言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Dragon-Mireu
New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26
By malakef 2020-02-18 20:17:53  
I don’t remember it being much of an issue at all honestly. I didn’t have attunement or anything either but I was wearing I think 2 pieces of Kenda +1. I’m sure it helped but couldn’t have been that big a difference. I was more annoyed by the sleepga.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-02-18 22:02:56  
It landed everytime on me as a Dragoon and as a GEO in MEVA set. It would use it again immediately after it wore off too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 08:32:33  
Logged in early to get DI before reset. Didn't see Unity messages for 15m so decided to warp and scout. Mireu sitting at 99% untouched in Zitah. Every person that came to DI warped within seconds of seeing him lol. At least he's good for a blood warp!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 12:33:48  
Up to 4 pages on the "*** mireu" (feb update thread)

If you think it needs to be changed / is stupid / poorly implemented etc, tell them. Seriously.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56445-February-2020-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest/page4

The jp are still double that, 8 pages deep on it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-20 13:07:24  
Heard from a JP yesterday (before the banning), that the bonus from the first wave enables the 'winner' to essentially fight Mireu as though he was just another Quetz in terms of damage output.

The biggest problem is that when I was looking at unity chat, you couldn't tell that it was going to be Mireu until after the first wave, so there was no way to prep for it, so a mule/bot would typically get the first wave kill, and immediately die/warp.
 Asura.Hamburgerz
user: Dandawgs
By Asura.Hamburgerz 2020-02-20 13:26:28  
Phoenix.Miraun said: »
Heard from a JP yesterday (before the banning), that the bonus from the first wave enables the 'winner' to essentially fight Mireu as though he was just another Quetz in terms of damage output.

The biggest problem is that when I was looking at unity chat, you couldn't tell that it was going to be Mireu until after the first wave, so there was no way to prep for it, so a mule/bot would typically get the first wave kill, and immediately die/warp.
I got the bonus on my main with mostly bis dancer gear. I spent most of the hour fighting him terrorized. My alt was in full DI gear though and was doing normal damage to him.
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-20 13:28:18  
Asura.Hamburgerz said: »
I got the bonus on my main with mostly bis dancer gear. I spent most of the hour fighting him terrorized. My alt was in full DI gear though and was doing normal damage to him.
In the same party as your main that got the bonus?

That would be interesting if there was some sort of bonus granted to the entire party.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 13:42:24  
Phoenix.Miraun said: »

I dont remember clear but i think i did engage Mireu with the bonus, but i was nowhere near to be a match against it
 Asura.Hamburgerz
By Asura.Hamburgerz 2020-02-20 13:42:26  

This is what my damaged looked like with Awaken status in Mireu I was so excited about it I forgot to ss what my other character was doing that was in DI gear. But he was doing normal damage (maybe a little lower than normal) and was in my party.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 13:51:45  
That damage is cool, until you get terror locked back to back to back.

Do you lose awakening bonus if you die? I assume, but jw.
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-20 13:56:18  
You do. I actually wasn't sure of this myself, but yesterday my old main which had awakening was demolished by a charmed player and it didn't come back with raise.

How much HP % wise did that skillchain take off?
 Bahamut.Nikkije
サーバ: Bahamut
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-20 13:57:50  

This is what my damaged looked like with Awaken status in Mireu I was so excited about it I forgot to ss what my other character was doing that was in DI gear. But he was doing normal damage (maybe a little lower than normal) and was in my party.

Interesting, that's actually pretty cool. I still think it's going to take more than 1 person with Awakened status to make a difference in there, perhaps. No disrespect to you, but it took 50+ of us and a lot of coordination to down Mireu on Bahamut. Even with normal damage, a single person may not be enough - I could be wrong though.
 Asura.Hamburgerz
By Asura.Hamburgerz 2020-02-20 14:02:44  
Bahamut.Nikkije said: »
Interesting, that's actually pretty cool. I still think it's going to take more than 1 person with Awakened status to make a difference in there, perhaps. No disrespect to you, but it took 50+ of us and a lot of coordination to down Mireu on Bahamut. Even with normal damage, a single person may not be enough - I could be wrong though.

Oh there is no way one person could do it alone unless terror could be negated. I was terrorized 80% of the fight. Even when I was able to ws like this it was barely even 1% of its health. This fight we got it to 41% and timed out. Without coordination like you all did its pointless.

*I dont post a lot so I keep messing this up lol
 Bahamut.Nikkije
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-20 14:48:23  
Bahamut.Nikkije said: »

Oh there is no way one person could do it alone unless terror could be negated. I was terrorized 80% of the fight. Even when I was able to ws like this it was barely even 1% of its health. This fight we got it to 41% and timed out. Without coordination like you all did its pointless.

*I dont post a lot so I keep messing this up lol

LOL no worries, thanks for clarifying. They should allow 5-10 people to have Awakened status maybe for it to make a difference.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-20 18:30:34  
One thing that could solve the buff overlapping thing on Mireu is the /blockaid command.
Make so it works for Trust NPC as well, and bang, problem solved.
Who wants the trust buffs will keep it off, everybody else will activate it.

Atm it doesn't work alas so it's useless, but it could be a fast and nice way for SE to address the issue.

Also I'm tanking Mireu right now on my RUN, his damage is laughable.
It's more a matter of requiring too much acc to hit and some of his AoE moves are a bit too nasty, not sure which but everybody except me keeps getting oneshot left and right lol.

I'm tanking afk while typing this lol.
But that's because nobody can hit Mireu so they can't generate enmity, I guess.

Also to efficiently tank this you need 2 or 3 tanks because sometimes he really likes to spam bloody *** Terror over and over and over, annoying.
 Shiva.Dayone
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-02-20 21:02:06  
I took my 4man to get some points when he popped at 100%; was a little late. It was funny because I had just come off a w3 dyna win and happened to be DRK/DRG. Had with me my GEO, BRD, WHM and somehow there was no one in the zone, 1 WHM and a RDM that died and left for about 30 minutes.

I kept rotating tanks and jumping away hate, much like in dyna and didn't have to worry about lots of extra crap buffs (so i could SV). In those 30 minutes was only able to get it 9% done (I heard it scales with people in zone so maybe tons of folk just left right away). Really a stark comparison to parse topping one event and then turning back into a baby DRK the next :/

Re: MEVA, DRK is 4/5 volte (missing head) and wasn't evading terror so I switched to trust tanking and jumping.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-21 03:44:46  
I wasn't evading Terror in my full meva set with Miso Ramen +1 on RUN. Tried even with Aettir and swapped runes around, but nothing.
I think Absolute Terror has an incredibly high accuracy, even the one from the Wyrm sin Abyssea sticks on you, which lead many to think it has a random duration (random or according to which values? I dunno) and sticks 100% of the time.

It sticked every time for me but different durations. Sometimes it was 30, sometimes it was 15 seconds, sometimes it was 60.
Not sure if it's a resist or random durations I have no clue, but I never avoided it.

I did avoid Addle plenty of time though, and Mireu's Fire and Blizzard spells and his Hydro-something breath were doing laughable damage. Likewise his melee attacks, he hits like a pussy!
He even used Spike Flail twice and people started to die left and right but both times it didn't hit me, I dunno, maybe I evaded it? There's a cap on the number of people that can be hit at the same time by a monster's AoE (like 150ish?) but I'm not sure we had that many there yesterday.

Kinda semi off topic but I've always wondered about some buffs I receive during Domain Invasion, I have no clue which trusts (from other players') grant those buffs to me:

1) Ancient Circle?
2) Haste? (or haste2, but some NPC was casting it on me)
3) Divine Caress

I mean is there an NPC that casts spells even on people outside their pts?
I only knew about AoE spells that hit everyone and, because of that, end up hitting even people outside that trust's pt.
But here we're talking about single target spells, which means some trust purposedly targetd me even if I'm outside his party o.o
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2020-02-21 05:46:19  
Asura.Sechs said: »
1) Ancient Circle?
3) Divine Caress

1) It's not listed on bgwiki, but Shikaree Z can use it

2) Ygnas/Phototropic Wrath gives a 60s Haste II along with an attack bonus, MAB, and Enlight;
Excenmille (S)/Stag's Call gives a 3min Haste, attack bonus, and MAB once every 5min

3) A PC WHM used caress and targeted one of their own trusts, allowing either Divine Veil or Accession to affect all friendly targets

As an aside re: Haste--Ygnas/Phototropic Wrath will overwrite any existing Haste or Haste II effect, while Excenmille (S)/Stag's Call will not. Contrary to what's listed on bgwiki, Maat's Mantra does not apply Haste (and Maat (UC) doesn't use Mantra at all, so there's no enhanced version or anything).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-21 06:31:08  
Ah! Makese sense then. Thanks!
Wonder what happens if as SCH main I accession a spell on a Trust. Will it replicate for everybody in range? If so it's hot lol.
Would work only when the trust (and not myself) is the target though.
Bet it would work with Embrava at least.
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2020-02-21 06:56:08  
Yep!

Target yourself or another PC in your party → hit all PCs and NPCs in your party

Target a PC outside your party → hit all PCs and NPCs in their party

Target an NPC in your party → hit all PCs and NPCs nearby
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-22 22:55:17  
died again on baha 78 in zone, think this is 5th time people gathered for it and killed it *
[+]
By malakef 2020-02-22 23:05:30  
I think it’s the fifth just Today we killed it. Kill streak on dragons is about 100 right now so that’s several kills today.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-22 23:09:25  
malakef said: »
I think it’s the fifth just Today we killed it. Kill streak on dragons is about 100 right now so that’s several kills today.
oh wow :o
[+]
By Fayona 2020-02-22 23:50:18  
For the most recent kill on Bahamut, there were parties from at least 2 of the top NA shells, using GEO BRD WHM TANK DD DD and 78 people in zone. Unclear how many of the 78 were assisting on the kill but Mireau went from zero lag to I can't swap to my alt at all.
By Fayona 2020-02-22 23:52:37  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I wasn't evading Terror in my full meva set with Miso Ramen +1 on RUN. Tried even with Aettir and swapped runes around, but nothing.
I think Absolute Terror has an incredibly high accuracy, even the one from the Wyrm sin Abyssea sticks on you, which lead many to think it has a random duration (random or according to which values? I dunno) and sticks 100% of the time.

It sticked every time for me but different durations. Sometimes it was 30, sometimes it was 15 seconds, sometimes it was 60.
Not sure if it's a resist or random durations I have no clue, but I never avoided it.

I did avoid Addle plenty of time though, and Mireu's Fire and Blizzard spells and his Hydro-something breath were doing laughable damage. Likewise his melee attacks, he hits like a pussy!
He even used Spike Flail twice and people started to die left and right but both times it didn't hit me, I dunno, maybe I evaded it? There's a cap on the number of people that can be hit at the same time by a monster's AoE (like 150ish?) but I'm not sure we had that many there yesterday.

Kinda semi off topic but I've always wondered about some buffs I receive during Domain Invasion, I have no clue which trusts (from other players') grant those buffs to me:

1) Ancient Circle?
3) Divine Caress

I mean is there an NPC that casts spells even on people outside their pts?
I only knew about AoE spells that hit everyone and, because of that, end up hitting even people outside that trust's pt.
But here we're talking about single target spells, which means some trust purposedly targetd me even if I'm outside his party o.o

Oddly enough I had a similar experience on rune. I swapped to monk with 3/5 Malignance 2/5 Kenda +1 and I evaded every terror from that point onward. The warrior in our party using a meva set was repeated terrored and had food dispelled. I was on monk with Sushi+1 and was neither terrored or dispelled
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-23 03:04:33  
Fayona said: »
For the most recent kill on Bahamut, there were parties from at least 2 of the top NA shells

Yup. We brought an alliance of 14 + I think had 2 smaller parties, so around 22 ish characters ourselves. One of our members was streaming live. Members from at least one to two other good shells on bahamut were watching his stream and they subsequently came through to beat Mireu down.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-02-23 03:49:59  
Who needs Pax East when we have Pax Bahamut.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-02-23 08:40:01  
In b4 everyone starts transferring to Bahamut and it becomes the new Asura.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-02-23 10:01:50  
Aerix said: »
In b4 everyone starts transferring to Bahamut and it becomes the new Asura.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26