フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI Speed Run categories
FFXI Speed Run categories
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-09-03 08:26:18  
Is there any interest in establishing more speed run categories for things like aeonic weapons, master trials, dynamis, etc?

It's been a source of entertainment for us recently. Who would participate?
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-09-03 08:33:09  
Bastok to jeuno lvl 1, no flee, no item.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-09-03 08:33:52  
From 0 REMA to all of them!
GO!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-03 08:41:30  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Bastok to jeuno lvl 1, no flee, no item.

Eh, Sandy to Jeuno has tigers.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2019-09-03 08:49:56  
Fastest to climb that mountain in Chasm
[+]
 Carbuncle.Beirmos
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Bongyogha
By Carbuncle.Beirmos 2019-09-03 10:26:13  
I certainly knocked some stuff in the past(sorry_;0_), me and some dudes in our link were watching there aeonic stream speed-run and it was a bit amazing to see how clean most of everything was executed. We did a 6.5 HR +(2hr break,8.5hrs)run last week but it was with a super well put together group. It looks like this just had whoever was awake and some mules and you barreled through it.. Some highlights we enjoyed were getting knocked down and recovering like it was nothing, Strong Tank/Healer! Watching those Helms nearly unable to attack via Para/Slow/SILENCE that RDM has some insane enfeebs/gear that made y'all slice thru it like a hot knife n butter. That BRD just going at it with a amsbu sword wrecking mobs faces in.. The setup's you had we bet that you would be changing it for each Helm, but only did for one.. incredible!! You all seemed to having a good time, our Asura group is gathering beads now we want to attempt shorter runs as well.

*Maybe a Back 2 Back 100,000 Beads used 2x Aeonic run?

*Be cool to see more all "One" job Dyna setups streamed (-needed relevant jobs i.e. tanks,healers)don't see many streams just screenshots.

*We used to do Dyna-D Roulette once we had wave 2 down b4 wave 3 was relevant, everyone /anon show up any job they have geared and play kick-ball style pick teams (examining not allowed)(yes some teams wont have buffs, healers) tons of fun, many deaths even more laughs !! Just some idea's, I am happy to see a turn around here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-09-03 11:20:06  
Glitchless speedrun or glitched? FrankerZ
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-03 12:26:05  
Typically speedruns are marked 'complete' when the end credits begin to roll. Something like at the end of the RoV mission line.

New Character > Completion of RoV

no outside help, including powerlevelers
usage of trusts is permitted.
By volkom 2019-09-03 12:26:25  
should speed run on a fresh character, no outside assistance/powerleveling/bots/extra characters etc. from 1-75 on all original jobs and get maats cap.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-09-03 12:31:47  
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Is there any interest in establishing more speed run categories for things like aeonic weapons, master trials, dynamis, etc?

It's been a source of entertainment for us recently. Who would participate?

Do you mean like a catelog of which group holds the fastest record?

Ex) Such as:
Omen
Kei:
Rank 1 (LS) NevrLand: 19:52
Rank 2 (LS) LostEmpire: 20:57
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-03 12:49:10  
It's impossible to have a speed run on a MMO. The basis of speed runs are that time starts when you press the first button to start the game (to, you know, actually start it) until you press the last button that starts the cutscene to end the game.

Since there is no such thing as an ending for MMOs, it is impossible for a speedrun to occur.

Don't make me ergo your ***!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-03 12:58:15  
18-man Promy Speed runs capped in 30~ sync gear. No voice chat. Just typing skills.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-09-03 13:24:24  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
18-man Promy Speed runs capped in 30~ sync gear. No voice chat. Just typing skills.

CoP 1-1 to finish speed run using level sync to keep the zones and battles at their original level cap. No using new transport methods, like HP warps, survival guides, VW warps, or RoE warps. Airship, Chocobos, Outpost Warps, telepoint/warps, and running only. No modern foods. You can use post-CoP jobs, like BLU, SCH, etc. But nothing else.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-09-03 14:36:39  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's impossible to have a speed run on a MMO. The basis of speed runs are that time starts when you press the first button to start the game (to, you know, actually start it) until you press the last button that starts the cutscene to end the game.

Since there is no such thing as an ending for MMOs, it is impossible for a speedrun to occur.

Don't make me ergo your ***!

Let's not turn this into that, guy. Competition creates artificial levels of content that extend the life of a game.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-03 14:42:04  
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Competition creates artificial levels of content that extend the life of a game.
But why? This game is boring enough already, and it's not like they are going to create new content anytime soon.

I'm just saying that it's impossible to have any sort of "speedrun" events for this game due to a multitude of factors.

If you want to prove me wrong, then create an event that takes away internet speed, shotty timekeeping, and actually is fair to everyone around. Then maybe people may listen.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-09-03 14:47:41  
Step one get less shitty internet scrub
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-03 14:50:06  
clearlyamule said: »
Step one get less shitty internet scrub
Sure, while we are at it, let's all assume that everyone lives where fiber optics are available, and no power outages or other disruptions can occur, especially from Square Enix themselves, who has a perfect track record regarding keeping servers up 100% of the time without random crashes.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-03 14:51:20  
Internet connection issues in 2019? You might have to move out of grandmas basement that you moved into after mom kicked you out. Dial up is pretty outdated, the real world isnt that scary you could probably live off mac and cheese with hotdogs cut up into it if you are too high class for ramen.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-03 14:53:34  
That's your argument? Seriously?

Fine, go ahead and live in your fantasy world where nothing could go wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-03 15:55:58  
To be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit if you want to create events like this.

I just hope you understand that this isn't "speedruns" or anything like that.

But go for broke. Good luck to you.
By DononofSylph 2019-09-03 15:56:22  
Eco-Warrior quest!
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-03 15:58:03  
To be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit if you want to create events like this.

Nobody made you the authority on Speedruns. Begone.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-03 16:02:23  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

Yeah, nobody made me the authority on speedruns. But there are actual forums dedicated to speed runs. And guess what? No MMOs.

Ever wonder why? Or is that too much over your little head?
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-09-03 16:21:45  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

Yeah, nobody made me the authority on speedruns. But there are actual forums dedicated to speed runs. And guess what? No MMOs.

Ever wonder why? Or is that too much over your little head?

There's a speedrun.com record for 1-99 Solo. There's a record for Shadowlord. There's speedrun records for just about everything, buddy.

There aren't any factors that would impede a speed run. Internet connectivity is part of the equation for success. I wouldn't speed run Dynamis on dial up while playing on a toaster. That's a recipe for failure. It's called preparation. Any little thing can wreck a speed run - have you watched any WR attempts in single player games? RNG exists in all of them.

So yes, they are in fact speed runs whether you want to complain about the RNG factor or not.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-03 16:31:43  

By Shichishito 2019-09-03 16:32:00  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Glitchless speedrun or glitched?
most would probably only qualify for tool assisted anyway.

srsly this game has too low of a skill ceiling and is simply too slow for a enjoyable speedrun viewing experience.

do lolparses if you feel the urge to compare numbers. maybe VD HTBFs, they have a built in clear timer for comparison and don't take forever.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-09-03 16:41:22  
This is relevant to my interests, however, I just recently got my 16th character on one account to 99. Now Mars/Venus Orbs will forever be a source of money and gear for me so yay $$$.

While I never pushed myself to do things like change jobs to avoid long cutscenes in Jeuno since I was only doing this for myself and not any particular documented record, I go a lot of ideas from the guide I'll link here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/57u6u6/planning_speedrun_to_level_99/

I hope it helps others. Good luck. Let's see what you can do.

On an related note:

Just in case that page ever goes down, I'm going to copy-paste that info here as I'm sure I'll use it again one day.
First Page 2