言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Soulflayer Ambuscade V1
Soulflayer Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4
By tyalangan 2020-02-12 08:45:16  
I think it is best practice to open new ambu threads and link the old threads in the OP as strategies change and things can get lost if we continue bumping.

Old Thread: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52658/august-ambuscade-volume-one/8/#3487940

BG info: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade

V1 2020 RDM/SCH solo Normal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XRqbc3mVOI
  • Saboteur Manifestation Bindga, kill imps one by one, Saboteur silence Flayer until proc, kill

[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-12 09:12:28  
Refresh your page, I updated the main Ambuscade page little under an hour ago. ;^*
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-12 09:22:01  
Makes me want to try soloing D on RDM/SCH as a tri-box with GEO and WHM mules.

I find it strange that he's a RDM and used a RDM trust (Koru-Moru) instead of Qultada or something else that could benefit him more.

Edit: What's he using to negate the shield?
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-02-12 09:49:38  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Edit: What's he using to negate the shield?
Looks like just auto-attacks + enthunder? Shield comes up at 8:04, no weapon skills go off until it's down at 8:11.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 11:53:19  
Looks like pet special moves remove shield effect.
BST solo video using sheep pet

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-12 11:55:53  
pup tank viable with frontline dps pulling off the imps ?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 12:06:36  
Probably. The Imps are mostly harmless, but on VD there's a lot more of them, and they would be all over the place because PUP has no aoe tanking ability to plant/keep all hate on them, unless they do something like Sentinel > Ventriloquy > Heady Artiface (PLD) at start
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-02-12 13:22:01  
Hi all. Some friends and I tinkered for a while with optimal setups for VD.

We first tried PLD/WHM/BRD/GEO/COR/COR. We had medium success, cleared twice in reasonable time (under 10 minutes), but on the third and forth tries, we ended up getting stonewalled by his shields. The third attempt took approximately 20 minutes and the fourth attempt ended in failure because he was invulnerable by 50%.

So we tried PLD/SMN/BRD/GEO/COR/COR instead, opting to ditch the WHM for a SMN who could reliably break the shields. It DID work, but a Tribulation got through and nobody was paying attention. The 1000 per tick Bio killed PLD pretty quick and resulted in a wipe. This is theoretically doable if the SMN, BRD, and GEO are healing and erasing consistently. You need to have the PLD fully erased if the Bio comes out or he'll surely die while you attempt to get off attack/defense down effects.

Lastly, we tried PLD/WHM/BRD/GEO/COR/SMN and this seems to be the ticket.

With Fomalhaut, Last Stand > Volt Strike > Last Stand will make 3-step radiance that kills the imps in one SC. Then just repeat the same SC on Soulflayer and he gets rocked. Also, it helps if the WHM or GEO can land a silence on the flayer -- it is a big help for the tanks to not be terrorized, stunned, silenced, and paralyzed every 15 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-12 13:48:22  
Does panacea work for bio??? - people always seem to forget how good they are to carry around.

Also the video of the RDM soloing; is enthunder autoattack enough to break the shield??
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-12 13:49:36  
Edit*
Ruaumoko said: »
Tanks need to carry Panacea for the Bio from Tribulation. It's freaking lethal, 1000/tick Bio. It'll kill you in seconds, save your WHM the heart-attack and help them out.

mhomho said: »
Remedy took off the Bio in the VD run last night. Is it not standard to have these things with you already?
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-12 13:54:21  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Edit*
Tanks need to carry Panacea for the Bio from Tribulation. It's freaking lethal, 1000/tick Bio. It'll kill you in seconds, save your WHM the heart-attack and help them out.

mhomho said: »
Remedy took off the Bio in the VD run last night. Is it not standard to have these things with you already?

Awesome. Honestly Panaceas are so much better (getting rid of things like def-down etc etc), that I barely even buy remedies anymore.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-12 14:28:51  
Hmmm, typically any eraseable effect requires Panacea:
Bio, Defense down, Stat down, Slow, Addle, etc
And has no effect on lyna effects (which are handled by remedy):
Paralyze, Silence

So you should carry both.
By Mrgrim 2020-02-12 22:48:28  
Just did it with my Mnk style setup, taking me 8mins atm, can improve on time definitely once I get the mojo on this fight. With enough MEVA u can evade Reprobation Outright. RDM silencing and doing Bindgas makes the fight easy also. Will post a video later.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 23:19:49  
Interesting. How are you breaking shield on monk if I may ask Mrgrim?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-12 23:23:51  
Subtle blow strat with one melee, probably a 0% chance it even does 2 moves to get a shield. Crits break first shield long before it has tp for a second. (i'm assuming)

Or has a smn for safety/mew
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-12 23:35:56  
Mrgrim said: »
Just did it with my Mnk style setup, taking me 8mins atm, can improve on time definitely once I get the mojo on this fight. With enough MEVA u can evade Reprobation Outright. RDM silencing and doing Bindgas makes the fight easy also. Will post a video later.

Are you going to make me want to make a Spharai?
By Mrgrim 2020-02-13 01:32:30  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Are you going to make me want to make a Spharai?

Ayyyyy I have to make some Spharais also for completion sake! Also here's the vid, this was a relatively unlucky run but went relatively smooth. The gist of this is keeping flayer bound with gravity along keeping imps bound also. It is crucial in keeping flayer unsilenced and keep distance until it's time to kill it. After 1st silence he becomes more resistant and noticed that silenced lasted less. My fastest run has been 7:25 mins, when the 3 step killed most imps lol. The imp's amnesia seemed to land 100% of the time along their dispels, but you can def evade flayer's full dispel in which addle shines.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Mrgrim 2020-02-13 01:38:15  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Interesting. How are you breaking shield on monk if I may ask Mrgrim?

Believe it or not, I just punched through it until it dropped lmao. Not sure what it does when 2 of them are up. I think he has Occult Acumen because I noticed that he spammed more tp moves after casting blue magic on us hence why we stopped silencing in the beginning and started silencing him when it was time to kill it so we had a bigger window for killing him.

Edit: Didnt know that critical hits took out shield, that must of been what removed it's shield since it's TP Drain was pretty severe.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-13 01:44:51  
Been having BRD and WHM go /SMN for Mewings and runs have been much smoother while killing stuff on MNK. I'd probably have COR go /SMN as well for extra insurance. Everything will literally just sit there while you kill them through Silence and Mewings.
By Mrgrim 2020-02-13 01:52:41  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Subtle blow strat with one melee, probably a 0% chance it even does 2 moves to get a shield. Crits break first shield long before it has tp for a second. (i'm assuming)

Or has a smn for safety/mew

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Been having BRD and WHM go /SMN for Mewings and runs have been much smoother while killing stuff on MNK. I'd probably have COR go /SMN as well for extra insurance. Everything will literally just sit there while you kill them through Silence and Mewings.

Damn I forgot about /smn, not easy for me to pull off multiboxing lol, could have the geo go /smn lol or a replacement cor. With brd cor and geo going /smn it will definitely go faster, can't multitask like that so if someone replaces my bois's jobs I believe these runs can go down as low as 6mins. If doing a mewing, do the mew once the 2nd WS goes off, after you do 3rd ws on imp he gonna WS if you don't mew.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-13 02:01:47  
If doing a mewing, do the mew once the 2nd WS goes off, after you do 3rd ws on imp he gonna WS.
Since I'm working with 1 min recast timers, I just change to a different imp if neither of my brd or whm's BP timer is up and an imp is close to dropping below 25%. After the Mewing, you should be able to kill 2 low hp imps without worrying about TP moves.
By Mrgrim 2020-02-13 02:12:22  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
If doing a mewing, do the mew once the 2nd WS goes off, after you do 3rd ws on imp he gonna WS.
Since I'm working with 1 min recast timers, I just change to a different imp if neither of my brd or whm's BP timer is up and an imp is close to dropping below 25%. After the Mewing, you should be able to kill 2 low hp imps without worrying about TP moves.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up man will add that to the strategy now.
By Ruaumoko 2020-02-13 04:28:28  
Grim, one suggestion I can make is to bring a Samurai if you can. Warding Circle will really speed kills up.

Shijin Spiral > Shoha > Smite will definitely kill an Imp, especially if it has Inundation on it. Might be able to leave GEO out if so.
By Mrgrim 2020-02-13 12:29:23  
Grim, one suggestion I can make is to bring a Samurai if you can. Warding Circle will really speed kills up.

Shijin Spiral > Shoha > Smite will definitely kill an Imp, especially if it has Inundation on it. Might be able to leave GEO out if so.

Sounda like a good idea, i think closing with fudo will be even bettee since VS damage fluctuates even with impetus up.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 13:23:23  
If you are going to make new threads based on which mob is currently up, may I suggest changing the thread title format to "Ambuscade V1: 'mob type'" instead? Makes it easier for archive and retrieval purposes. I do think it's smart to have a dedicated sticky per mob type instead, just that this current title won't help much in a couple months/years when this mob type shows up again, because the way it is titled now, is no different than past threads.

Edit: also, if the site mods can pull it off, a separate ambu forum category would be a great home for future stickies.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-02-13 13:47:28  
Since Soulflayer takes 115% light damage, would trueflight or seraph blade be effective?
By Crossbones 2020-02-13 14:11:23  
A lot of them take reduced magic damage. Not sure about the one from ambu this month.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-13 15:03:35  
Looking through logs:
Code
00:36:31Llewelyn uses Victory Smite.The Master Manipulator takes 21116 points of damage.
00:36:35Skillchain: Light.The Master Manipulator takes 17853 points of damage.

00:36:45Llewelyn uses Victory Smite.The Master Manipulator takes 35793 points of damage.
00:36:49Skillchain: Light.The Master Manipulator takes 30182 points of damage.

00:37:13Llewelyn uses Victory Smite.The Master Manipulator takes 51680 points of damage.
00:37:17Skillchain: Light.The Master Manipulator takes 43527 points of damage.

Don't know if the SC damage element was actually Light in these, though. These are just Victory Smite > Victory Smite Light SCs.
By tyalangan 2020-02-13 15:21:49  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
If you are going to make new threads based on which mob is currently up, may I suggest changing the thread title format to "Ambuscade V1: 'mob type'" instead? Makes it easier for archive and retrieval purposes. I do think it's smart to have a dedicated sticky per mob type instead, just that this current title won't help much in a couple months/years when this mob type shows up again, because the way it is titled now, is no different than past threads.

Edit: also, if the site mods can pull it off, a separate ambu forum category would be a great home for future stickies.

Good idea. The day I created it there was an edit button for the title, I thought, but it isn't there anymore. If I make it next month I will definitely add that info.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4