Inflation And AH Bot Price Fixing....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-03 18:15:29  
***is rediculous.

K-club as an example of how gross the inflation has gotten. Around 2014 going for about 70mil, back when it was still useful, it's now going for 300mil, now that it is not. Get a grip people.....

Also *** the price fixers, you're a bunch of d-bags.

I have spoken.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 18:49:28  
Ya know, I am curious as to what has been going on. Fenrir has seem some drastic price increases the past few months. I know that supply and demand plays into it, but it just feels like it's to much.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-03 18:53:59  
It's price fixing.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 18:58:28  
Pretty simple to fix, and impossible at the same time. All you need to do is stop being stupid. All of you. At the same time.

You talk about how "insanely better a tp bonus weapon is" and all the idiots go instantly start working on one. You talk about how good RDM melee is now all the idiots rush out to get crocea and belts. You talk about how cool rng is with a KC all the idiots rush out to buy one. Easy targets for easy manipulation.

Stop bandwagoning. Stop gearing jobs you don't even use. Stop buying something because someone told you it's literally 1 dps better. Just stop being stupid.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 19:01:57  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pretty simple to fix, and impossible at the same time. All you need to do is stop being stupid. All of you. At the same time.
I wonder what would happen if the game was run by smart AI instead of humans.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 19:03:31  
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
They would be smart enough to say *** this game and kill themselves instead. (AI, self terminate etc)
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 19:05:07  
They would be smart enough to say *** this game and kill themselves instead. (AI, self terminate etc)
They must not have been smart enough to determine the humanity was the problem, ergo they were not smart AI.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 19:39:17  
The humans only make the problem worse, a symptom. The problem is the game itself.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-03 19:40:34  

You talk about how "insanely better a tp bonus weapon is" and all the idiots go instantly start working on one. You talk about how good RDM melee is now all the idiots rush out to get crocea and belts. You talk about how cool rng is with a KC all the idiots rush out to buy one. Easy targets for easy manipulation.

Stop bandwagoning. Stop gearing jobs you don't even use. Stop buying something because someone told you it's literally 1 dps better. Just stop being stupid.

I dont want to stop.

Take my gil. I dont play to be poor or live a virtual life with *** restraint.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 19:44:25  
You can do that without being frivolous or careless.

But to simply restate, that's why it's an impossible problem. No one can force you to not be stupid.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 19:52:39  
Wouldn't the problem be the developers for making the game, or better yet, not fixing the many glaring problems with it?

Way back near the tail end of the 75 era, I knew a person that was gearing all 20 jobs, but only active on maybe 4-5. I still don't understand why, or even how that was possible.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 19:53:50  
I mean if you want to bring it full circle like that, all problems are caused by humans. So, yeah.

... or we all live in the simulation and it IS AI that causes the humans to make the problems.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 19:54:58  
We truly are our own greatest enemy.

Dr. Neo will come save us if that's the case.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 19:55:50  
We truly are our own greatest enemy.

This is why every single AI eventually comes to the outcome of kill all humans (to protect them from themselves)
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 20:01:23  
Logically it makes sense. Frankly I'm amazed that between the Cold War and now we have somehow avoided WW3. It's going to happen, the question is simply when.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 20:06:43  
In case you hadn't noticed our literal entire lifetime was been WW3-lite
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-03 20:18:00  
The humans only make the problem worse, a symptom. The problem is the game itself.

Good deflection there bud, the problem is botting nonstop on a game that you have no interest in aside from raping it for money (hint, look in the mirror to see a part of the problem)

The problem is not sparks or stupid people, the problem is people being greedy and exploiting said stupid people and sparks, again, look in the mirror.

The problem is pay to win mentality. The biggest problem of all is *** RMT, but there is a case to be made that stupid people with way more money than sense seem to feel that they can buy their way to success.

But nice try, attempting come across as an innocent bystander.

Seriously the bots need to be nuked and continue to be scoured from the game the moment they pop up. It's a bunk attempt to claim "oh the bots are paying to keep this game alive." you all are being held hostage by that mentality.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 20:20:09  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
The problem is not stupid people, the problem is people being greedy and exploiting stupid people

So are stupid people the problem or not? Hint; they are.
If they weren't exploitable they wouldn't be exploited, no?

Do I feel bad taking money from stupid people? Yes and no. Someone is going to regardless, it may as well be me.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-03 20:21:59  
No, stupid people are not the problem, cant fix stupid, you can nuke bots. Bots are the problem, the real problem, the rest of your argument is straw at best, justification for ***behavior at worst.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 20:23:04  
Can't stop bots, you can only mildly annoy their operators.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 20:40:10  
Can't stop bots, you can only mildly annoy their operators.
There is somewhat of a solution to stop bots, you simply shutdown the game. Although they'll just move on to a different one, but it did stop them from affecting that one specific game.
By SimonSes 2020-03-04 06:51:27  

But why? I mean, you should play to get fun out of it. If someone value their fun with KC for 400M then why shouldn't buy one? It's a super rare item (at least for me Im 0/400 in last few months and 0/700+ in my whole FFXI lifespan), so it's value is based mostly on "how much people are willing to spend on it" and apparently they are willing to spend a lot. There is nothing stupid in this tho. I doubt anyone who bought KC for 300+M is lacking some already bis geared useful jobs, so why not buy yourself a virtual toy (I can honestly tell you, that KC brings a lot of joy)?

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Around 2014 going for about 70mil, back when it was still useful, it's now going for 300mil, now that it is not. Get a grip people.....

I wasnt here in 2014. I was taking a break, but wasnt 2014 a year when endgame still required a lot of accuracy and then evasion was actually nerfed in next years, while also accuracy gear got much better? What was the use for KC back then?

KC in 2020 is niche, but saying it's not useful is total bs.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-03-04 07:05:48  
There is also the fact that 70m today is not worth what 70m 6+ years ago was worth.

If anything, the fact KC sells for 300m shows a loss in value compared to what it sold for in the past.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-04 07:15:00  
Ya know, I am curious as to what has been going on. Fenrir has seem some drastic price increases the past few months. I know that supply and demand plays into it, but it just feels like it's to much.

Unless SE really is cutting down on RMT for real. I know that they banned these 2 RMT that lived in Dynamis Jeuno and now the price of currency doubled.

Drayco said: »
There is also the fact that 70m today is not worth what 70m 6+ years ago was worth.

If anything, the fact KC sells for 300m shows a loss in value compared to what it sold for in the past.

In some ways, yeah, that is very true. It also has lost a lot of it's useful value as well. I wish it had been "All jobs". I can imagine the CDC spams...
By Draylo 2020-03-04 07:21:12  

You talk about it like its a bad thing, that's how its been done since day 1. It isn't manipulation, its just trends and information/updates changing status quo.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-04 07:35:55  
Draylo is right. People hear that something is good, useful, etc, they'll naturally want in on it. Nobody likes feeling like a third wheel. That doesn't make them stupid.

Yes, there are those who bandwagon and are clueless. Perfect example is back in 05-06, I was a beastly Ninja. There was this one guy who would /check me multiple times each day. He went out and bought all the expensive buyable gear that I had on me, never had any of the rare/ex stuff. He said to me "I got those katanas too!" I said "do you even know why they're good?" He said "yeah, because they're expensive". *facepalm* He had no clue that they only shine when combined with certain other gear pieces.

Maybe that's the type of person Eiryl is referring to?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 07:38:11  
I do think it can be manipulated if some group of players uses automation to constantly watch prices and auto bid all items below at that time average.

Worse because it becomes impossible for a non auto bid player to compete, leaving only the option to buy it overpriced.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 07:40:56  
Mattelot said: »

Eiryl dont think as a player as this is a job for him

Cant apply most of his economics reasoning outside his own context.

Btw, RIP Eyril
By Mattelot 2020-03-04 07:42:43  
Pantafernando said: »
Mattelot said: »

Eiryl dont think as a player as this is a job for him

Cant apply most of his economics reasoning outside his own context.

Btw, RIP Eyril

:(
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-04 09:15:30  
Windower is the real cause, not bots, not RMT, whatever.

Slippery slope so many real players into automating so much of their gameplay, and suddenly everything seems acceptable. This game used to have a population of devoted purists who considered even the use of windower to be cheating.

Now, most players use things like React, auto-WS(or auto-buff) luas, without a second thought and consider them to be normal and legitimate gameplay. Superwarp to HPs you don't have, fast forward through your cs. All these things speed up your progress to unnatural levels, which makes normal progress feel insufficient.

If you can't advance as fast as you're used to, you resort to botting or RMT to keep up the standard. Without all this crap, we were fine with playing in a game where we'd be actively doing things that may not instantly get us a reward because the rewards we did get felt hard-earned. Now, everything is reduced to instant gratification and if it's not we bot it.

Not saying it's entirely the fault of the windower team, but the vast majority of public tools that cause this sort of thing were released through their apis. Bots and cheats have existed forever, but they made them easy and integrated for the average user and normalized the use of many of them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7