フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Soulflayer Ambuscade V1
Soulflayer Ambuscade V1
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 15:23:42  
tyalangan said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
If you are going to make new threads based on which mob is currently up, may I suggest changing the thread title format to "Ambuscade V1: 'mob type'" instead? Makes it easier for archive and retrieval purposes. I do think it's smart to have a dedicated sticky per mob type instead, just that this current title won't help much in a couple months/years when this mob type shows up again, because the way it is titled now, is no different than past threads.

Edit: also, if the site mods can pull it off, a separate ambu forum category would be a great home for future stickies.

Good idea. The day I created it there was an edit button for the title, I thought, but it isn't there anymore. If I make it next month I will definitely add that info.

Thanks, I just feel that will be a little better organization, and can just necro bump the relevant mobs thread, instead of constant new threads heh. Also if a moderator happens to pop into this thread they can change titles also.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 15:28:06  
I've asked about this a couple times. It makes logical sense to just change the title and bump the old thread, all the info is already there.

But since people don't ever read anything before the current page... it's moot either way.

...and there's a lot of excess ***, arguing and misinformation in the older threads too, so they would have to be cleaned up to only relevant information.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 15:31:02  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I've asked about this a couple times. It makes logical sense to just change the title and bump the old thread, all the info is already there.

But since people don't ever read anything before the current page... it's moot either way.

If there were an ambu sub forum that would help prevent people from just starting new topics over and over, be a lot less buried than in the general endgame forum where a couple years+ worth of other topics just bury the crap out of it.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 15:37:43  
...and there's a lot of excess ***, arguing and misinformation in the older threads too, so they would have to be cleaned up to only relevant information.

I figure that's just the nature of any strat type of topic. Peruse the older posts, maybe pickup a few tips for your current strat, post new strats based on current conditions/power creep. The drama will always be there, so just ignore it. Or don't lol, I find it kinda funny reading old drama, when later on neither person arguing is correct and it become common knowledge lol

Edit: anywho I'll quit derailing, post your strats people! (Preferably at least one that is viable for ninjas, maybe I can get some ambu love this month, last month was good to me! lol)
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-13 17:57:08  
For anyone using MNK/Mewing method, Counterstance is perfectly safe to use while tanking all the Imps provided you have a Hybrid set. With 47% PDT and Phalanx II, the 20% of attacks that go through are only hitting me for about 80 damage on average. I usually only need to cast like 3 cures during the 3 minutes it takes me to kill the Imps and Regen V takes care of the rest. Could probably ditch the WHM for a COR or SMN for more buffs/quicker Mews and just have either the GEO and/or SMN heal, to be honest.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-02-14 00:38:45  
Yeah, thanks for putting that out. I did notice that imps nor soulflayer do not do any nasty physical TP move, so counterstance works wonders indeed in this ambu which is quite convenient.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-02-14 04:38:37  
Hey guys, if you wanna check out a safe (but a bit slow) strat for this month here it is:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Lemme know what you think, if it's too "wannabe youtubery" and If I come out as too obnoxious :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-02-15 14:04:07  
PLD SMN WHM COR RNG RNG still works extremely well.

[+]
By Honeybaked 2020-02-15 17:52:08  
Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Hey guys, if you wanna check out a safe (but a bit slow) strat for this month here it is:

Lemme know what you think, if it's too "wannabe youtubery" and If I come out as too obnoxious :D

Video is well done and is clear about the strategy. Great job.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-15 17:57:58  
Safety, if shield(2) gets up the only 100% known way to break it is pets, and of all the pets smn happens to give buffs and enmity free/tp free damage, so it's the obvious choice.

A lot of speculation on how to break the second shield last time but nothing really concrete, And then sirens blessing is subtle blow, that's perfect for reducing shield chance.

I think that it's just a really ridiculously high phalanx, like 10k so that's why anni crits go through and pacts easily clear that, but underbuffed and undergeared players think it's pets only, but again no real proof of it. Easy enough to test trueflight power creep is WAY higher than it was 2 years ago and gives static numbers.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-16 04:11:16  

Please use a shirt
 Ragnarok.Galiber
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-02-16 06:03:21  
Pantafernando said: »

Please use a shirt

Bro gotta show those gainz
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-02-16 10:45:55  
Safety, if shield(2) gets up the only 100% known way to break it is pets, and of all the pets smn happens to give buffs and enmity free/tp free damage, so it's the obvious choice.

A lot of speculation on how to break the second shield last time but nothing really concrete, And then sirens blessing is subtle blow, that's perfect for reducing shield chance.

I think that it's just a really ridiculously high phalanx, like 10k so that's why anni crits go through and pacts easily clear that, but underbuffed and undergeared players think it's pets only, but again no real proof of it. Easy enough to test trueflight power creep is WAY higher than it was 2 years ago and gives static numbers.

I second this, my Gandiva crits were hitting for 18k with no shield, with Jishnu's doing about 30-35k.

With single Shield up, I was down to 10-13k range, and 25k Jishnus. And with double shield up, my crits would only do 3-5k, with 10k Jishnu's.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-02-16 11:17:19  
So then barrage and ws should also be able to take it down then right? If you get hit with bad luck / timing can always save barrage for it? That way bringing a pet job isn't mandatory (although siren is great in there).
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-02-16 11:44:01  
Crossbones said: »
So then barrage and ws should also be able to take it down then right? If you get hit with bad luck / timing can always save barrage for it? That way bringing a pet job isn't mandatory (although siren is great in there).

It depends on if its a damage threshold or a crit damage threshold. Years past the reason we brought smn was because Ramuh was a crit spike hit that allowed it to break the shield. But if none of your barrage hits crit over the threshold, your barrage would hit for 0 on all the hits, resulting in a 0 TP barrage.
By pawnoee 2020-02-18 03:57:18  
VD RDM solo

[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-18 18:49:59  
They used to say BLU was overpowered with its scary Cocoon spell. RDM soloing content like nothing now thanks to all its upgrades and gear. We need one for BLU.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-18 19:40:31  
It's actually really easy to fix blu. You just have to understand the concept that it's not a damn swordwarrior. Not going to do that debate though.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-18 19:46:01  
Right now most blue magic is lacking. We need a potency and duration increase for most spells, we need unbridled knowledge to be a duration and not for single spell use or unlock those spells completely. If we aren't going to be brought up to par with other DD, we need some of our spells enhanced to actually be useful because right now they are not needed. Rarely does a BLU cast spells outside of AOEing and buffs. They could add gear that enhances certain spells effects or creates new ones. A lot of jobs have gear that create new effects like PLD dispel on AF2 gloves, MNKs meditate via the sash, etc. We could have a sash that increases DEF down on a spell, or that creates amnesia with sudden lunge etc.

Something like RDM has completely eclipsed what BLU can do and is even quite on par dmg wise. It isn't fair people came with pitchforks to have SE ninja nerf BLU yet jobs like RDM completely surpass BLU on almost every level. I could list off a large amount of jobs that have come past BLU these last upgrades but it would be too long.
By Vankathka 2020-02-18 20:04:21  
I almost had sympathy but I hope BLU forever stays inferior to RDM now you BST hater. /fry eyes
By Draylo 2020-02-18 21:46:16  
Delete BST!
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-02-19 08:01:53  
I would love if they made Unbridled Learning duration, or significantly reduced the recast time. Mighty Guard is an amazing spell but there are a lot of really interesting and useful spells in that list, but we're pretty much relegated to only use MG (or Verve for cleaves). Being on Mal gear, for me, definitely reduced the salt from Omen and HTBF snubs gear wise, and the job doesn't need huge adjustments, but there are definitely interesting things they could do with BLU that aren't game breaking, but would be meaningful to BLU fans.

Unbridled adjustments
Buff duration increases
Chain Affinity adjustments (I would adjust it not to consume tp)
Adding new traits/trait combos, or adding existing traits onto cheap, rarely used spells to allow us more flexibility with our points and slots

I just want Fusion property on demand full time, is that so much to ask? :-p
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-19 08:14:35  
pawnoee said: »
VD RDM solo

So to clarify, how's he dealing with the shield? Is CDC breaking it? Is he using Excal or something that breaks it? I remember doing SMN-less runs the last time it came around, and it was possible, but wasn't so easy since it wouldn't break each time. I'm wondering if I could do this RDM strat with my alt as RDM to deal with add placement, and need to know what mechanic I need to bring to make sure the shield isn't an issue so I know what job to go on.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-19 08:44:55  
Critical Hits, WSs, and BP/Pet TP moves all bypass the shield. In my observation, they all contribute cumulative damage to breaking the shield (SMN just happens to be able to do the most damage the fastest, which is why it's preferred (along with buffs)). He appears to be using Almace (DEX+50~70) for crits/CDC bonus (and light SC for extra dmg) to downgrade shields, and then swapped to Crocea to enspell single wield it to death. As you could see, the flayer is extremely susceptible to enfeebles, which makes meleeing him up close not as much of a threat. And he showed a brief glimpse of his melee set, which was not perfect by any means. Not sure if he was using a max Subtle Blow set either, but that would help as well. It did take him over 25minutes, though. So it's cool RDM can solo it at all, but any mistakes is probably a wipe.

For a shooting strategy, you can handle shields by swapping to Tactician's/Rogue's and unloading Last Stand > BP > Last Stand (Light/Radiance), instead of standard Chaos/Sam.
By Fayona 2020-02-19 08:51:32  
He’s using crocea to bypass the shield. It looked like he used sanguine blade once when the shield was up to recover HP as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-19 09:02:08  
I see what he did now. I was wondering why he went with Almace first and then to Crocea. It's possible he decided he didn't want boss gaining so much TP so he switched midway through the fight when it could get dangerous (like a full dispel reset). Enspell damage does bypass shield, so maybe his goal was to downgrade the shield before swapping to Croc to get full advantage from enspells. That would make more sense, since enspell strat feeds no TP and you're practically 100% safe with shadows, paralyze, and silence. Unless you crit hit.