Emergency Maintenance!!!!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Emergency maintenance!!!!
Emergency maintenance!!!!
By kalyoth 2019-11-20 14:53:04  
Soooo if this is the second issue involving potential duping & specific ??? driven events/npc's - and Einherjar was the start, perhaps every single special interaction point should each be suspended & checked for similar abuses. I'd focus on everything end game current such as the other npc armor upgrade vendors in port jeuno & reisen myself. Maybe the Trial of Magians as well because of the delivery box. I'm not as knowledgeble as I'm still reorienting after a decade away.

But - its best to get them all done now voluntarily before we face the other inevitable result - pissed off banned people ruining it for everyone else left....
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 14:57:58  
Every single npc in the entire game has potential to be exploited via packets...
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2019-11-20 15:00:27  
The funny thing is this stuff mostly aff3ects the people who piled onto Asura. Far as I can tell no medal duping occured on shiva (Note that asura had many stacks of medals sell after the duping began. Shiva has only had a couple of stacks sell in the entirety of their existence, and none were recent)

If you don't want this sort of thing contaminating your experience, you might want to consider a server transfer :-p
(We'll welcome ya with open arms here in the quiet little corner of Vana'diel that is Shiva!)
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2019-11-20 15:01:57  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Every single npc in the entire game has potential to be exploited via packets...

Yeah, the only long term solution here is a netcode fix, who knows if they can even do that though. If packets aren't encrypted, they should be (but that might affect network performance significantly...)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 15:02:34  
Asuran dupers were bringing them to every server, that's what got them caught.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-20 15:38:31  
Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
If packets aren't encrypted, they should be

DirectX said: »
I don't think this is possible for ffxi. You sent a packet to receive a result.

despite all the tools at your disposal making ***look super easy, they actually are encrypted using blowfish, windower and ashita just hook prior to encryption on outgoing and after decryption on incoming so you get clean data to play with
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2019-11-20 15:41:46  
i get a day off and log in thinking im gonna do some aello for hmp no rift so i run away and come back no rift zone come back no *** rift you dupers are ***
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-20 16:02:45  
So why do they bother to encrypt if you can get inb4 and after?

It's an attempt at security, like everything else. Same reason games have CD keys when even denuvo's been cracked.
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-11-20 16:35:42  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
If packets aren't encrypted, they should be

I don't think this is possible for ffxi. You sent a packet to receive a result.

despite all the tools at your disposal making ***look super easy, they actually are encrypted using blowfish, windower and ashita just hook prior to encryption on outgoing and after decryption on incoming so you get clean data to play with
So why do they bother to encrypt if you can get inb4 and after?

encryption is to protect against a man in the middle, so only you and SE's server can read the contents, and you can't be impersonated.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-11-20 16:36:28  
All locks can be broken. They are just a deterrents
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 16:37:26  
Locks are only to keep honest people out.

If there was nothing, everyone could just download cheat engine and *** the whole thing up like a facebook game.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-11-20 20:15:49  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Locks are only to keep honest people out.

If there was nothing, everyone could just download cheat engine and *** the whole thing up like a facebook game.

speaking of which, accept my damn Farmville requests everyone!
[+]