言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Best Trusts for SMN Solo
Best Trusts for SMN Solo
By SMN4LIFE 2020-02-26 08:19:11  
I solo ALOT!

Ambuscade, Escha NM's, Wildskeeper Reives, you name it. If I can solo it rather than grab a party It's what I prefer. So I'm looking for suggestions on the best trusts to use. For survivability, but also for offense. Best to use for skillchains and magic bursts and the like. I was fighting this NM on a mission today and I won, but it took two tries as I just wasn't damaging it fast enough. Skillchains would have been useful. But I was using Two tanks, Two Healers and a GEO... So any suggestions of great trust setups for certain situations would be wonderful.

Thanks.
By stratton 2020-02-26 09:12:49  
My default
AAEv (though I often dou with pup tank)
Ygnas
Arciela II
Shanatto II
Sylvie (UC)

Crazy refresh, debuffing, survivability.

Now in cases where the mobs are AOE heavy I swap out Shantto II with Semih Latifa. Ygnas, Sylvie run away generally and Arcelia can generally take a hit.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-02-26 10:09:38  
Sylvie is a moron, she uses Refresh+Acumen for SMN. That's not to say she's useless, just disappointing. Trust DDs like Semih/Shantotto are worthless, though. They don't add anything meaningful damage-wise.

I generally go for a pure survival trust setup to give them the highest chances of surviving long enough for me to kill stuff. Something like AAEV, Amchuchu, Joachim, King of Hearts, and Yoran-Oran.

I like King of Hearts as far as RDMs because he prioritizes Dia 3 very, very high. It's pretty much always up before my first BP lands.

Selh'teus is also a good stand-in for Amchuchu if you need AOE healing.

If you want skillchains, best way is to make them yourself. Shattersoul > Flaming Crush > Flaming Crush makes Fragmentation into Light, which is a pretty strong one if you have Apogee up. Garland of Bliss into either Volt Strike or Hysteric Assault makes Light as well. Retribution into Rush makes Darkness, if you need Darkness for some reason.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-02-26 10:23:36  
AAHM is a damn good tank/backup tank when you have a source of haste2 which you do as a smn. Also of note is Zeid, not II, with hastega2 on it he stuns a lot of things.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 10:29:17  
Using a trust like Tenzen II is great if you want to skillchain without putting yourself in danger of meleeing.

He only uses one ws and gets tp slow enough to close every skillchain
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-02-26 11:28:59  
Offensively for fodder, I like AAGK because he will close SCs without using TP if he's under 1000 TP. Seems to be on a cool down of about 10 seconds. Shantotto II to burst it. Hastega II and marches to cap. Quick way to get SC or magic burst done in Omen objectives.

For bosses I'm more survival/self-sustain as well. Using King because of his high HP, status removal and prioritizing Dia III. AAEV is my go-to tank and/or AAHM depending if the boss has a tank buster move. Double up usually Yoran-Oran and Ygnas. Yoran with capped haste and the 20% Fast Cast cheer is a sight to behold. Ygnas usually backup and his AoE heal move helps big AoE moves if Earthen Armor doesn't catch it.
By stratton 2020-02-26 12:23:47  
Quote:
Trust DDs like Semih/Shantotto

I just seem to have more success with them making light skill chains and triggers.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-26 18:37:09  
Every time I solo on SMN expecting a trust to do a SC, I end up waiting for them for what feels like too long, and I'd guess you probably get more overall damage by just keeping BP on cooldown.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [797 days between previous and next post]
By Beau 2022-05-03 23:58:14  
Valaineral opens light for Flaming Crush with his Uriel Blade.
[+]
By jdeep 2022-05-04 01:20:50  
Noillurie solo light/double light SC