users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Help!: GearSwap / Windower Freeze / Lockup
Help!: GearSwap / Windower Freeze / Lockup
 Asura.Yottaxa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-03-04 15:00:03  
Over the past few weeks, I have been having an odd issue where Windower/Gearswap will completely hang up - when this happens I can still walk around and move, but no commands will register - I can not input commands via macros or via the controller. For example, I can issue the command to weapon skill or cast a spell, but the command never registers.

I have done a lot of testing, and if I issue the command: /lua unload gearswap - I can then at least issue commands like spells, weapon skills etc. Reloading gearswap however returns to the issue.
If I then logout, I can confirm that Play online is frozen and hangs requiring an end task. This requires a full computer reboot to recover from.

I have reinstalled FFXI, Gearswap, attempted to unload most if not all of my add-ons and I am racking my brain. I have tried compatibility modes. It makes no senses. (Windows 10 FYI) Is there a debug mode to try to diagnose this further?

(As a side not I recently converted to gearswap from being a in game macro user die hard, and I now consider the game unplayable without gearswap).

Appreciate any help anyone can offer.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-03-04 15:10:37  
Try unloading battlemod if you use it.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-03-04 16:09:42  
Nope no battlemod, but thanks - fyi the addons/plugins I use are:

AEcho, ConsoleBG, Debuffed, Distanceplus, findall,InstaLS, Tparty,
Gearswap, Trusts, Timers and Equipviewer.

I lastly suspect it could be a failing motherboard but no other game I play on Steam/etc hangs or locks up so that feels very remote on the possibilities.
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2020-03-05 12:26:27  
By itself, Gearswap shouldn't really be doing that. It could be something going on in your GS lua itself that's making things go funky.

Can you toss it up on pastebin or similar and link here so that we can check it out?