Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Soyven
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-02-20 08:15:54  
It's that time again! Who all got banned this go around and who's gonna lie about what they used to get banned? ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 08:41:03  
Im fine, thanks
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-20 08:49:50  
This thread was better when it was yesterday and called this:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54512/post-valentines-day-massacre/#3490129
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 08:52:26  
it's going to be 'that time' once a week for the foreseeable future, if you're still running around at 200% and pos warping for irrelevant ***consider yourself dumb
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-02-20 09:00:42  
Oh, well damn I didnt realize "valentine's day massacre" was ban related, didnt even read the thread lol. Just had a buddy get temped on one character so though I'd start a thread and see what kind of drama would happened inside lmao.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-20 09:06:54  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
it's going to be 'that time' once a week for the foreseeable future, if you're still running around at 200% and pos warping for irrelevant ***consider yourself dumb

Wouldn't it be wise to restrict speed to 60% increase as that's what flee speed is or do they check for any forced increase? Thoughts?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 09:10:26  
They can detect any speed enhancement that exceeds the gear threshold. You might be able to hover around 25-30% range but even that would be sketchy, and it's barely an improvement. They can easily tell your not a thief so you shouldn't normally be able to move at that speed beyond the normal duration. You're at risk no matter what you do. The best/safe use of that app is basically hide characters. Annoying but being able to Target stuff because of too many people
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 09:13:59  
They have your exact speed at all times, as the server sends it to the client.

While it's unlikely they would do so, as it makes it harder to distinguish false positives, they could detect even amounts less than 10% above your legitimate speed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 09:41:42  
So, how does the server read your speed: does it do it like a police scanner where they check your position twice and then determine your speed based on how fast you got to the second location? I could see how that would work if you're running in a straight line, but if you run in an erratic direction (for example, running to gather monsters), how could the server know you're running really fast or normal, if you returned close to your starting position by the time the next interval reads your location? Just asking
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-20 09:50:37  
I know there is some windower plugin that tells the hex ID of a person/NPC/object as well as their speed enhancement % (even if they are standing still) so I'm guessing it's easily able to be read.

I blame packets.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 09:57:27  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So, how does the server read your speed: does it do it like a police scanner where they check your position twice and then determine your speed based on how fast you got to the second location? I could see how that would work if you're running in a straight line, but if you run in an erratic direction (for example, running to gather monsters), how could the server know you're running really fast or normal, if you returned close to your starting position by the time the next interval reads your location? Just asking

the client keeps track of how long you've been running since the server last acknowledged a movement packet, and sends that along with your current position every 350ms

if you run away, and back to your starting position, within 350ms they would not know you were speedhacking.. but you also wouldn't ever be at the intermediary position on the server so it has no way of benefiting you

even if you run erratically, a 350ms position update interval will absolutely catch straight lines at low speed%.. pay attention to how often you autorun and how often you actually turn for a bit because i'd be extremely surprised if you don't make 350ms straight lines almost constantly

it makes no sense to do a timed sample when they already have to update your position, just check the distance square at the same time

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I know there is some windower plugin that tells the hex ID of a person/NPC/object as well as their speed enhancement % (even if they are standing still) so I'm guessing it's easily able to be read.
Worth noting that this shows their 'real' speed, not the speed they are actually moving. Someone speedhacking at 100% in wlegs will read as having 12% not 100%.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-02-20 10:07:50  
A lot of my friends getting caught doing this are usually the ones banned. Seriously this statement needs to be spread everywhere.
By hestermofet 2020-02-20 11:08:28  

I've been running around all morning at 700x speed and POShacking around the goddamn world and absolutely *** all has been done to me this morning. Presuming everyone is getting banned for it makes you look about as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as the morons who buy your gil. Quit pretending you're some all-knowing *** guru of FFXI when you spout ignorant *** such as this.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 11:11:08  
as has been made clear every time this has come up, they select a subsection of cheaters periodically to ban

if you read any of what i had to say, you'd understand that:

-consequences aren't instant, they go out when a staff member goes over the autogenerated lists

-consequences aren't guaranteed, banning everyone who cheats would be a dumb business move, they just need to ban a handful each time to make it clear it's not worth risking your character
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-20 11:30:10  
This is how I take it:

They probably go off how many subs they have.

Set a minimum sub limit at 10,000 (this is for pure example only):

"Oh we have 10,250 subs this month. We can ban 250 people. Look at this list and ban 250 of them at random".
By Shichishito 2020-02-20 11:36:33  
plot twist: the "i got banned/who else got banned" threads popping lately are aktchually made by RMT sock accounts to convince ppl SE is indeed caring again. gottagofast and autopilot are a big nono and the only "safe" way to get stuff fast is buying gil cause the whole medal incedent left a big dent in their wallets and the bank is starting to get mad about the delayed loan payments for the new rubber dinghy they recently purchased.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-02-20 11:40:04  
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html
The differences in gil collected from beginning to now is kind of interesting.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-02-20 11:59:17  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html
The differences in gil collected from beginning to now is kind of interesting.

I am actually interested in the fact they have been able to ban 29,498 accounts since Jan 1, 2019, and we haven't really noticed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 12:00:28  
The truth that nobody really wants to admit is...the majority of people who cheat/bot and get banned come back to the game and start over. Stop kidding yourselves. Either you like the game enough to keep playing it, or you're bored with nothing else to do, so cheating/winning appeals more. In which case, you got nothing else to do once perma hits, and you'll be right back at it soon enough. All this talk of "they are losing money" is a crock of ***. Yall pay for 10 accounts, main gets banned, and you level back up in a day. Nothing of value is lost on SE's side.

Quote:
I am actually interested in the fact they have been able to ban 29,498 accounts since Jan 1, 2019, and we haven't really noticed.

We haven't noticed because it 100% is not true. We have no way of validating that number, so they can literally say anything at this point and who could question it?
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 12:01:32  
Might be some truth to that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 12:03:57  
I'm not even hating or calling anybody out on it either. I'm just saying that this tired *** rant about how much money they are "losing" is 100% false. They would never do something to affect their bottom line in a harsh way if they didn't think they'd get that back in the long run. 29k accounts banned, if that was true, SE would not be making any money period. Or they are banning some gilsellers with 16 chars ea and the total number of "accounts" is actually their characters, which is significantly less than the number they posted.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 12:07:54  
I would note that historically, you can go back and the months where major exploits happened are the same months that the gil amount shot up. In a couple cases, I was either aware of or the primary user of the exploits, and the gil amounts seemed spot on. So, it is not entirely fabricated, at least the gil portion appears to be correct.

That said, you'd be crazy to believe they're banning 71 accounts a day. I'd guess at the very least, they're calling characters account. Even then, it's a bit of a stretch, but the RMT shout mules are likely 16 each and easy targets.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-20 12:08:21  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Or they are banning some gilsellers with 16 chars ea and the total number of "accounts" is actually their characters, which is significantly less than the number they posted.
I am 100% confident that "accounts" really means "characters", so it would easily be feasible to see 29k RMT Lv1 gil holders being the bulk of that number.
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 12:10:52  
All im sayin is that this is different than most bans, i didn't even get banned i got a suspension, im not RMT, i didn't dupe, ive cleared everything without mercing or cheating to do it, literally all i did was kill mobs, to grind gil, bc that ***is boring as ***, and even doing gain xp legit you are competing with and *** over other people trying to do the same thing, its not engaging.

No one gives a ***if RMT get banned, but thats not what im talking about, if all of a sudden they start cracking down like old SE style, they are going to lose people, such as myself, who border in the grey area, it will hurt more than making an example of a few rmt every month as a show of force. it will reflect on thier revenue.
[+]
 Asura.Superiority
By Asura.Superiority 2020-02-20 12:13:07  
Kujata.Tetsuiga said: »
it will hurt more than making an example of a few rmt every month as a show of force. it will reflect on thier revenue.

No it wont. Buukki nailed it. People who have been banned will be back. Everyone I know who was perma'd is already back and as strong as ever. Most of us gonna ride this till death.
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 12:20:14  
Well, to each their own, i think i'm done personally, nothing to do but grind and the hell with all that lol, So long and thanks for all the fish FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Superiority
By Asura.Superiority 2020-02-20 12:25:15  
Well, to each their own, i think i'm done personally, nothing to do but grind and the hell with all that lol, So long and thanks for all the fish FFXI.

No come back you're hurting their bottom line!

Do what you gotta do man. If you love the game, play it the way you want, knowing that if you 3rd party you're risking yourself. Grind exists in any MMO. Nothing different/unique here. ***its even easier here now than it has been in the past.
By fonewear 2020-02-20 12:27:01  
If they really cracked down Asura would go from 2000 plus to like 500 people.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-20 12:27:38  

***'em bro, that's what I'm saying. Cancel them accounts.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11