Debuffed Ninjutsu

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Debuffed Ninjutsu
Debuffed Ninjutsu
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Broseph
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2
By Cerberus.Broseph 2019-08-23 09:27:32  
I love the debuffed add-on for windower. However, I have noticed that it does not seem to work when using ninjutsu. All of the other spells work great. I have poked around in the .lua file and the settings.xml but am not competent enough to know how to fix this. Has anyone else noticed this or know of a fix? Any insight would be appreciated.
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 571
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-23 11:25:19  
It is possible that it is not included. I don't use add-ons, but if this is a more recent option then it would explain it. As Nin isn't an incredibly used job atm.
 Cerberus.Broseph
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2
By Cerberus.Broseph 2019-08-23 16:54:43  
Ok, thanks for the feedback. If I come across any way to fix it I'll post in case others are wanting a solution.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-08-23 17:41:51
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [137 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 233
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-01-07 20:54:39  
I am also looking for a fix for this. Anyone have any idea's on how we could get Ninjutsu working in the debuffed Plugin? I've gone through the code and I'm not seeing anything that is specific to listed spells so I'm not sure how it's working on spells but not Ninjutsu. Any help would be appreciated.

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/blob/live/addons/Debuffed/Debuffed.lua
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 495
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-08 03:23:47  
I took a quick look. The addon uses action events to determine which spell has been cast, by who and on what. Message ID 236 (responsible for "<actor> casts <spell>. <target> is <status>.") is already checked in the addon, so at first glance, I'd have guessed it works.

Without being able to test it right now, I can't debug why. Maybe the message ID is not 236 for ninjitsu.
Offline
Posts: 582
By kishr 2020-01-08 05:05:44  
It was working last time I used nin, I'll check in a hour when I get back from work.

EDIT: you are correct, i was reading from menu.
the adddon does not show anything.
i went through it and added every command from 0-9999 to the list, it didnt show on nin. showed on geo. weird.
ran out of time ill try tomorrow.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 233
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-01-08 10:48:08  
kishr said: »
It was working last time I used nin, I'll check in a hour when I get back from work.

EDIT: you are correct, i was reading from menu.
the adddon does not show anything.
i went through it and added every command from 0-9999 to the list, it didnt show on nin. showed on geo. weird.
ran out of time ill try tomorrow.

Thanks much for looking into it Xurion and Kishr! Look forward to hearing about more of what you find.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 495
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-08 11:34:55  
I'll take over the night shift shortly ;)
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 495
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-08 14:28:07  
Ok so I figured what it is. In the Windower resources, the spell data does not contain a status attribute against each Ninjitsu spell. This is how Debuffed associates the correct status effect.

These files are automatically generated from game data files, but they are ran through a fixes process which applies extra data to them. I'm looking into updating the resources with these extra pieces of data, which in turn should fix this issue.
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: BattonBiz
Posts: 57
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-01-08 14:49:43  
We were discussing this plugin and BLM debuffs last night, is that something you can piggyback onto this request?
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 495
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-09 01:46:12  
I'd need to know which BLM spells do not work with Debuffed, as each one is defined individually. Unless it's all of them, in which case, urgh.
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 233
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-01-09 07:46:56  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Ok so I figured what it is. In the Windower resources, the spell data does not contain a status attribute against each Ninjitsu spell. This is how Debuffed associates the correct status effect.

These files are automatically generated from game data files, but they are ran through a fixes process which applies extra data to them. I'm looking into updating the resources with these extra pieces of data, which in turn should fix this issue.

Brilliant! Thanks so much for doing this!
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Miraun
Posts: 110
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-09 08:15:17  
Hey Xurion;
I absolutely appreciate your efforts, and the results are absolutely interesting. That's awesome to have traced the issues back to those other routines that you were calling. I just have one super tiny additional question... Once you do perform the updates to the status attributes for the spell data, how is that update cascaded to end users? Is there anything I will need to do in order to capitalize on the awesome benefits that you've fixed for us?
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 495
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-09 10:38:47  
The
Phoenix.Miraun said: »
how is that update cascaded to end users? Is there anything I will need to do in order to capitalize on the awesome benefits that you've fixed for us?
Haven't fixed it yet ;)

Assuming you mean everyday players as end users, the change would be automatically picked up by Debuffed and it should start working as if by magic when Windower is loaded.

As a Lua developer, the change will just mean that there will now be a reference of spell to status relationship - I'm sure there are a bunch of customised status addons and Gearswap files out there that could benefit from this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Miraun
Posts: 110
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-09 12:49:50  
Thanks Xurion, that absolutely sounds wonderful... I was just most concerned whether or not the updates would be autopushed/etc.

And now followup... I know Logical is big on NIN, but could you also dust off some of those BLU spells while you're beneath the hood? <3
Offline
Posts: 63
By Mafai 2020-01-09 14:36:42  
Just so you know, this can be fixed by requesting a change to fixes.xml in ResourceExtractor.

https://github.com/Windower/ResourceExtractor/blob/master/fixes.xml

Start on line 1189 and you will see where the status is being assigned to spells. New entries / updates are needed for spells not registering in the Debuffed addon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: BattonBiz
Posts: 57
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-01-09 14:48:46  
Thanks Xurion and Mafai!
Offline
Posts: 63
By Mafai 2020-01-09 15:29:21  
Can check this out, if people agree I can accept the pull request myself

https://github.com/Windower/ResourceExtractor/pull/60
[+]
Offline
Posts: 63
By Mafai 2020-01-09 15:54:14  
BLM / NIN debuffs should work after the update tonight. Please post back either way.

Also, I only knew of 6 BLM debuffs, I haven't played in awhile, so if there are more let me know.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 495
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-09 16:08:54  
Mafai said: »
BLM / NIN debuffs should work after the update tonight. Please post back either way.

Also, I only knew of 6 BLM debuffs, I haven't played in awhile, so if there are more let me know.
Thx, saved me doing it tonight :D Now all I have to do is wipe to Ou /style
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 233
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-01-10 07:52:28  
It worked!!! Thanks so much Xurion, Mafai and Kishr!
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Miraun
Posts: 110
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-10 08:12:32  
Thanks Xurion. I saw my windower update when I started it up this morning.

And just since I have your ear. Are BLU enfeebles handled the same way through the same fixes that you just conducted for NIN and BLM? I'm not nearly familiar enough what what they have as far as debuffs and how the data tables are structured on your end.
Offline
Posts: 63
By Mafai 2020-01-10 08:14:52  
BLU enfeebles would be.

Someone needs to list

a.) What they are.
b.) What debuffs they apply
c.) What overwrites them or what they overwrite.
 Phoenix.Miraun
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Miraun
Posts: 110
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-10 08:23:57  
Is that documented on the wiki, and would just need to be collected, or just fragmented bits of player knowledge that's scattered across everyone?
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 495
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-11 05:08:40  
Phoenix.Miraun said: »
Thanks Xurion. I saw my windower update when I started it up this morning.

And just since I have your ear. Are BLU enfeebles handled the same way through the same fixes that you just conducted for NIN and BLM? I'm not nearly familiar enough what what they have as far as debuffs and how the data tables are structured on your end.
I didn't do the fix in the end, it was Mafai ;)

Phoenix.Miraun said: »
Is that documented on the wiki, and would just need to be collected, or just fragmented bits of player knowledge that's scattered across everyone?
Some is on bg, other stuff on clopedia. In order to be really confident, you'd have to test each spell/ja.
 Bismarck.Batton
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: BattonBiz
Posts: 57
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-01-11 12:05:30  
Everyone's loving the update. Thank you!
[+]
Offline
Posts: 582
By kishr 2020-01-11 12:24:25  
Roger dodger!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-01-12 21:48:05  
Can Steps and their levels be added to this? O:
Offline
By Butcherb0y 2020-01-15 21:13:39  
Will there an update for WS debuff, such as debuff from like Shinjin Spiral Plague debuff?
First Page 2
Log in to post.