users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Long startup times
Long startup times
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-10-26 12:27:41  
Anyone noticed lately that Windower takes several minutes to startup? Like, 3-4 minutes to get to the Profile menu, then 1-2 minutes to get switched over to POL.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-26 12:42:41  
sometimes it happens here then gets back to normal.

should be something fromt he computer
 Bahamut.Empyrean
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-10-26 13:42:46  
Could be network connection speeds, or it could be some hardware failure.

Kind of hard to diagnose without knowing your PC/Network specs, age of PC age of network in your area, satellite interference if you use dish for internet, etc.

I would start with basics,

run virus/malware scans,
check to see if windows is downloading/forcing updates,
run disk check/scan,
stress test PC,
speedtest.net for internet,
have ISP do a packet loss check on your router,
check graphics driver updates,
check to see if you have the game allowed through firewall as it might be scanning every time you load,
run a registry cleaner/clear temp directory, you might have corrupted files in registry that it is trying to load, clearing that will give you another slower start but might clean everything after.
Run maintenance task,
Disk defrag,
Clean boot,
download/run Ccleaner (2 C, the original name was "crap cleaner")

Those are all off the top of my head, I would try those and see what happens. Maybe even try all of them for overall PC health.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-26 16:12:13  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Anyone noticed lately that Windower takes several minutes to startup? Like, 3-4 minutes to get to the Profile menu, then 1-2 minutes to get switched over to POL.

Win7? Look at the multiple posts/issues with that particular thing.
 Asura.Nebohh
サーバ: Asura
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-10-26 16:13:25  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Mine is working as should and usually takes a second or so before the character list. It’s more than likely local to your machine. Otherwise you would’ve seen more replies with similar issues.