言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » October 2019 Version Update
October 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
By Draylo 2019-10-11 21:25:42  
I've made a lot off SP gob keys, and have gotten 3 pulse weapons in a week. It's luck based but it avgs out to be decent in my opinion. I can't say if its worth it over the powders though, as they changed that to be faster.

I've gotten tons of shards and void items as well. I find it fun to see what random crap I'll get though, so much furniture I didn't even know existed lol.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-12 01:46:10  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oof! that's math. unitynpc is sufficient for now, appreciate it though!
It would take a long time to add 9039 lines to the code.
(more like..... 100 but still)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-12 02:26:32  
Ended up just running with this, one command covers sparks and accos, done in almost 2 minutes, probably tweek a few seconds off but I haven't been motivated to maximize (yes you can drop the /\/\ I'm just used to it)
Code
input /\/\sparks buyall acheron shield

wait 60

input /\/\sellnpc acheron shield

wait 15

buypowder 3333

wait 5

input /\/\sellnpc prize powder

wait 15

buypowder 3333

wait 5

wait 15

buypowder 3333

wait 5

[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-10-12 09:41:58  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
99999 = 1m or 6 keys

6 keys could be worth.... 250m... or 2k Big Random chance

it's also about time/efficiency. Using keys takes extra minutes. many minutes. Also, you don't have to sell prize powders to players. Sure you can GET an epi ring, but now you have to SELL it to someone.
you guys are using multiple accounts and getting gil. you're worried about efficiency and time? Just buy gil then. You basically are when you have multiple accounts employed in the process anyway.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-10-12 10:03:52  
If you're talking to Eiryl I think you've missed the point of what he's doing here...
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-12 12:28:43  
why not separate the powder purchase into two interactions instead?
5049 --51 stacks
4950 --50 stacks
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-12 12:48:44  
Chimerawizard said: »
why not separate the powder purchase into two interactions instead?
5049 --51 stacks
4950 --50 stacks

Inventory space. It's worth giving up the few seconds for 3 buys instead of 2 to not have to shift stuff around.

I'm usually right around 30/80 ish with avatarites geodes etc
[+]
By jopa 2019-10-12 20:45:22  
DRG and PUPdate in 1 patch? I'm tempted to come back.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-10-13 00:34:34  
Did they... did they just fix Monk?

And hot damn, looks like Camlann's back.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-13 02:19:38  
Still takes too long to build tp to compete with 2h jobs of the same gear level, maybe next time. At least they still have their niche uses.
[+]
By oyama 2019-10-13 14:58:00  
I don't know, I haven't really played with it but from everything I'm reading, it definitely competes now. I've at least played with one monk with proper buffs and time to tp was not an issue. It doesn't have to trounce the other heavy DDs to compete, and it has enough white damage that a little extra time to tp is really not that big of a deal. Mnk is not Sam, its white damage is actually relevant.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-10-13 15:26:35  
Right, and Subtle Blow actually matters in a lot of cases. I don't remember the numbers but I'm pretty sure MNK can get very close to TP-less hits.

DPS-wise you're not gonna beat WAR or DRK but there's utility there for Wave 3, for example.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-13 15:30:07  
Personally i like a new strat that MNK and RDM provides; melee (heavy DD), SMN burns, PauP burns, ranged (COR and RNG), burst (BLM and SCH) and now the no-to-given (subtle blow and enspell).

Im already putting som JPs on those 2 jobs. Just hope none find some big use to Glanz when im still working on mythic guns...
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-13 16:02:14  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Right, and Subtle Blow actually matters in a lot of cases. I don't remember the numbers but I'm pretty sure MNK can get very close to TP-less hits.

DPS-wise you're not gonna beat WAR or DRK but there's utility there for Wave 3, for example.

Lol yes they will. Especially now.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-13 16:07:11  
Even of MNK and DRG are theoretically behind (the jury is still out how exactly they compare), the gap is small enough now that a very well geared and skilled MNK or DRG is going to do better damage than WAR/DRK/SAM that have less effort put into their gearing and playing.

It's not like before where a peak MNK could barely keep up with a thrown-together and half-assed WAR.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-13 16:15:48  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

When you have 8 DDs beating on a single target, is subtle blow really a factor?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-13 16:22:18  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

When you have 8 DDs beating on a single target, is subtle blow really a factor?
Alliance content is the minority these days.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-13 16:41:31  
2 years and a giant buff later, and the plebs still don't recognize the applications of subtle blow. Damage does not ****ing matter in FFXI, there is NOTHING with a hard-to-beat damage check. Even full clearing all 3 waves of dynamis is not particularly high DPS, it's more about using AOEs effectively and staying engaged and alive.

Keep on jerking off to your parses, nubbers. You were wrong when MNK was 15-25% behind, but at least you had an argument. That argument is gone, and any delusions that WAR or DRK have remaining relevance past personal enjoyment are ridiculous. Git gud.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-10-13 16:46:07  
But who cares about TP moves when i can just have a bot whm or two to recover from everything and if it goes south just say the fights too hard and the games cheating, so i can just throw more dmg at thing and subtle blow is crap
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-13 16:58:53  
Excuse me. I play my own WHM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-13 17:18:18  
Did they... did they just fix Monk?

And hot damn, looks like Camlann's back.

It works on Multihits.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-13 19:14:29  
Wait so I don't need to hit 60k WS every 1k tp like everyone says they do to be good? I thought this game was about big numbers. BIG NUMBERS = good DD.

But seriously, has anyone ever tried monk solo DD on a mob like Albumen to show how little to moves are used? I think that could be an awesome fight with Subtle Blow.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-13 19:15:29  
i did albumen with the old zerg strat using mnks a year or so ago, tp moves were significantly reduced, but i'd think lowman strats based on mnk are probably less practical than a piercing DPS since you're limited on sleep duration
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-13 19:18:16  
I would imagine a 6-8 man group who can sleep/breakga adds for at least 10mins would be perfectly fine now, especially since monk can output more damage than it previously could.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-13 19:21:47  
I am honestly waiting and trying to do Unafraid of the Dark again so I can see how good monk kills the Quadav with Subtle Blow since he is fairly annoying. Normally it's just smack it, but wanna see monk at work tbh. Just gotta wait for people to do it lol.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-13 23:29:42  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
2 years and a giant buff later, and the plebs still don't recognize the applications of subtle blow. Damage does not ****ing matter in FFXI, there is NOTHING with a hard-to-beat damage check. Even full clearing all 3 waves of dynamis is not particularly high DPS, it's more about using AOEs effectively and staying engaged and alive.

Keep on jerking off to your parses, nubbers. You were wrong when MNK was 15-25% behind, but at least you had an argument. That argument is gone, and any delusions that WAR or DRK have remaining relevance past personal enjoyment are ridiculous. Git gud.

This is the kind of ***I'd expect to see in someones signature on BG. Thanks for the lulz.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-13 23:37:16  
o.o the salt
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-14 09:16:42  
I can phrase it more eloquently if you prefer, I was just having fun.

There is no content in the game that has a damage output requirement in excess of 40% of the maximum damage players can deal in a reasonable party setup. As a result, for a player who's aim is to complete content with little emphasis on time, MNK has always been the most effective job to use. There used to be a counterargument, as WAR and DRK could complete the same content significantly faster, but the recent patch has made any difference in speed extremely minimal to the point of irrelevance.

Combined with MNK receiving an even larger safety net in the form of 450 hp, there is no longer any reason to use DRK or WAR over MNK at the current state of the game. MNK has higher magic evasion, a better hybrid DT set, much more HP, and passively gives the mob significantly less TP, all while dealing almost identical damage. This is a poor decision on SE's part, as MNK was already a perfectly strong choice against monsters with little to no regain(see: early odin and lilith kills). However, it happened and now the only valid reason to play WAR or DRK is a higher personal enjoyment of those jobs.

While I specifically mentioned DRK and WAR, the same applies to many other DPS jobs as well. However, they often have other value, such as:
-DRG can angon and jump, making them a valuable source of damage on prolonged fights.
-NIN's utsusemi:san and migawari are obscenely powerful damage mitigation tools in fights where they are suited to the tp used.
-BLU can help cap haste in the absence of proper buffs, and also has excellent defensives.
-RUN as a DPS can evade one or more negative status effects consistantly, in a fight where they are a problem.
-SAM can deal extremely high damage relative to their TP fed by self SCing.

WAR and DRK have no such value, so they should have a higher damage benefit over the other jobs. They still will not be practical for a group who isn't obsessed with clear times, but as is they are completely irrelevant.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-14 09:32:42  
DRK has far more HP than Monk against any mob that doesn't have capped dark resistance (or is undead). It can also pseudo-dispel with Absorb-Attri (which isn't amazing, but has saved my group on Fii Pexu before), and Dread Spikes is basically a 3000-6000 HP buffer for non-TP damage that can be kept up basically full time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-14 09:39:54  
Still have to keep drain III up, need m.eva- to land it on higher targets, and likely does less damage than MNK when wearing comparable amounts of DT due to how good malignance is. No subtle blow. I'll admit that I overlooked drain 3 and that makes DRK a pretty decent choice in an alliance setting, but I'm still not totally convinced it's better than MNK.

I'd call dread spikes about even with counters/perfect counter in a group setting(the mob still gets TP, you can still die if it's a tp>swing scenario, and mob isn't likely to stay on you for long with a tank and other DPS), though they are a neat source of additional damage if solo DPSing something.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12