2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Dragon-Mireu
New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26
By SimonSes 2020-02-17 17:20:54  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They only have to do ~500 dps each for an entire hour including 2 overdrives. I don't see it being realistic.

Was that a typo and you mean *unrealistic?

Asura.Eiryl said: »
it's an over the top absolutely never happen scenario. can't even get 100 bodies to do it let alone 100 pups.

Well obviously it's over the top, but you was the one mentioning the number "100", so I answered to that. I don't see it being realistic to bring 100 pups, but assuming theoretically, that so many would show up, then imo it's perfectly realistic, that they would kill it.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-02-17 17:24:03  
May be worth buffing Naja UC to see if she can land Peacebreaker/Justicebreaker.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-02-17 17:58:28  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Hardest part would getting that many people to have the dragon load for them.

There seems to be a limit of how much ppl can engage it, if you try to use assist on someone engaged you will get a message saying "Mireu refuses to give in". Thats why it doesn't load after the limit is reached.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-17 17:59:34  
Was it ever confirmed, or is it just speculation that the title will give us something of value?
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-17 18:03:31  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Was it ever confirmed, or is it just speculation that the title will give us something of value?
Pessimistic speculation. I don't believe it will lead to anything since it didn't open any vorseals.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-17 19:10:50  
One thing for sure next month(s) we will have changes on it (source: japanese complains, servers that didnt beat it yet, people giving up the fight without even engaging)
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-17 19:15:19  
Pantafernando said: »
One thing for sure next month(s) we will have changes on it (source: japanese complains, servers that didnt beat it yet, people giving up the fight without even engaging)
yay more easy mode
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-17 19:17:58  
Problem isnt difficulty but incentives.

Gives us something worthwhile and every server will one way or another pull a win.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-17 19:22:10  
They broke the golden rule. No reason to do it. not even lol lockstyle items.

Let's just hope they don't go full-retard and force it. aka keeps spawning until killed and you can't get any DI points until it dies.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-17 19:38:43  
Next update: "Thanks for the feedback. We decided to remove the time limit."
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-17 20:43:36  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Mireu has 1688 evasion and -97% resistance to geo debuffs (from atwiki guys)

How trustworthy is this information? I don't think I had THAT much accuracy when I was fighting and hitting it. since I couldn't get my own songs to land on me, and I was on RUN. But haven't seen it spawn last few days to make any attempts at playing with it.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-17 20:47:04  
With so many people there, it may be difficult to tell when Distract or Quickstep is on if you aren't using them yourself.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-17 21:00:32  
How would you even quantify 97% resistance to frailty or torpor without any baseline values? Do we know resistance to geomancy is the same for -every- spell in every case?

Not saying it's false, but it's pretty shitty if true. They really couldn't have made this less pleasant if they tried.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-17 21:00:56  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
With so many people there, it may be difficult to tell when Distract or Quickstep is on if you aren't using them yourself.

We had no organization, I'd kinda be surprised if we had people there on RDM and DNC to have the mob debuffed, since this was also first 24-36 hours. It wasn't a big attempt to begin with, they had been wiping for a little bit. But I plan to still DI daily and I'll play with it a little if it shows for me. I'm not sure my RUN can hit 1700+ acc without food and proper bard buffs in my hybrid set, even in escha, though. My RDM should be able to land debuffs this time around though, so maybe I can at least check if distract III is on.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-17 21:36:02  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
How would you even quantify 97% resistance to frailty or torpor without any baseline values? Do we know resistance to geomancy is the same for -every- spell in every case?

Not saying it's false, but it's pretty shitty if true. They really couldn't have made this less pleasant if they tried.

You don't need to know anything about a mob to get an idea with malaise. Cast 3 fires for 1000 1000 1000 and then malaise and 3 more fires and the gain is zero, it's immune. if the gain is 10 damage it's susceptible but clearly geo spells are nerfed. you won't get exact numbers obviously and 97% is an odd one.

And they definitely could make it worse... my last post is exactly how lol.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-17 21:49:43  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

I haven't seen these numbers till this thread or the testing but since an ACC value was listed you 100% could test torpor to the exact number it' actually doing since with idris/bolster it's -100 Evasion.

As for if all debuffed bubbles are always/sometimes nurfed differently, we really don't know most people test one or 2 and call it a day.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-02-17 22:42:56  
Looks like he tested it with Nether Blast and Malaise.

His twitter is here: https://twitter.com/long_horned but you'll have to auto-translate if you can't read Japanese.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-02-17 22:48:28  
They have estimated -97% because Idris Malaise removes 1 MDB instead of 45 on Mireu but maybe it's even worse than that... like -99% with the 0.45 MDB rounded up.
I don't think it would be different for other geo debuffs but there's no real easy way to tell.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-18 01:40:44  
Well, popped again so went out to play with it. My RDM couldn't land anything. Stymie Frazzle III landed of course, but didn't land Distract ever, couldn't get Frazzle back up, or anything. It's not a max RDM though (missing regal gem, need better waist, and only 1100~ JP) but couldn't get that up. Will confirm once I got to 1630+ accuracy I started to hit it more often.

I think one of the most annoying things is trust buffs sharing. They need to find a way around that mechanic because getting a bunch of weak *** buffs is not very helpful for Mireu.

At least I got this, though?

Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-18 01:53:27  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I think one of the most annoying things is trust buffs sharing. They need to find a way around that mechanic because getting a bunch of weak *** buffs is not very helpful for Mireu.
I see a lot of dualboxers complaining about that, but I think they should focus on more important things rather than these secondary stuff.

Can't you folks find ways around?
Yes you're gonna have weak Marchx2 / Madrix2 and sometimes 1 Minuet, and weak Fighter's/Chaos.
So what?
Use your mules to give different buffs that the trusts don't give.

COR: Sam Roll, Regain Roll, Rogue Roll, Runeist Roll, Gallant Roll,
BRD: Honor March, Adventurer's Dirge, Minne, Etudes, Scherzo, Carols, Minuets other than the one used by Trusts (which is Minuet5? Idk)

Otherwise just bring your mules as GEO and use some useful bubbles.

I mean plenty of efficient options. Or am I missing something?
By snakeplisken 2020-02-18 01:55:43  
Is there any way I can just pay with my credit card to kill dragon? Asking for a friend ofc. #MERCGROUPSUNITE
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-18 02:14:32  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I see a lot of dualboxers complaining about that, but I think they should focus on more important things rather than these secondary stuff.

Yes you're gonna have weak Marchx2 / Madrix2 and sometimes 1 Minuet, and weak Fighter's/Chaos.
So what?

BRD: Honor March, Adventurer's Dirge, Minne, Etudes, Scherzo, Carols, Minuets other than the one used by Trusts (which is Minuet5? Idk)

Buff caps. I can sing Honor March sometimes and it doesn't even stick, I have a bunch of rolls and bunch of 1min songs and honor march never appears. This could simply be a lag issue and not a "buff cap" issue, but even still, it's a major issue.

From my understanding, the whole event is bugged. AFAIK it said you were supposed to get 10 points for completion, with an extra 0.2 mod for each party member, so a full party nets you 20, except they just give you 20 anyway so whoops. So they want to encourage people to group up based on that, so if we were going to get serious I'd want to invite people into my two open spots, and trusts wouldn't even be around. Trust WHM's are mostly okay, but tanks get you flail'd, buffers give too weak buffs for the content.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 02:18:19  
Well, popped again so went out to play with it. My RDM couldn't land anything. Stymie Frazzle III landed of course, but didn't land Distract ever, couldn't get Frazzle back up, or anything. It's not a max RDM though (missing regal gem, need better waist, and only 1100~ JP) but couldn't get that up. Will confirm once I got to 1630+ accuracy I started to hit it more often.

Vorseal proc
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-18 02:20:07  
AFAIK it said you were supposed to get 10 points for completion, with an extra 0.2 mod for each party member, so a full party nets you 20, except they just give you 20 anyway so whoops.
It's not party members that's just bad wording on SE's part in the chat log. It's for anyone at all fighting it. That's why we always get 20 points since at least 6 people are always there. They can be party or outside people.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 02:20:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »

So what?

Buff caps. I can sing Honor March sometimes and it doesn't even stick, I have a bunch of rolls and bunch of 1min songs and honor march never appears. This could simply be a lag issue and not a "buff cap" issue, but even still, it's a major issue.

From my understanding, the whole event is bugged. AFAIK it said you were supposed to get 10 points for completion, with an extra 0.2 mod for each party member, so a full party nets you 20, except they just give you 20 anyway so whoops. So they want to encourage people to group up based on that, so if we were going to get serious I'd want to invite people into my two open spots, and trusts wouldn't even be around. Trust WHM's are mostly okay, but tanks get you flail'd, buffers give too weak buffs for the content.

Maybe there is more a misspelling here.

The bonus is to participant in event and no party size.

I once went to a dragon with less than 6 total. Earned 17 points iirc
By Aerix 2020-02-18 02:21:59  
My RDM with R15 Murgleis, BiS MACC gear, Saboteur, Idris Focus/Languor and Tropical Crepe couldn't land Distract 3, Frazzle 3, Addle 2 nor Dispel after many, many attempts. Didn't even get any Immunobreak messages. The only time I managed to land Distract 3 or Frazzle 3 was with Stymie. Silence usually landed after 1-3 attempts.

So yeah, Dia 3 aside, Mireu is effectively immune to the most important RDM debuffs due to being Fire/Dark based.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 02:26:58  
Ya devs thought about a monster but didnt thought about a way to kill it.

Or maybe they just wanted to laugh with the bloodbath for a month before fixing content. This dragon plus matsui comment must be a joke. No other explanation to this.

Quote:
Vanquishing this monster will yield enough domain points to bring you to the daily cap, so if you’re lucky you maybe be done in no time at all.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-18 02:49:39  
Pantafernando said: »

Vorseal proc

/ja Bully <t>
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-18 03:01:56  
Uhm you got a point, I forgot about the buffs cap.
But the buffs cap is 12 for songs/rolls (combined)
The songs you get from trusts are on average 5 (more realistically around 4 I would say)
The max number of rolls you can get is 4 but, again, more realistically you'll see just 2 during most runs.
That leaves you with 4-6 slots for buffs you can cast at full potency from your mules.
I understand this is not ideal but then again it doesn't seem like such a big deal either?

One note to make sure you do not mix things up. It's not my intention to offend you in any way, probably you already know what I'm about to say, but saying it just in case.

There are 2 different buff caps:
1) Display cap
2) Combined song/rolls buffs cap

I just described number 2. You can have max 12 buffs of combined songs/rolls. Wether it's 6 rolls and 6 songs, or 11 songs and 1 roll, whatever, the combined sum of rolls/songs can't go above 12. If you cast a 13th, it will overwrite the oldest of your 12 rolls/songs buffs.
This is a thing, but trusts will never break this cap.
As I said before on average you get 2 rolls and 4 songs from trusts. Sometimes a bit more but it's usually at 6 total.

Number 1 instead is a VISUAL CAP.
That means the Game UI cannot display more than a certain number of buffs on screen. Which means you might get a buff but you won't see it on screen because you already have X buffs displayed.
I don't remember exactly how big this X number is.
This is an important difference. Even if you don't see the buff in your buff list on the user interface you are still getting its benefit.

Quote:
From my understanding, the whole event is bugged. AFAIK it said you were supposed to get 10 points for completion, with an extra 0.2 mod for each party member
No. I did your mistake myself, misread those patch notes lines 2 patches ago.
The participation bonus is not for party members but for participating members.
Which means you are ALWAYS going to get the full 2x bonus as long as there are AT LEAST 6 people participating in the event.

There is currently no bonus at all for doing this content in a party rather than solo.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-18 03:05:52  
Aerix said: »
Didn't even get any Immunobreak messages.
Not sure about Addle, but Frazzle and Distract cannot proc Immunobreak.
To compensate for that SE gave those 2 spell categories an innate Macc bonus so that it sticks more easily even without Immunobreaks.

Would be curious to see if things are different for your RDM if you get a GEO in your pt with Focus and/or Languor!

Granted I guess that, if SE aren't stupid, Mireu probably gets a 75% nerf to debuff Bubbles like most recent content.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26