user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-09 22:57:19  

[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2020-03-09 23:42:25  
It will be interesting. unfortunately, I can not obtain him this month due to not being subbed for one month. I can pick him up in April though so that's not that bad
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-09 23:56:36  
I've done none of those monthly objectives at all and don't feel compelled to.

Should be free instead of adding a F2P element in a monthly sub-game tied to content that doesn't matter while making you do it for a year (at least allow people to backlog the monthlies to do it later)- Talk about not respecting the player base that actually pays you monthly constantly to even log in
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-10 00:03:04  
It's supposed to be a reward for those who stayed loyally subscribed and kept on top of it, which is kind of nice for a change. Can't buy or merc this one, so it's pretty cool to have something earned that's unique.

I also didn't keep up on my monthlies, so I'll be picking him up over the summer or so (360 atm), but I'm not bitter. I think it's a smart business decision to dangle a carrot into the future for a prize. Ensures subs and keeps expectation high (especially with 480 - ??? thing). Just hope the wait is worth it.
 Asura.Biglovin
サーバ: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-10 00:08:37  
If it's not Cornelia in drag, gtfoh xD
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2020-03-10 00:13:23  
Watch them just bring her back so all of us who never did monthly are still happy adventurers
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 00:14:16  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Should be free instead of adding a F2P element in a monthly sub-game tied to content that doesn't matter while making you do it for a year (at least allow people to backlog the monthlies to do it later)- Talk about not respecting the player base that actually pays you monthly constantly to even log in

It could be worse:

[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2020-03-10 01:10:44  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
It will be interesting. unfortunately, I can not obtain him this month due to not being subbed for one month. I can pick him up in April though so that's not that bad
I don't think you'll ever be able to obtain him sir. Need to play more than just once a month. XD
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-10 01:11:56  
What they need to do is work on balancing some of the trusts we never use - maybe a poll of trusts to buff etc
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-10 01:17:04  
Just get rid of Qultada's Evoker's Roll and WSs.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 01:43:33  
Time-gated because of course it is.

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Just get rid of Qultada's Evoker's Roll and WSs.

..and Joachim's rock throwing.

What they need to do is work on balancing some of the trusts we never use - maybe a poll of trusts to buff etc

The obvious one is Luzaf. Is there /any/ reason to use him (unless you're into fem boys that were mistaken early on as a female NPC; with fan-art leaning that direction).
[+]
By Spoiled 2020-03-10 01:58:49  
Asura.Nebohh said: »
I don't think you'll ever be able to obtain him sir. Need to play more than just once a month. XD
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 04:45:02  
Just a little reminder / heads-up (because I just had this happen), when you pick something up that is tagged "Rare" and already have one, it will ask you if you wish to get rid of the thing you're picking up. Be sure to choose not to, throw away the Rare item from your inventory, and /then/ pick up the item from the flotsam point. Otherwise, it won't count if you simply choose to dispose of the item you pick up. I doubt this will affect anyone that will see this, but maybe it will stick in the back of your head in the future.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-03-10 06:30:18  
Noticed this in the patch notes.

Quote:
The alter ego of Monberaux’s ability Cover does not display properly in the combat log.

Uhh... So what job/role is he..?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 06:44:48  
Shiva.Humpo said: »

[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-03-10 08:50:25  
I looked at the Upper Jeuno .DAT files last night during stream, and found the following:
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 09:03:07  
So basically Jeuno's health care provider is similar to Americas? Better set up a gofundme to get some heals out of Monberaux.

[Insert timely & topical Corvid-19 reference here.]

I wonder what the best medicines he can take are. Vile Elixir +1 comes to mind. Thankfully, those are sold by the Curio Moogle with enough RoV progress. However, they're 40,000 (if I recall correctly) so while they won't ever vanish from the AH, if they are super needed for ol' Twink Monberaux, they will probably jump in price to at least cost from NPC vendor moogle. Hmmm. Such a *** that they time-gated him out even more from the day of the version update.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-03-10 09:53:59  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Shiva.Humpo said: »

I can’t stop loling at this. My bunny is probably freaking out right now because I can’t stop laughing.
[+]
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-03-10 10:01:38  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Time-gated because of course it is.
It's 3 days. 3 days.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-03-10 11:34:33  
Two days if you didn’t pick up a floatsam before the update and grabbed yours before JP midnight. Still kind of annoying, though. At least it wasn’t gardening again...
By Haziko 2020-03-10 11:53:16  
I've done none of those monthly objectives at all and don't feel compelled to.

This "you're not respecting me by making me perform actions to obtain rewards" line of thought is incredibly aged (not to mention logically flat).

The only issue here is that which you identified in your first statement--that you chose not to partake in the content before now, and as a result, you cannot obtain the additional tier of rewards added in a later update. If you intentionally choose not to participate, you have absolutely no basis (aside from, perhaps, petulance) to lament your inability to obtain the rewards later.

Paying a monthly sub entitles you to nothing but access to the same game as everybody else. Now go play it if you want the rewards.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2020-03-11 00:12:58  
Spoiled said: »
Asura.Nebohh said: »
He loves to make fun of me...
By Draylo 2020-03-11 00:21:18  
I need three more months, a lot of dumb gardening I skipped.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-03-11 00:44:22  
Monb is surely a welcome addition to my lonely solo playstyle :D
By Heghmoh 2020-03-11 10:25:32  
Just unlocked.

Talk to him in Jeuno and trade him 100,000 gil, he then asks for an elixir or high-elixir. Not sure how this effects his interaction as a trust, but definitely related.

When he's summoned he makes mention of the donation and the elixir.

Uses a variety of Mix Potion spells:

Max Potion: 500hp-700hp cure
Mix: Dragon Shield - Magic Defense bonus buff for ~1min
Mix: Panacea-1 - a panacea, removed a debuff
Mix: Dark Potion - did 666 damage to enemy target
Mix: Samson's Strenght - all attr. stat bonus (+10~, 60s duration)
Mix: Guard Drink - protect/shell for ~4min (~450 defence potency)
Mix: Life water - Aoe Regen (20hp/tick)
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-03-11 10:34:50  
FYI, didn't trade any gil or elixirs and he's still able to do all the above.

Samson's strength lasts for 60 sec.

Mix: Elemental Power gives a MAB boost for 60 sec.

Mix: Vaccine removes Plague.

And he'll literally spam panaceas on your group. No recast, no delay.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-03-11 10:34:51  
Mix: Dry Ether Concoction: Restored 160mp to target
Mix: elemental Power: Aoe MAB
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-11 10:38:06  
someone should upload some of his game play?

i heard he has unique animations for his skills? Anyone think this is a preview of a new job to come with the new scenario?
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-03-11 10:41:23  
He doesn't have any mp and his mix ability doesn't appear to be affected by silence/mute. He instanteously removes debuffs from the entire party (the same as a Yagrush -na spell would) and he'll spam a seemingly endless supply of max potions on himself and party members for 500hp every 6-10 seconds.

So far he's removed blindness, paralysis, silence, and choke.

There are a few spelling errors with his messages and his chat party message for me is just a period.

Edit: His protect/shell only lasts 5 minutes but he also instantly reapplies it. Protect gave me 220 defense so its basically protect V and I assume that the shell would be the same level.

He also has 1883 hp with way over capacity completed and 3 other players in the party and he stands right next to you instead of running away like Yoran does.
[+]
By Heghmoh 2020-03-11 10:44:43  
When i first summoned him he said what looked like 5 different messages including his dismissal message all at the same time.

He just says "." periodically
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7