users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Beitetsu Farming
Beitetsu Farming
 Sylph.Seidell
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-09-08 09:50:16  
Anyone have any good HTMB for pup to solo on VD with some ease? I haven't soloed them much and when I have I have only done N for clears.
By Shichishito 2019-09-08 11:32:52  
leviathan is the easiest of the avatar fights. tenzen VD is manageable on a couple of jobs.
not sure how PUP does on those.

PUP having the charm imunity advantage of his pet maybe makes Ark Angels (3) (Ark Angel MR) worth a try.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By kasnuaku 2019-09-08 11:42:49  
this is my dou with cor alt record. But i won in 7 mins easy, and fun with midnights before xucuitol.galka ark angel very difficult / trust and cor not needed
 Asura.Cherished
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Cherished 2019-09-09 13:15:35  
Hey, that was my pup!
I admit AA MR is a little difficult to handle. But I found that with fighting AA EV and/or AA GK pup works very well on VD difficulty. When I get home I'll check and make sure that's the same attachment setup I found works best,

Also, one thing I've been testing out is "locking" my puppet -dt gear using alt+d but setting the mode to TP mode. Then when the puppet is around 900 TP I "unlock" -dt gear to let the gearswap use the WS gear.

I also have another set I've been playing with, the -dt set with Taeon. Its slower to build tp than herc with +store TP and the puppet hp regen is slower than Ryu. equips, but it is less risky than letting your pup swap into full WS equip (since I put the Taeon set in my puppet accuracy spot)

Not all pups have the best gear, not all players have friends to call on when they have time to farm. That's why I posted the video
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-09-09 13:19:05  
My gear is "okay". Nothing to stand out. I just finished my Kenkonken's to 119 so I was trying to farm for AG.

And all my friends quit ages ago lol thus why I like pup lol
 Asura.Cherished
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Cherished 2019-09-09 13:39:50  
Sylph.Seidell said: »
My gear is "okay". Nothing to stand out. I just finished my Kenkonken's to 119 so I was trying to farm for AG.

Are you master yet?
Do you have a full set of Ryu. gear? Is it nq or +1?

As long as your pup has around -30% dt you should be able to do AA GK, HM, or EV if you do HM ignore trusts and just stay far away when he's low on HP lest you get mijin gakuri'd (sp?)

If you can get the kill on any of those you should get an avg of 50 beitetsu per run. If you do the math, its decent money. Not to mention the lesser drops
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-09-09 14:47:29  
Asura.Cherished said: »
Sylph.Seidell said: »

Are you master yet?
Do you have a full set of Ryu. gear? Is it nq or +1?

As long as your pup has around -30% dt you should be able to do AA GK, HM, or EV if you do HM ignore trusts and just stay far away when he's low on HP lest you get mijin gakuri'd (sp?)

If you can get the kill on any of those you should get an avg of 50 beitetsu per run. If you do the math, its decent money. Not to mention the lesser drops

Yeah I'm mastered. Only have a few pieces of Ryu nq, but with my nq rao, midnights, and tanking set I can't remember for the life of me, I believe I do have 30% or close -dt
By Aerix 2019-09-09 16:35:06  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Attachment setup is outdated since it was recorded pre-PUPdates, but it's only gotten easier since then. Shiva costs only 10 merits instead of 15 like AAs, so it might be worth considering. Reset 1hr via MMM, Abyssea-Altepa/Cuijatender Revitalizer or by switching to COR and using Cutting Cards on yourself to reduce recast and then waiting it out.

You can also do Kam'lanaut VD if you equip Armor Plate 4+3 and avoid Speedloaders due to his absorb mechanic. He drops Wyrm Blood sometimes which sells for a nice amount in addition to any REMA stones you get.