The Witcher on Netflix
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Cziella
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2019-12-23 15:03:28  
@Kireek
You really have some victim complex going on now, I haven't seen anyone "call you names" or "get mad", everyone is just discussing and giving their own opinion, it just happens to contradict yours, and that is that, once you turn off your PC, everything will be the same, and I doubt you'll have changed anyone's opinion, just like no one changed yours.

People have already talked different points of what's good or bad about the show, but you are still clinging to a single fight scene that is 2 minutes long, in an 8hr+ show, and even when people change topic, you go back to your struggle for attention. This thread is literally you and that other guy liking each other's posts lol
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 15:05:11  
Asura.Veikur said: »
Also, historical long swords are like, 2.5-3 lbs. You'd tire out after a while, but they're by no means "heavy". Modern assault rifles are over twice, up to thrice that weight. Hell, a loaded Glock is over half as heavy.

Hmm not quite.

As someone who has not only qualified on those weapons, but also taught Basic Rifle Marksmanship (BRM), they work very very differently. Rifles are aimed with both hands, with the butt close inside the should socket and if you want any sort of accuracy, held in the prone supported, prone unsupported or kneeling position. You are not swinging rifles in parries, trusts, feints, ripostes or countering and deflecting your opponents rifle. HEMA on the other hand works the forearms, shoulders, backs and leg muscles heavily. It's basically a fully body workout even for short duration sparing. There is a whole community devoted to that stuff if you want links.

And that's without taking all that jumping and twirling Hollywood likes to shove at us, which is completely *** as it expends far too much energy for no return. In fighting the goal is to kill your opponent, not play tag with a sword, but that's a different discussion.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-23 15:06:43  
Asura.Saevel said: »
I don't see what her musculature has to do with anything.

Sword fighting for any length of time is exhausting, like all athletic feats physical strength and stamina are key.
The fight in question was extremely quick with multiple pauses. She used smaller weapons than Geralt, because *gasp* she's physically weaker! Something they continuously establish thoughout the fight every time anything she does would require her to hard stop Geralts attacks.

Geralt pushing her towards a wall? She doesn't budge his advance at all. Because he's stronger than her.

Geralt does a big overhead strikes? Her block is ineffective and she get's a blade in her clavical/shoulder for the attempt. Because he's stronger than her.

Geralt starts rapidly advancing with long powerful swings? She's backing up because she can't do anything to stop him. because he's stronger than her.

Regardless, it doesn't require significant physical strength (or martial prowess) to cut someones throat with a sharp weapon. It requires even less to stab someone in the throat.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 15:07:29  
Shiva.Cziella said: »
You really have some victim complex going on now, I haven't seen anyone "call you names" or "get mad"

*Cough*

Shiva.Cziella said: »
This thread is literally you and that other guy liking each other's posts lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-23 15:11:00  
Good thing she literally only tries to actually block, as opposed to deflect, one time. And, again, get's severely punished for the attempt.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 15:14:57  
Regardless, it doesn't require significant physical strength (or martial prowess) to cut someones throat with a sharp weapon. It requires even less to stab someone in the throat.

It does if they see you coming, which is why I said the following.

Quote:
See by above comment about most fights being ambush's, doesn't matter how big, strong and skilled your opponent is if you hit them in the head with a brick before they know your there.

See the issue is the other person doesn't want you stabbing them or cutting their throat, this isn't a video game where you just press the Y button to execute an opponent. The other person will most certainly spend every ounce of strength they have preventing you from stabbing them, they will take creative and extreme measures to prevent the stabbing almost as if their life depended on it, because ya know it kinda does.

Now if you really wanted to support the show, you'd just agree that it was a bit much of a way to pump up a character but the rest of the show is fine, which it mostly is (for now). The writers really are SJW types though so we'll see how long things can remain entertaining without them writing up a Vice Admiral Gender Studies.
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2019-12-23 15:23:02  
kireek said: »

I'm only responding when people bring it up to me, if they stopped doing it I wouldn't have anything else to talk about

Got it, Done.
I'll be gone for the festivities, but in all seriousness If you need a friend to talk, send me a PM, I will reply.

Happy Holidays everyone!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 15:27:49  
On the good side, the writers have acknowledged that they are liberal SJW's but will try to keep it out of the story.

https://twitter.com/lhissrich/status/1011781088182558720?lang=en

So I'm all for giving them a benefit of a doubt, I'm a few episodes in and it's not bad, could use some polish though. Lets see how they handle thew hole "racist non-humans as tragic terrorists who mass murder humans" angle. Both books and games were careful not to pitch either as good or bad, and it made the reader see each side from that sides point of view.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-23 15:28:56  
See the issue is the other person doesn't want you stabbing them or cutting their throat, this isn't a video game where you just press the Y button to execute an opponent. The other person will most certainly spend every ounce of strength they have preventing you from stabbing them, they will take creative and extreme measures to prevent the stabbing almost as if their life depended on it, because ya know it kinda does.
So, you're saying they'd do exactly what Geralt does throughout the entire fight. Except that he's intentionally not trying to kill her for personal reasons. Until she makes it clear she's not going to stop trying to kill him, in which case he ends her swiftly.

Cause he's stronger, and just a better fighter in general when he's not pulling his metaphorical punches, than her.

Got it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 15:53:51  
So, you're saying they'd do exactly what Geralt does throughout the entire fight. Except that he's intentionally not trying to kill her for personal reasons. Until she makes it clear she's not going to stop trying to kill him, in which case he ends her swiftly.

Cause he's stronger, and just a better fighter in general when he's not pulling his metaphorical punches, than her.

Got it.

No they would kill her immediately, or disarm her immediately. There would not be a bunch of protracted scenes setting the female as a credible threat. This was them trying a Worf effect and doing it badly.

It was already established that Geralt could easily take out a dozen men all trying to kill him. Key word in bold. That means a single thin photogenic women is child play and he should of been able to defeat her at any time.

Btw this is what a real warrior women would look like.

Shiva.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-12-23 16:53:51  
I love how some get so offended when you dare offer an opinion they don't agree with, then they start with the name calling xD

So emotional!

It’s not that you have an “opinion” so much as how invested you are in this opinion and how often you extrapolate upon it.

If you post and say it’s this SWJ Pro-Feminist unrealistic affront to my sensibilities and people respond with I’m not really seeing that. All you got to really say is well that’s “your opinion”.

You already expressed your opinion so no need to keep rewording everytime someone posts and says yeah I’m not seeing that either.

It’s already out there. The thread reader and posters know. They’re not attacking. They have an opportunity to express their opinion too.

But when we keep going in these back and forth, upping the ante every post etc then we get into the realm of attacking.

Sometimes we’re better off saying things like “I don’t like it, I felt it was unrealistic”. Of course with regard to this show you’ll get the “It’s a high fantasy medieval story what degree of realism where you expecting”.

But here we all are with two people calling everyone who doesn’t agree SJWs and everyone else calling them incels with a victim complex (which is kinda of ironically redundant).

I need popcorn.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2019-12-23 19:26:45  
Getting buttblasted over nothing is pretty pathetic really

Says the guy who writes essays for every comment... lol

By Prong 2019-12-24 01:33:46  
Everyone here touting their eminent knowledge of "swordsmanship" please immediately post your personal videos of you taking on Inigo Montoya or kindly STFU.

Asura.Xalyia
user: Sogoro
By Asura.Xalyia 2019-12-24 01:41:44  
Well, I'm enjoying it so far. The striga was pretty creepy, so thats nice.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-24 12:45:52  
Prong said: »
Everyone here touting their eminent knowledge of "swordsmanship" please immediately post your personal videos of you taking on Inigo Montoya or kindly STFU.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-12-24 23:06:30  
Modern assault rifles
Modern what now? There's no such thing.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-24 23:11:36  
Asura.Vienner said: »
This far im halfway episode two and this far I like it.

Biggest reason for people to not watch it. If they did it right then this poster should be screaming for blood. We know something is bad when SJW's approve.
I wonder why I would be concidered a social justice warrior, Perspective here is different then where you live. Aside of the things on which we disagree there probably also are many things on which we do agree, of course its more fun to poke that stick in places where you think it might trigger a reaction

This is a thread about the witcher series, yet "some" decided to turn it into a leftwing feminism thread.

Somehow you triggered the anti-SJW crowd so you must be a SJW, the logic ITT.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-24 23:49:01  
Jetackuu said: »
Modern assault rifles
Considering how long "phases" for weapons last, swords had a ~5200 year run for example, common/popular assault rifles are fairly modern.

Could've worded it "more modern weapons, like assault rifles" I suppose.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-12-25 02:23:36  
This far im halfway episode two and this far I like it.

Biggest reason for people to not watch it. If they did it right then this poster should be screaming for blood. We know something is bad when SJW's approve.
I wonder why I would be concidered a social justice warrior, Perspective here is different then where you live. Aside of the things on which we disagree there probably also are many things on which we do agree, of course its more fun to poke that stick in places where you think it might trigger a reaction

This is a thread about the witcher series, yet "some" decided to turn it into a leftwing feminism thread.

Somehow you triggered the anti-SJW crowd so you must be a SJW, the logic ITT.
Love how you give your 2 cents on a 5 days old topic, on an almost dying thread. 2 options, you're getting old granddaddy or you must be a troll. Merry christmas btw sugarbuns.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2019-12-25 11:47:00  
Quote:
Now if you really wanted to support the show, you'd just agree that it was a bit much of a way to pump up a character but the rest of the show is fine

But we won't because it wasn't, at all. Happy Holidays.

EDIT: Also @ kireek, I didn't think 'anti-SJW' is a name calling thing but ok, but I am lumping you in with them because you and Saevel are doing the exact same thing those people do. The people who see feminist propaganda in every god damn thing that hurts their sensibilities are just as bad as the people who cry "patriarchy!" over every god damn thing. It's annoying and people are gonna call you out on it. Deal.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-25 11:50:59  
assault rifles

No such thing, doesn't exist. There is no firearm called an "Assault Rifle".

As for Witcher,

I'm deeper into it and it's not that bad. It's obvious that the writers were liberal SJW's with how they framed lots of stuff inside the shows but it's not so much that viewers can't just ignore and move on. The whole "but girls can't be witchers" line was hilarious for example.

So far, Yennifer is boring and super cliche. Ciri is kinda cool, I mean she's basically lost among a whole bunch of stuff happening at once with zero control over it. Geralt is awesome, love every minute this dudes on screen. Jaskier / Dandelion though has them all beat, except maybe Geralt himself. That dude is hilarious and really worms his way into the viewers hearts.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-25 12:13:26  
I mean, I used a weight range because I was talking about the general category.

Specifically AK-47 and M-16 average loaded weights, because of their popularity among the general populous.

But I'm sure being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse, because you have nothing else to contribute, gets your rocks off. So, have at it and enjoy your Christmas.
By ashcrow 2019-12-25 12:45:48  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-12-25 18:34:28  
Modern assault rifles
Considering how long "phases" for weapons last, swords had a ~5200 year run for example, common/popular assault rifles are fairly modern.

Could've worded it "more modern weapons, like assault rifles" I suppose.

You could've, you still would have referenced something that doesn't exist.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-25 18:35:05  
Love how you give your 2 cents on a 5 days old topic, on an almost dying thread. 2 options, you're getting old granddaddy or you must be a troll. Merry christmas btw sugarbuns.

I don't troll, just backreading nonsense, been busy.