users online
RIP Kobe
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2020-01-26 15:29:50  
RIP Kobe. Such sad news. One of the greatest to ever do it. Such an icon. #RIPMamba
[+]
 Phoenix.Sweden
サーバ: Phoenix
user: sweden
By Phoenix.Sweden 2020-01-26 15:52:02  
I've been a Laker's fan all my life. Kobe was an absolute legend. Rest in peace.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-01-26 16:00:38  
R.I.P. Kobe. The Kobe and Shaq years were my favorite to watch and watching him in person at Staples are some fond memories for me. Sad day.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-01-26 17:03:34  
His 13 year old daughter was with him too....super sad ***.
[+]
By Taint 2020-01-26 17:52:32  
Tragic news...RIP

Loved watching the black mamba!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-01-26 18:41:10  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-26 19:40:50  
One of the two players that made me go out of my way to play and get better at this sport that isn't played where I live. I genuinely thought I'd leave before him.

Pretty bad feel.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nikkije
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-01-26 21:25:39  
Tragic news, for sure. RIP Mamba..
By huttburt<3 2020-01-26 21:28:08  
149,000 other people died today around the world. Just saying.
[+]
 Asura.Airoh
サーバ: Asura
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2020-01-26 22:34:39  
huttburt<3 said: »
And I'm sure there are people mourning them. But Kobe was a hero and legend to a lot of people; arguably the world. You have to understand that.

Leave your snarkiness at the door please, this is tragic.
By Draylo 2020-01-27 01:35:29  
How can you survive a falling helicoptor

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-01-27 02:30:34  
I know that empathy usually is not a pleasant experience, particularly when it comes to sharing with those who mourn... but it is something that should be greatly valued.
I don't know who this person is other than a name i have heard before, but seeing him with his daughter in these absolutely loving moments they shared, makes them very human and relatable. This is absolutely a tragedy. And in regards to the other 149,000 that died today: the only reason that sense of mourning is lost, is because there was no connection between them like there was when seeing these bits of Kobe's life with his daughter... it really is heartbreaking. especially the loss of his 13 year old daughter with her whole life ahead of her...
 Phoenix.Bloodred
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Bloodred 2020-01-27 02:41:15  
Truely Sad,

I named my son Koby Bryant Alexander as he was born on 8/23/98, they share a bday.

He has been my idiol since the 1st time I seen him play at
Lower Marrion.

And to pass away so sudden the day before my birthday, is truely devastating.

Prayers to his wife and other children that they can make it thru this.
By Afania 2020-01-27 03:39:47  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I know that empathy usually is not a pleasant experience, particularly when it comes to sharing with those who mourn... but it is something that should be greatly valued.
I don't know who this person is other than a name i have heard before, but seeing him with his daughter in these absolutely loving moments they shared, makes them very human and relatable. This is absolutely a tragedy. And in regards to the other 149,000 that died today: the only reason that sense of mourning is lost, is because there was no connection between them like there was when seeing these bits of Kobe's life with his daughter... it really is heartbreaking. especially the loss of his 13 year old daughter with her whole life ahead of her...

Also kinda depends on whether you watch NBA in 2000.

For people that don't care about NBA they probably won't feel anything. For those who grew up watching NBA in 2000s the name Kobe meant something...

Other 149000 strangers don't have same level of emotional impact as Kobe to NBA fans.
[+]
By sumo 2020-01-27 08:02:30  
This is what hurts me the most, knowing that a family is devastated in an instant. 3 young girls will grow up with out a father, and another one wont grow up at all. It's so much more than losing an iconic sports figure.

[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
サーバ: Asura
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-01-27 08:17:14  
Afania said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »

Also kinda depends on whether you watch NBA in 2000.

For people that don't care about NBA they probably won't feel anything. For those who grew up watching NBA in 2000s the name Kobe meant something...

Other 149000 strangers don't have same level of emotional impact as Kobe to NBA fans.

I don't watch any sports at all, but seeing this broke my heart, especially due to the fact that his 13 year old daughter Gianna was with him when the helicopter went down. My heart would hurt the same seeing a stranger pass away as well.
[+]
By Butcherb0y 2020-01-27 09:18:26  
RIP to the people on that helicopter flight
By Butcherb0y 2020-01-27 09:22:26  
Asura.Airoh said: »
And I'm sure there are people mourning them. But Kobe was a hero and legend to a lot of people; arguably the world. You have to understand that.

Ok I've watched a lot of basketball games. Remember seeing Kobe in the Philippines and seeing his first match with the GOAT Michael Jordan.

But to call him a hero, yeah no. Let's not get political but his not a hero.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2020-01-27 09:48:18  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
RIP Kobe. Such sad news. One of the greatest to ever do it. Such an icon. #RIPMamba

So many good memories with friends watching him doing his thing on the court. The disbelief and excitement we shared when he would just pull out an impossible play.

Game 7 Western Conference Finals 99-00’ against the stacked bench of Blazers was one of those moments. The drive to the free throw line pull up lob to Shaq to seal the comeback.

That’s the thing about athletes when they pass, is the memories they give you as fan that you share with your fellow fans and friends.

R.I.P Kobe.
By Viciouss 2020-01-27 11:29:06  
My best friend of 20 years is a huge Lakers fan, a huge Kobe fan. I've had fun ribbing him when they lost and gave them props when they won, I was firmly in the Shaq camp which placed me against Kobe but it was all in good fun. I knew he was a legend, the 2nd best shooting guard ever with 5 rings and really not in much danger of being surpassed anytime soon.

It sucks that he died, I think Obama said it best in his tribute, he was on a mission to win over his detractors in what was shaping up to be a very meaningful 2nd chapter of his life. He showed up and spoke at Shaq's statue ceremony outside Staples, he was genuinely happy for Lebron James passing his scoring mark literally 2 days ago. He was a much happier, much more positive person than people gave him credit for.

He was getting his own statue outside Staples, I'm sure that timetable has been catapulted up, he was gonna go into the Hall of Fame with what could be the best class ever, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe. The Dallas Mavericks already said they will retire #24, I'm betting more teams will too. He was grooming his daughter Gianna to take his place in the sports world. The WNBA was waiting for her. And we lost her too.

RIP Kobe and GiGi
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-27 11:50:33  
@sumo, thank you for helping keep the focus on all the lives affected by yesterday in a much more personal way than on the hardwood. A lot of lives were destroyed in that crash, least of all that of a 13 year old who loved her dad and had everything in front of her.

He was a flawed man. He had is transgressions that shouldn't be forgotten. But he worked hard to move forward from those and become a better person, husband, father. I can't and won't say he was redeemed from Colorado those years ago, but I can feel confident in saying by the way he lived that he knew he had to constantly work on it, and grow. And that desire for personal growth and betterment I'll always respect.

When talking to those around us, let's not give him a pass on his whole life because of the way it ended- but instead, look at the full view of a man. And see that his journey was not much different than ours, and he embraced both his flaws and his greatness to grow into the best individual he was capable of.

The fact that Kobe was born 5 days after me, and his daughter Gigi was born 3 days before mine creates a frightening symbiotic parallel in my own life. I know that I called her yesterday at her mom's, let her know I loved her, and will cherish every instant I have with those around me that I love, and love me. Its what we build around us that is our legacy, not our accolades.
By fonewear 2020-01-27 11:56:48  

Yea but can they hit a pull up jumper ?
By fonewear 2020-01-27 11:57:50  
kireek said: »
9 people died in that crash, yet you would think only those 2 actually did.

"Orange Coast College head baseball coach John Altobelli was also on board the aircraft, the school said in a statement. The family later confirmed Altobelli's wife, Keri, and daughter, Alyssa, were also among those killed."

They aren't wealthy enough for me to mourn them.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-27 12:05:37  
Asura.Airoh said: »

I'm sorry playing basketball does not make you a hero.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-27 12:11:20  
kireek said: »
9 people died in that crash, yet you would think only those 2 actually did.

"Orange Coast College head baseball coach John Altobelli was also on board the aircraft, the school said in a statement. The family later confirmed Altobelli's wife, Keri, and daughter, Alyssa, were also among those killed."

Just shows you what type of society we live in. Rich famous get all the attention. Common man is forgotten.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2020-01-27 13:45:22  
A personal hero is just that, personal. If someone’s athleticism inspires you to be something greater, get one more rep in at the gym, go an extra 30 mins in practice, etc. Then that person is impacting your life in some way.

I hate with every fiber of my being seeing these threads where people can talk about an issue or current event and the black eyeliner and lipstick kid from the back of the class comes in with some random stats that devalues the purpose of the thread. I see it every time, even when there was a thread for an FFXI player who died a few years ago. It’s like there’s no line at all for this nonsense.
[+]
First Page 2