Is Anyone Mercing Lilith?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Is anyone mercing Lilith?
Is anyone mercing Lilith?
First Page 2
By Fauve 2019-12-01 15:59:27  
Need the Malignance armor set
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-01 17:22:50  
Not on Asura, but I'd doubt you'd find a group doing VD that can have you just be dead weight along for the ride. Maybe a group doing D. But more likely than anything you're going to need to bring some support job that fits their needs and work for it.

....or you could just spam VE with /THF and TH+2 gear 40-80 times (maybe more based on some testimonies) and get your gear for time not gil. And honestly, droprates are good enough with TH on VE to justify just burning it down 7 times a night in less than an hour (minus wait times lol).
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-01 18:29:45  
Well the wait times are the issue, but I'd say just spam E yourself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Fauve 2019-12-01 18:41:15  
One of my problems is I'm not strong enough to clear E on my own and have like a 95% win rate on VE
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-01 18:41:51  
droprates aren't enough better on D or VD to bother unless you kill adds, and doing adds with a leech isn't particularly easy

no matter how you split it, it's a colossal amount of time/resources, may as well just solo
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-01 18:52:38  
The drop rates are not "good enough", we are just spamming hundreds of them for it by ourselves. Even on higher difficulties, the drops are pretty bad. I have done VD with 1 buyer (was after Daybreak), and I can say that it was very challenging, yet pretty fun imo. We did about 5 runs this way (first was VD, dropped to D for other 4) dragging along a non-helpful RDM (who stayed dead the entire runs). The squeeze is not worth the juice, so to speak. So you are better off grouping up with people for drops on Easy or something. Selling Malignance (and Sacro body from Alex) are a nightmare for the mercs.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Prong 2019-12-01 20:00:00  
Out of absolute curiosity, if you don't have one job strong enough to solo this on E, how have you earned enough gil to pay mercs to win things for you? It's just, there is a certain armor progression in this game and if you've played long enough to make enough gil to pay others, then I can't even imagine you having not accomplished enough to have the proper gear at this point to win this solo on E.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-01 20:10:01  
There is nothing easier in this game than getting gil. And it's never been easier than right now to get gil. It's easy^easy
By Fauve 2019-12-01 20:20:57  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The drop rates are not "good enough", we are just spamming hundreds of them for it by ourselves. Even on higher difficulties, the drops are pretty bad. I have done VD with 1 buyer (was after Daybreak), and I can say that it was very challenging, yet pretty fun imo. We did about 5 runs this way (first was VD, dropped to D for other 4) dragging along a non-helpful RDM (who stayed dead the entire runs). The squeeze is not worth the juice, so to speak. So you are better off grouping up with people for drops on Easy or something. Selling Malignance (and Sacro body from Alex) are a nightmare for the mercs.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
droprates aren't enough better on D or VD to bother unless you kill adds, and doing adds with a leech isn't particularly easy

no matter how you split it, it's a colossal amount of time/resources, may as well just solo

Oh okay, this gives me more context as to why I never see anyone shouting to merc this fight.

I've just found a way to more consistently clear E - by taking a stack of panaceas to the fight. I'll probably just try to grind this out then now that I can clear it.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-01 20:36:41  
Prong said: »
Out of absolute curiosity, if you don't have one job strong enough to solo this on E, how have you earned enough gil to pay mercs to win things for you? It's just, there is a certain armor progression in this game and if you've played long enough to make enough gil to pay others, then I can't even imagine you having not accomplished enough to have the proper gear at this point to win this solo on E.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There is nothing easier in this game than getting gil. And it's never been easier than right now to get gil. It's easy^easy

And, my friends, therein lies the reason for the merc'ing environment.

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2019-12-02 09:33:17  
When someone yells they want to buy a specific piece of the 5 Malignance Armor:

PSA: Almost no one is going to run you through for a specific singular piece of the 5 main pieces of armor. Stop asking. It would potentially take 100+ runs to get you that very specific piece. Requests of multiple drops (this, this, this, or this) are more likely to attract someone's attention.

And a Separate PSA: You guys should start throwing up seek comments if you're down to needing 1 or 2 pieces so someone else who needs a different 1 or 2 pieces can team up. The lines could be consolidated a lot with how many people are trying to solo it for their last piece or two.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-02 09:49:06  
Torzak said: »
And a Separate PSA: You guys should start throwing up seek comments if you're down to needing 1 or 2 pieces so someone else who needs a different 1 or 2 pieces can team up. The lines could be consolidated a lot with how many people are trying to solo it for their last piece or two.

This a lot. I got to acquiring all the Daybreaks I needed, and 3 copies of legs (only needed 2...) and two bodies (again, only need 2), so I stopped farming it since I didn't want to "waste" drops, so I only really run it when someone who needs the drops I already have bugs me for it. Which still isn't often, but yeah. If I was up for the fight, I'd be motivated enough to do it if I had someone needing the drops I already had.
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-12-02 10:14:12  
DirectX said: »
Try talking in say in Selbina. No doubt you will find many people who are 3/5 or 4/5 that are just trying to get the last pieces and would happily let you have the ones they already have or will sell you them.

This.
PM me in game if you still need some pieces, I'll be glad to take you along on E runs.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-02 10:42:42  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Not on Asura, but I'd doubt you'd find a group doing VD that can have you just be dead weight along for the ride. Maybe a group doing D. But more likely than anything you're going to need to bring some support job that fits their needs and work for it.

....or you could just spam VE with /THF and TH+2 gear 40-80 times (maybe more based on some testimonies) and get your gear for time not gil. And honestly, droprates are good enough with TH on VE to justify just burning it down 7 times a night in less than an hour (minus wait times lol).
As someone who is 0/400 for any armor on E with TH4 and VE with TH8+ despite only having one piece, I can say that drop rates are not "good enough" for many people, especially when you often have 20+ minute wait times per run.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-02 11:43:05  
10 mil for malignance is slave pay. If they sold this set on auction house it would easily be 50m/piece. Idk how people have fixed their mouths to offer 10 for such a piss poor rate, especially the ones who can’t even clear it themselves.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-02 11:48:27  
You guys are ridiculous.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-02 12:02:53  
Jdove said: »
why people were paying that much for odin stuff

I didn't say you STARTED being ridiculous.

Never not been ridiculous, just more and more ridiculous.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-12-02 14:52:03  
100M is silly but offering 10M is laughable. It is possible to carry a leech with 5 on VD, but if someone only needs 1 malignance (they are 4/5 for example) then you can bet you'll be farming a while just to get that 1 exact drop.

I've contemplated offering malignance for 30M but decided to call it off since it isn't worth the time.

EDIT: this is with zero adds killed
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-12-02 15:06:26  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

As someone who is 0/400 for any armor on E with TH4 and VE with TH8+ despite only having one piece, I can say that drop rates are not "good enough" for many people, especially when you often have 20+ minute wait times per run.

Yikes. I think I did about 25 runs on VE and 15 on E and have gotten 2 pieces of armor plus earring and the staff. Split being 1 piece of armor and earring on E and 1 piece of armor and staff on VE. This is with at least TH8 every time though (often 9 or 10). I thought I had bad luck. On the thf forum people were saying 200 or so runs to get everything going solo on VE, although someone claimed 400. Drop rates are bad, but with TH, and give how easy it is to spam, it's not horrible.

This is one spot where the Asura folks probably are wishing for a smaller server population. My wait times were at worst 1 min. 70% of my runs were no wait at all. Yes, I complained the first time I had to wait. What are these queues that you speak of? lol Havent seen them since ambuscade first launched.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-02 15:13:15  
doing D/VD without killing adds is a complete waste. The whole point of doing those higher difficulties is to kill the spitewardens and open up other drop slots. Its not a guarantee, but it sure as hell is a LOT better odds than still doing that difficult of a Lilith fight without killing them. And with a competent COR, it doesn't require some crazy mixed setup.

I do admit I had good odds. I got 3 of my drops (body,hands,daybreak) on D/VD runs where we killed the adds, and 4 drops (head,legs,feet,sword) on VE solo runs on THF with TH9+, doing about a total of 25 D/VD runs and around 60 VE runs. I never bothered with E because the fight goes from mindless whacking away to actually having to pay attention for not much improvement, if any. But I do know that some people weren't nearly as lucky, doing well over 200 VE/E runs for similar results.

All I can say is that if people are complaining about doing the actual fight 200 times for that quality of gear when it requires zero skill whatsoever on VE, shut it. The comparison of quality of reward to effort put out isn't even fair. Now, if you're complaining of the droprates on D/VD and not killing spitewardens...all I can say is you're doing it wrong and I have zero sympathy for you. Enjoy the fight the way its designed because it actually is enjoyable to do a few times with friends on those levels.

Or, if you're complaining about having to do 200+ VE fights and complaining about the WAIT TIMES, then you might have something hehe. That's a lot of wasted time staring at the lonely walls of Selbina that could be better spent staring at the pretty boats in Mhaura right?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-12-02 15:23:59  
I went ~50% on anything dropping on VD with TH4. I'm pretty much content with that since I do have multiple malignance armor across multiple chars to show for it.

Saying it is a complete waste is complete hyperbole.
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-02 15:38:49  
3 minute fight for one possible drop.
15+ minute fight for four possible drops.

what's the server's wait time? asura?! *** just kill everything. Ragnarok? screw the mechanics of the fight. ZERG!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-02 15:39:39  
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
I went ~50% on anything dropping on VD with TH4. I'm pretty much content with that since I do have multiple malignance armor across multiple chars to show for it.

Saying it is a complete waste is complete hyperbole.

Most of that post by me was framed in the eyes of "effort to reward". If you're already doing D/VD and not killing the spitewardens and then switch to killing them, the difference in drops is palpable, and there are quite manageable ways to kill them without making the fight that much harder.

You're going to see better droprates than VE/E of course. But there's a tier even above just killing D/VD, and its by killing the adds.
By Korgull 2019-12-02 18:25:44  
0/100+ on E dualboxing sch and thf with th9-10 every run, 3/5 so far, head,hands and feet.
I'm willing to pay 50m to whoever gets me a body, i'm exhausted of it and with every piece i get the chance gets lower.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-02 18:38:59  
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
100M is silly

How? By comparison, kendatsuba +1 set is over 100m and only 3 jobs can use it.
First Page 2