New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » October 2019 Version Update
October 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
By Pantafernando 2019-10-10 19:06:36  
Chimerawizard said: »
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
If my math is right, each mob is worth about 300 sparks during gain exp, meaning you need about 7 mobs per shield (so each mob is like 3.3k gil
Unity members receive a +5% bonus to accolades gained for each ranking below 1st, with Rank 11 receiving +50%.
300 sparks + 450 accolades. or 7500gil/kill.
100m gil/6characters/7500(gil/kill) = 2,222 kills in 4hours to make 100m gil.
2222/4/60= 9.26 kills/min (10.6 kills/min if assuming 30min for dump/regroup)

If doing in reisen there are extra spark/acc for mobs killed and crystals.

My math is 128 mobs to cap acc once and half sparks, warp dump acc, more 128 mobs, cap both spark and acc, dump and redo.

Being in the last unity gives you 720 acc per RoE completed.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-10 19:11:58  
Asura.Synr said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Gain-money is straight broken. I've said that for years.

How is it straight broken? for most players it's max 2m per hour?

There are far more activities that are more lucrative with less effort. Besides, it's pretty much the only reliable way new/returning players in starter 117/119 gear can make any progress these days.

Its broken when you compare gain exp with the second in efficiency RoE (for me its magic kill).

128 to cap acc, over 2000 kills to cap with magic dmg (not considering the others RoE).
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-10-11 07:51:53  
Chimerawizard said: »
I think it's a welcome change, the hackers will finish dumping in like 2 minutes now instead of 5. or is it 1min instead of 3?
The rest will take close to ~50% longer to dump since they'll be dumping both sparks & accolades instead of just sparks now, but they'll spend less than half as long farming since they can just leave early to dump accolades and partial sparks instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if a vanilla player in an organized party could get 3~4m/hour now.

Escha pops from Unity will probably become more expensive/profitable as spending accos to farm UNMs for money is even less attractive now.
By Taint 2019-10-11 08:08:07  
V1 Ambu ROE is great for capping Sparks. (Even better than acc.)

40 seconds to dump now lol.

Technically with a tool you can dump 99999 accolades in 12 seconds.
That’s crazy broken.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 08:39:15  
It doesnt give acc, juat spark.

Extra cash nonetheless
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-10-11 10:02:06  
I think the Prize Powder update should put to rest any conspiracy theories that SE is ever going to "nerf sparks".
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 10:40:25  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I think the Prize Powder update should put to rest any conspiracy theories that SE is ever going to "nerf sparks".

That's not how it works, chief.

just because they don't care "right now" doesn't mean someone won't get a bug in their *** and nerf it "just because".
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 11:05:58  
I think they didnt do anything yet because atm it isnt that known among playerbase the "tools" to sell it faster.

Prob at this point the rate of cash generation in game was fine to SE. But now regardless of anything, the amount of cash generation will surely increase.

The big question is if the new number of cash generated will be still within something SE expect.

If no, chance for changes increase.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-11 11:26:19  
This may be a step in the process of removing hackers / botters exploiting the system.

their MO
ignore, ignore, ignore.
hold meeting?
get one guy to look into it and file a report?
ban wave of players exploiting.
make approved method more attractive. (a new policy for sure)

I mean, they used to simply ban people for teleporting/flee'ing around, and wouldn't make travel any easier. Now, they added mounts and tele-warps all across vana'diel.

They used to just salvage ban. Now we can spam salvage.

Maybe they're testing whether making the approved method better will stop hackers from doing the impossible without "tools" before tracking them down for a ban wave.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-11 13:27:06  
to be honest the change in prize powders stacking just reeks of SE saying "well, if the cheaters can create gil so fast, let's make it so easy that the non-cheaters can do it just as quickly, removing the advantage of cheating".

Of course it doesn't truly eliminate it, but it shrinks the advantage.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 13:36:51  
I really don't think they put any forethought into it whatsoever.

They asked what we wanted to stack to 99. Prize powders got the most a lot of updoots. It was high on all 3 threads. *and doesn't impact crafting
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 13:40:12  
Master troll from SE: oct update: prize powder is stackable to 99

Nov update: prize powder can no longer be sold to npc.

Well players wanted stacks of 99 prize powders just to put a chest costume easier.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-11 13:44:50  
Is it really worth it to take prize powders over the gob keys?

I know my luck with gob keys are pretty good, but just how many unity points do you need to make something like 10m gil on prize powders?
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-11 13:48:26  

I know my luck with gob keys are pretty good, but just how many unity points do you need to make something like 10m gil on prize powders?
1m accolades; cap points 10x.
edit: forgot about the 2% bonus for nationally famed hero.
980,400 accolades.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-11 13:50:28  
Thats roughly 67 or so gob keys.

Are the rates on the gob box actually so bad that people arent finding about 10m in ~70 pulls?

(My view is gonna be heavily skewed because in about 100 pulls i got a Epi ring, Orph Sash, and Regal Cuffs)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 13:51:47  
99999 = 1m or 6 keys

6 keys could be worth.... 250m... or 2k Big Random chance

it's also about time/efficiency. Using keys takes extra minutes. many minutes. Also, you don't have to sell prize powders to players. Sure you can GET an epi ring, but now you have to SELL it to someone.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 13:52:19  

The question would be how many points would you need to grab anything worth 10m from gob.

And that even considering if you are lucky and get something that has that tag price, if not on asura, there is the problem to sell it.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-10-11 13:52:28  

It's simple math, keys are 15k accolades so 1500 powder-worth each. Each powder is 102gil with capped fame so that's 1500*102=153k value for each key. With my luck I honestly prefer the steady income of turning powders in but I can see the fun in the gamble of keys
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-11 14:04:22  
Fair points. Like I said, my judgement on the gob box is gonna be heavily skewed because my luck with it has been observed. I have no idea what more normal groupings look like.

I have only been back two months and pulled about 200m worth on the thing, so probably on close to 1m~1.5m per key.
By Taint 2019-10-11 14:04:36  
I’ve done thousands of keys and they don’t touch the consistency of powders. Too many crap items in the pool.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-10-11 14:05:43  
My luck is and always has been absolute GARBAGE in this game. I'd gladly take the steady income.

I just burned through roughly 150 keys and got maybe 5mil worth in sellables and the rest was garbage I wouldnt even take the time to npc.

In the long-haul, through my terrible luck, I'd say 6 keys -usually- averages me about 300-400k. So I'm way better off doing powders.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-11 14:12:15  
I'm sure someone could create a theoretical-SS based on the chances of getting something good from keys vs taking the money in prize powders. Whichever way you slice it, this is just another version of Aman Trove Orbs. You can either sell the orbs for guaranteed money, or you can chance it for "something". Literally another dopeamine hit.

FWIW, I have debated between doing both and always end up just using keys. It's a gamble that sometimes hits and many times does not. I recently got Orph sash from a key, but I could have easily bought it had I just been selling prize powders from the start. I have gotten Udug/Epam ring from Aman, but I could have eventually sold enough orbs to buy my own. But since this is a video game and I like the chances of getting something I totally wasn't expecting, I always take the risk vs the money. Makes me feel like I won something vs the boring grind of saving for a goal. Every person is different, though.
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-10-11 14:12:53  
Idk I enjoy playing with keys, i means there plenty of times I get nothing at all, but I’ve lost count how many good sellable items Ive gotten, not to mention things like glowy weapons etc. each to there own, honestly I can’t be assed buying powders and selling them, i like the gamble. But I also don’t have the lua’s to buy and sell them, so who knows..
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-11 14:16:58  
I skipped powders entirely with the 12 stack just because of how much selling work it would be.

Now with them going to 99 it might be better, because i cant always assume my luck will keep me at 1m+ per key.

But you guys are all right, in the end, it probably averages out close enough to each other (provided you can sell the items and are able to use the good rare/ex drops you get from keys).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 14:18:41  
When it was 12 stack if you didn't use a lua to buy the powder, it was absolutely keys all the way.

most people didn't even bother with keys, they just took 9 sky pops and waited until next cap to sell the stack for 300k.

In fact, the reason JP wanted 99 prize powders, is because there was always 9999 left over and lost or wasted after buying 6keys/9items.
 Asura.Synr
user: Syn
By Asura.Synr 2019-10-11 17:33:58  
it would be incredibly stupid to stop getting free money, even as low as its gotten.

That really depends on how much it is and what your time investment is. It would have to be better than $50 per hour of time invested for me to consider it worthwhile.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-10-11 18:51:59  
Asura.Elazar said: »
Idk I enjoy playing with keys, i means there plenty of times I get nothing at all, but I’ve lost count how many good sellable items, Ive gotten not to mention things like glowy weapons etc. each to the own, honestly I can’t be assed buying powders and selling them, all like the gamble. But I also don’t have the ads to buy and sell them, so who knows..

This. I can't tell you how many dynamis shards/voids ive gotten that have generated a good amount of gil. And the glowys from time to time, or the odd item that I have to lookup just to see where its from, i find that 'fun'.

ex: Thoth's Wand
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-11 19:13:20  
they should add the GM attire set and a bunch of unreleased items to the list; bet that'd get a bunch of people farming keys.
who wants a gold bed?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 20:56:13  
The way he wrote the one for me has a different "id" for every possible combination

[...]

ETC... it obviously doesn't go to 3333 or 5000 it stops at 960

Pchans courtesy:
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 21:21:23  
Oof! that's math. unitynpc is sufficient for now, appreciate it though!
It would take a long time to add 9039 lines to the code.
(more like..... 100 but still)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12