users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Digging » Chocobo Digging Help
Chocobo Digging Help
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-01-04 10:38:44  
Does anyone have any useful tips for a new digger?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-01-04 11:18:33  
If you already have a digging chocobo, really just get the blue racing silks. Other than that, dig wherever you want/most benefits you. It will take you a long while to get A10
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-01-04 14:10:15  
If you tossed your Chocobo Whistle, can you get another one?
 Odin.Eohuo
サーバ: Odin
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2020-01-04 15:05:42  
yes - can either talk to breeder dude while you have an active choco or trade your card to him to register and rebuy a whistle
[+]
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Evilddstroyer 2020-01-04 16:00:01  
Hehelhfhdhb
Shiva.Hiep said: »

Or maybe just maybe we dont talk about chocobo digging and let it fade away, so se wont take 1 whole month to do a patch update on it. Ty
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-01-04 16:12:41  
Not knocking it but is there anything useful about digging? I don't think I have ever heard/seen anyone get anything worthwhile from it.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-01-04 16:46:42  
Asura.Zidaner said: »
Not knocking it but is there anything useful about digging? I don't think I have ever heard/seen anyone get anything worthwhile from it.

Not really, just trying to find stuff to do :)
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-01-04 17:23:52  
Asura.Zidaner said: »

It's one of the only ways one can farm lizard molts still which is for crafting the aptitude mantle/+1. It's not worth the time/money otherwise but if you still play this game just to enjoy it like a game, then it's still plenty worthwhile. :)

Asura.Evilddstroyer said: »

Or maybe just maybe we dont talk about chocobo digging and let it fade away, so se wont take 1 whole month to do a patch update on it. Ty

Or maybe we should talk about it and they'll implement new items to be dug up that are all junk. Super doubtful that'll ever happen cause they're more focused in other areas but would be nice to see. Ha.

Shiva.Hiep said: »

Get as empty of an inventory as you can, stock your whole inventory up with greens minus 5-6 or so slots empty for junk. (If you wanted to use the treasury plugin in addition you could prob even do less empty slots.)
Head to any zone, I usually preferred Rolanberry Fields/Meriphataud Mountains/Sauromugue Champaign, and if you're skill is still fairly low you'll prob wait 30-45 mins for the zone area wait delay.
I usually set my ALT1 macro book as

/dig

Then, I would spam it like never before and just make my way around the zones. Once you have about 10 failed attempts at digging up any item, the zone is empty and move on. Don't test it, you'll just waste your time, trust me.

Eventually hitting that macro while you choco around will be second-nature and you won't even realize you're doing it.

I'm sure there is programs or a lua you can use if you wanna AFK it but I'm only assuming you're asking for a legitimate way of digging as I can not help you with the latter. :)

Good luck!!
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-01-07 21:37:24  
Odd question, but would Midras Helm +1 or Shaper's Shawl help lvling up digging?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By Pugofmidgard 2020-02-14 20:43:12  
Racing Silks (Obtained with Chocobucks) and Chocobo Digging Rope (Ordelle's Caves Casket) are the only equipment which can impact Digging activity skill. The Black Chocobo Costume influences digging, but it is not clear how. Mooboomagoo's results thread shows Costume based results.

Blue Racing Silks add to your Endurance, and as a result how many total items you can dig up in a day.

Sky Blue Racing Silks makes your skill-ups visible in the log.

The Digging Rope is also uncertain, not sure what it does precisely, but I always wear it.

I have made a similar but sorted data dump.

Item Pools in Zones do not run out of stock. Your Endurance, if using a Raised Chocobo, determines your daily successful dig item cap if Racing Silks are not used.