Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-23 11:17:28  
kireek said: »
She stabbed and cut him twice and he was having to block multiple blows from what I remember.
Geralt is mortal and you don't need to be a martial savant to cut someone with a sword.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2019-12-23 11:45:37  
In Witcher, they took the smallest 150lb woman they could find and made her talk and act like she was the rock, Geralt is not only over 240lbs but is far stronger than a normal human because he is enhanced and is a witcher. Where they showed a few minutes later beating 8 men up in about 15 seconds with ZERO effort. He is shown to be practically superman yet a little in stature woman is magically able to fight and damage him for a long sword fight.

Oh honey, I'm guessing you missed the part where the mage said she was able to kill trained soldiers that were sent to kill her. Or the part where the mage said all the girls born under the eclipse were built differently. Or the part where she admits to killing an assassin that had the jump on her with nothing more than her pendant when she was a teen. Wipe those incel tears my friend and grow up, it is a fantasy show.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Cziella
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2019-12-23 11:57:04  
Do people really watch Shows/Movies wondering and worrying "which hole characters prefer"? oh my, have I been doing this wrong all my life lol

Anyway the show is fine, not the best thing this year, but worth the watch, it's short which is kinda good and bad at the same time.

I just started the game and so far there is a lot of running and side-quest sidetracking, I don't even know what the story is because this old lady needs her pan back. Those pesky game developers shoving their feminist propaganda on me, highly unrealistic for a 240lbs+ man to be bossed around by this old wench that is just waiting outside, trying to take down the patriarchy one errand at the time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2019-12-23 12:17:51  
That was not directed at you. at all. I know you are all about Renfri vs Geralt fight. If you read this thread where you've posted half of the replies, you'll find what I meant.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2019-12-23 13:41:03  
Quote:
I'm not triggered by it at all because I've already noped the show and no longer care what they do with it. It's just something interesting to talk about on the forum, some of you act like I'm questioning a religion or something and you have to run in to defend the honor of it.

The triggered thing was a joke, because I just find people like you and people like hyper SJWs are cut from the same cloth, reading into things and lashing out when people criticize your opinions publicly.

You are of course entitled to your opinions and perspective, and you can like or dislike the show for whatever reasons you want, it doesn't matter. Criticizing your characterization of a show IS part of discussion. None of us (edit: well ok, I haven't actually been reading everything since I last posted, so idk) are grandstanding any more than you are, we just disagree and will tell you so.

In any case, you posted the video of the full fight for people to decide for themselves, and that's really all there is to it. Kudos.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-23 14:11:17  
Mind showing a clip of her performing a feat of strength? I don't remember the episode in it's entirety, but I can't recall her performing any.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-23 14:24:03  
Shiva.Cziella said: »
That was not directed at you. at all. I know you are all about Renfri vs Geralt fight. If you read this thread where you've posted half of the replies, you'll find what I meant.

Shiva.Cziella said: »
Do people really watch Shows/Movies wondering and worrying "which hole characters prefer"? oh my, have I been doing this wrong all my life lol

The response was directed at me and my late response on the previous page to some comments made on the first page.

My comment was in regards to how it seems like netflix forces LGBQT+ people/relationships into almost all of its shows now. Often times when it doesn't effect the plot in any way, just them pushing the topic.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-23 14:31:41  
Asura.Veikur said: »
Mind showing a clip of her performing a feat of strength? I don't remember the episode in it's entirety, but I can't recall her performing any.

Check previous posts.
I meant Renfri. Unless she's lifting and throwing dudes around, I don't see what her musculature has to do with anything.

A young teen can kill a grown man with a sword.

And I mean actually lifting. There are multiple grapple based martial disciplines that allow smaller people to floor significantly larger opponents by using the opponents mass against them.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 14:31:52  
Well we could always dress her up and due her hair purple!

Or give the Mary Sue an obnoxious personality devoid of any likable traits.

Not like the Media Industrial Complex doesn't have a history of inserting political ideology into popular themes as a way of enacting Social Justice. Personally I'd wish they would just keep it up, especially in places like The Witcher which is a *very* grey universe without a clear set of right and wrong. It's what I loved the most about it, no "good guys dressed in blue" vs "bad guys dressed in red", just people, situations and a dude who's rather ambivalent to it all.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-12-23 14:35:44  
I just watched it again and honestly I think the way she talked and her facial expressions annoyed me than anything xD

So yeah, possibly.

Here is the fight, so people can make their own mind up anyway.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Kind of reminds me of the whole Arya vs Brienne sword fight in Game of Thrones. Brienne is known as one of the best fighters in Westeros, three times stronger and bigger than Arya, yet it ends in a “draw” against a girl that’s had minimal sword training, but you’re just supposed to suspend belief because “Arya’s badass and cool and an assassin omg #yasssQueen”

And I won’t even get started about when Arya became incredibly OP in the last season.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 14:43:49  
I don't see what her musculature has to do with anything.

Sword fighting for any length of time is exhausting, like all athletic feats physical strength and stamina are key.

"They are just running around a field kicking a ball, what does musculature have to do with that."

There are multiple grapple based martial disciplines that allow smaller people to floor significantly larger opponents by using the opponents mass against them.

And most of them are *** or rely on the opponent having absolutely no idea what they are doing. Every inertial redirect can easily be countered by simply dropping the center of gravity. Hollywood and TV spread lots of misinformation on what those martial arts actually do, which is just using your own body leverage to move your opponents center of gravity past their point of balance. Outside of taking someone by surprise, strength and stamina heavily influence the outcome of fights, which is why most "fights" aren't fights at all but ambush's instead. That gets into a separate discussion, and while I agree that Kireek is exaggerating a bit as they do give Geralt an "out" by making him pull his punch's was them trying to establish the women as a "strong female character" in the worst way possible, the Worf Effect.

By volkom 2019-12-23 14:44:36  
its fantasy show? You don't have to look physically powerful to be powerful. but also (renfri) emma appleton's part in the show is very short and she doesn't have any real topless/nude scenes unlike henry cavill (geralt) who does. So the physique part is more important.
but if we want to bash the flaws sit on the topic of suspension of disbelief what about a lot of action movies and tv series? john wick has to reload his gun every time he's out of ammo but sure can he get up and walk after getting hit by a car a few times let alone shot in the side and stabbed. or what about black widow in almost every single fight scene she's in? or what thor vs hela in thor ragnarok (chris hemsworth definitely has more muscles compared to cate blanchett) ~ or maybe we can also look at another episode in the witcher (ep.6) where yennefer is seen fighting against the reavers with sword & dagger and no one complains about her beating those guys
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 14:45:14  

Check previous posts.
I meant Renfri. Unless she's lifting and throwing dudes around, I don't see what her musculature has to do with anything.

And I mean actually lifting. There are multiple grapple based martial disciplines that allow smaller people to floor significantly larger opponents by using the opponents mass against them.

Fighting takes strength (including sword fighting, throwing a heavy metal sword around isn't easy), which is why very few toddlers are in the special forces.

He you agest! Toddler lives matter! Why you gotta insult those toddlers bro, they can do anything a grown person can do and better!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-23 14:55:08  

Check previous posts.

Fighting takes strength (including sword fighting, throwing a heavy metal sword around isn't easy), which is why very few toddlers are in the special forces.
It does, depending on what's happening, which is why every time she does a particular action against Geralt that would require her to be strong to pull off, he handily overpowers her.

Also, historical long swords are like, 2.5-3 lbs. You'd tire out after a while, but they're by no means "heavy". Modern assault rifles are over twice, up to thrice that weight. Hell, a loaded Glock is over half as heavy.

Still looking for an example of her being presented as strong.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 14:57:34  
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
I just watched it again and honestly I think the way she talked and her facial expressions annoyed me than anything xD

So yeah, possibly.

Here is the fight, so people can make their own mind up anyway.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Kind of reminds me of the whole Arya vs Brienne sword fight in Game of Thrones. Brienne is known as one of the best fighters in Westeros, three times stronger and bigger than Arya, yet it ends in a “draw” against a girl that’s had minimal sword training, but you’re just supposed to suspend belief because “Arya’s badass and cool and an assassin omg #yasssQueen”

And I won’t even get started about when Arya became incredibly OP in the last season.

Yeah Brienne would of whopped her *** badly, especially as Arya's skill set was stealth and assassination not dueling. See by above comment about most fights being ambush's, doesn't matter how big, strong and skilled your opponent is if you hit them in the head with a brick before they know your there.

Another thing of note, this very bad misconception of strength vs speed, they are the exact same thing. Acceleration takes energy, the more force projection a person has the more acceleration and thus speed they can achieve. Furthermore the Force (energy of impact) = Mass (body size) * Acceleration (Strength / Speed), a person who's bigger and stronger hits a helluva lot harder and faster then someone smaller and weaker.

I loved Brienne btw, one of the best characters in the whole series.

But hey I get it, it's easier to sell Waif-Fu..

[+]