »
Perhaps I misunderstood you but Hermes and Carmine won’t stack.
Oh crap, they don't? Well, then... XD
By Chimerawizard 2024-01-25 04:34:01  
Tanag said: »
Odin.Bladerunnerr said: »

Sadly nowadays most people wont take the time to add it to the wiki
if ffxidb.com has logged the data of mog-tablet locations, it should be easy for them to add it to the list in order to show spawn locations.
If they didn't retain the data, it will be hard to learn all locations.
VIP
By Lili 2024-01-25 06:16:40  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Just recently I was marveling at how red legs + talaria + bolters roll all stack and can have you zipping around at 48%.

Warrior and Rune Fencer can as well, but obviously isn't quite as good as Corsair with Bolter's Roll~

Maybe I misunderstand you, but Warrior is not on Carmine legs.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
サーバ: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2024-01-25 07:15:21  
Masaru said: »
Don’t you have rostam or at least a regal necklace

Not a COR, was only on the job for the master title. Basically naked.

Talaria isn't game-changing but is a nice-to-have for when you've got a lot of running around to do on any random job. But yeah, if you're a decked out COR guess you don't need it. Sure helped me get through nyzul to bhaf camp pretty quick, lol.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-01-25 09:25:41  
>dev change kupofrieds ring to also work on master levels
>half the server is camping mog tablets from then on
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-01-25 12:02:49  
They'd need to significantly raise the maximum bonus to get that much interest. Sure 30,000 exemplar per use is nice, but peach power gives double that. It would generate additional interest sure, but I don't think it would be as much as you suggest.