users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Dynamis-D Jeuno (Cerb) Looking For Members
Dynamis-D Jeuno (Cerb) Looking For Members
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-01 18:53:03  
Hi guys, looking for players to join my LS group for Dynamis-D Jeuno on Saturday 11pm GMT (7pm ET). The minimum we are looking for is a mid-boss clear along with some farming.

A tank would ensure we can do the run, as we tried setting it up today but could not find anyone. We're open to other jobs joining us. Thank you to anyone who can assist us.
 Asura.Ramsy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-11-01 21:34:44  
Good luck!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-02 13:37:21  
Bumping this in case anyone's interested in it tonight.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-02 20:28:26  
We ended up beating it with a trust tank. Tough, but doable.
 Cerberus.Braams
user: Khronos
By Cerberus.Braams 2019-11-03 09:57:21  
Just going to throw a quick bump:

Perhaps you are an EU-based player or perhaps someone who plays midday in US-based time zones.

Is Cerberus a small(er) server? Yes, but at this point and stage in FFXI, most of the servers are. Cerberus has a tightnit helpful community with some really nice people (and your oddballs like anywhere else), and Kylos is one of the most reasonable LS leaders I've had the pleasure of playong with.

Sidenote: Tanks are definitely in short supply last I remember.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-03 12:41:14  
Thanks Braams :) We surely miss your loyalty and skills. The LS keeps trucking on and beating stuff, and we're always open to taking on new peeps.

I had to level rune fencer just because of a lack of tanks in general. Rune does not need Epeo to tank most things in this game, so you can get away with an Aettir most the time. If someone can provide this, they will always have a place with our LS.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-11-03 14:06:12  
I’ve been in the same situation of struggling with finding tanks and bards. It your lacking tanks would it be possible for anyone in your LS currently to play Pld or Rune even just for a few events? Or even multiple people and alternate jobs? I understand they would be missing clears, but rotating jobs would help that a lot. If that’s not an option especially being on a smaller server maybe making an alt just to play tank would help out as well.

Lastly would events twice a week be a thing? I see you guys normally only do 1 event a week, but maybe doing two (even though your LS lead you don’t need to be there) would help attract other members?
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-03 14:11:51  
DirectX said: »
If you're just killing the midboss you can probably do it on even WAR or DRK with a DT set as a tank, any healer, and 1 COR for damage. I wouldn't be suprised if even a BLU in DT gear with a healer could hold it sufficiently. NIN definitely can do it too.
Just to confirm a decent DD with DT set should not have much of a problem tanking midboss
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-03 14:32:08  
Making some good points Ramsy, but because we are a small group we're already stretched in terms of jobs per player. We have a few tanks, but because of the nature of Dynamis-D (60 hour wait is incredibly naive of SE) it's not always possible to have two players with a tank job.

There's also the fact half of my group already have other linkshells running Dyna-D at times which make it impossible for them to join mine. Sadly, the other linkshells times either suit me only (and not my dad at all), or they run way too late.

Last month, me (SCH), my dad (BLM), and one of the pearlsacks (they duo boxed pld and whm) did Windurst mid boss with only three of us because we had the bases covered. Yesterday, I forgot that we can summon trusts, and luckily our WHM could handle taking care of AAEV. We had a blu as well, but I don't think they were prepared to do anything more than stun.

As for doing more than one event a week, I have wanted this for at least two years. However, the issue is that I cannot reliably say I can set up an event on any other day every week. I am an admin of a website, so I use the other days in the week to work, and while I could be free one Thursday, it doesn't mean I'll be free the next. Also, some of our LS members do events with other LS or are simply unavailable, which makes setting up a second event extremely tricky. I also cannot promise weekends because I have my daughter visiting every fortnight, so it would be wrong of me to do that. I could always do it after she goes to sleep, but generally I like to rest instead so I am not tired the next day.

However! I do regularly try to set up optional events. We do Ambuscade and Dynamis-D at least once a month, and I try to get as many of our members involved; and I ask my dad's social LS too if we're short of people. The sad thing is I cannot commit with an exact day per week. Literally, the only way this could happen is if a LS member took it upon themselves to set up and LEAD these runs every week.

It would be great for me, because even if I can't show up I would know the LS is capable of 2 events a week. But... no one will do that. I have asked, and asked, and asked, but if I don't lead things nothing happens. This is just the way it is for us, and the lack of players on the server sometimes means we can set something up... waste 1-2 hours yelling, and then not have the people to do it. So it's painful, but I guess that's what we have to deal with.

PS: We'd like to bring a tank so we can actually farm as well, instead of only doing the midboss and having to exit afterwards.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-03 18:15:19  
Asura.Bippin said: »
If you're just killing the midboss you can probably do it on even WAR or DRK with a DT set as a tank, any healer, and 1 COR for damage. I wouldn't be suprised if even a BLU in DT gear with a healer could hold it sufficiently. NIN definitely can do it too.
Just to confirm a decent DD with DT set should not have much of a problem tanking midboss
Also need to be able to keep hate off the COR though. DRK and BLU have loads of tools for that but SAM or DRG maybe not.

Leaden doesnt generate a lot of enmity. Any job could easily hold against a cor.
By SimonSes 2019-11-09 06:18:05  
You dont need a tank player at all for dynamis wave1 and midboss. Trust can easily tank that. You only need fast aoe sleep for wave 1 trash and someone in DT set for initial statue pull.
By Wotasu 2019-11-09 06:48:08  
We did wave1-2 with brd puller and wave2 boss with Drk & Sam tank, Sam puller for 2 fetters the other day before timeout. 12ppl in total.
[+]
By apollocry 2019-11-09 06:59:56  
Hey Kylos,

Jinxey who I think is already in lagunas has been having trouble making it to pubcrawls Sunday afternoon (3pm est) Dynamis due to work and was speaking to me about wanting to do pld just a couple days ago. You would probably need to help gear him up, but that's pretty easy to do for a pld.

No idea if that is a possibility or if he could make the time work, but it might not be a bad idea to reach out to him.

Good luck in your search!
[+]
 Asura.Houndsoflove
user: Ephexis
By Asura.Houndsoflove 2019-11-09 09:01:26  
Wotasu said: »
We did wave1-2 with brd puller and wave2 boss with Drk & Sam tank, Sam puller for 2 fetters the other day before timeout. 12ppl in total.

And was probably one of our best low mans that I've set up, at that. Quality over quantity.