Question About Enhancing Duration And Skill

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Question about Enhancing Duration and Skill
Question about Enhancing Duration and Skill
Online
Posts: 996
By Felgarr 2019-08-08 08:19:27  
Hi folks,
I'm trying to create Enhancing Skill and Enhancing Duration sets for my RDM, and it's pretty easy to do. However, I'm having trouble figuring out which spells should be cast in Maximum Enhancing Skill (605+) VS. another set with lots of Enhancing Duration and some tier (or cap of enhancing skill, like 500 skill for example). Does anyone happen to have a list of RDM Enhancing spells that I should be casting in either set?

Thank you.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Online
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 999
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-08-08 08:42:40  
Only thing that needs more than 500 is temper

As much as you can:
Temper/temper II

500+:
Phalanx
Bar spells
Gain spells
Enspells

Int:
Spikes

Duration only:
Haste
Flurry
Regen
Refresh (with refresh potency)
[+]
Online
Posts: 996
By Felgarr 2019-08-08 12:32:43  
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Much appreciated.

Are Enfeebling spells similarly, easily separated? High Magic Acc/MND? High Enfeebling Skill? Max Enfeebling Duration?
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-08-08 12:52:49
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
Posts: 489
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-08 13:01:06  
Apes said: »
White Magic Enfeebles use MND
[...]

Dark Magic Enfeebles use INT:
[...]

Nope.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48354-Enfeebling-Potency-How-MND-and-INT-Differences-Play-a-Role?p=558820&viewfull=1#post558820

Quote:
  • Blind (Change in reduced physical accuracy effect)

    • Lowest value when your MND is 80 under an enemy’s INT: 5
      Highest value when your MND is 120 over an enemy’s INT: 50

  • Blind II (Change in reduced physical accuracy effect)

    • Lowest value when your MND is 80 under an enemy’s INT: 15
      Highest value when your MND is 120 over an enemy’s INT: 90



Basically, everything uses your MND vs target MND, except Blind (II) uses your MND against target INT.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-08-08 13:10:15
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Online
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 999
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-08-08 15:21:49  
There are actually 4 classifications of enfeebles.

There are enfeebles for which the only relevant stat is magic accuracy:
Silence
Petrify
Sleep

There are enfeebles for which potency is determined by stat (because your base enfeebling skill already caps potency on the skill portion):
(mostly T1 enfeebles)
Slow,
Paralyze,
Blind,
Gravity,

Enfeebles which require both relevant stat and and skill:
(T2 enfeebles)
Slow II
Paralyze II
Blind II
Addle II
Frazzle III
Distract III
Poison II (INT)

Enfeebles that don't require anything:
Dia (I/II/III)
Inundate
Online
Posts: 996
By Felgarr 2019-08-08 18:58:55  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
There are actually 4 classifications of enfeebles.

There are enfeebles for which the only relevant stat is magic accuracy:
Silence
Petrify
Sleep

There are enfeebles for which potency is determined by stat (because your base enfeebling skill already caps potency on the skill portion):
(mostly T1 enfeebles)
Slow,
Paralyze,
Blind,
Gravity,

Enfeebles which require both relevant stat and and skill:
(T2 enfeebles)
Slow II
Paralyze II
Blind II
Addle II
Frazzle III
Distract III
Poison II (INT)

Enfeebles that don't require anything:
Dia (I/II/III)
Inundate

Just to complete the circle on your posts, I think you mean to add that we players, assume that 1 Magic Accuracy = 1 Skill? yes/no?
 Asura.Hrohj
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 149
By Asura.Hrohj 2019-08-08 21:01:41  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
There are actually 4 classifications of enfeebles.

There are enfeebles for which the only relevant stat is magic accuracy:
Silence
Petrify
Sleep

There are enfeebles for which potency is determined by stat (because your base enfeebling skill already caps potency on the skill portion):
(mostly T1 enfeebles)
Slow,
Paralyze,
Blind,
Gravity,

Enfeebles which require both relevant stat and and skill:
(T2 enfeebles)
Slow II
Paralyze II
Blind II
Addle II
Frazzle III
Distract III
Poison II (INT)

Enfeebles that don't require anything:
Dia (I/II/III)
Inundate

This is dubious and misleading. I wouldn't trust this advice.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1186
By Boshi 2019-08-08 22:38:13  
Asura.Elizabet said: »
Apes said: »
White Magic Enfeebles use MND
[...]

Dark Magic Enfeebles use INT:
[...]

Nope.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48354-Enfeebling-Potency-How-MND-and-INT-Differences-Play-a-Role?p=558820&viewfull=1#post558820

Quote:
  • Blind (Change in reduced physical accuracy effect)

    • Lowest value when your MND is 80 under an enemy’s INT: 5
      Highest value when your MND is 120 over an enemy’s INT: 50

  • Blind II (Change in reduced physical accuracy effect)

    • Lowest value when your MND is 80 under an enemy’s INT: 15
      Highest value when your MND is 120 over an enemy’s INT: 90



Basically, everything uses your MND vs target MND, except Blind (II) uses your MND against target INT.

I talked to someone (who's reliable)

He said this is mistranslated and Japanese version of this post has
your INT vs mob's MND

Japanese wiki currently reflects this also:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.ffo.jp%2Fhtml%2F3449.html

edit:
Japanese version of this post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42244?p=560654&viewfull=1#post560654
(thanks Rajang)

translated relevant section:
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error in this post .

I checked the specifications of the black magic "Brine" and "Brine II"
As naoya says, the relationship between MND and INT was reversed.
Sorry for the confusion.

The correct effect is as follows.

Brine (physical hit-effect varies)
The difference between the enemy MND and the player character's INT is “-80”.
Maximum difference between the enemy MND and player character INT difference is “+120”: 50

Brine II (physical hit-effect varies)
The difference between the enemy's MND and the player character's INT difference is “-80”.
Maximum difference between the enemy MND and player character INT difference is “+120”: 90



TLDR:
The link you're using has a typo mixing up MND & INT. The Japanese forum reported this and Japanese version got fixed, they didn't fix the english post.
Blind potency uses player's INT
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1186
By Boshi 2019-08-08 22:56:22  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Only thing that needs more than 500 is temper

Enspells.


Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
There are actually 4 classifications of enfeebles.

[... removed]

A-pure macc no potency mod
silence
petrify
sleep
BIND

B-potency from: Mnd & "Enfeeb Potency" gear
Addle
Paralyze
Slow

C-potency from: Int & "Enfeeb Potency" gear (see previous post)
Blind

D-potency from: Enfeeb Skill & "Enfeeb Potency" gear
Poison II
***(Poison I caps at 500 Enfeeb, thus can equip as cat F)

E-potency from: Enfeeb skill, Mnd, & "Enfeeb Potency" gear
Frazzle III
Distract III
***(tier's 1/2 have very low cap on enfeeb skill thus can equip as cat B)

F-potency from "Enfeebling potency" gear only
Gravity
Dia (dmg/tic not def-%)

unsure about Inundation (would have to test if neck&ammo bring higher than 1.2)
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
Posts: 687
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-08-09 06:09:10  
I strongly doubt it’s relevant anymore but Bind does technically have an INT Potency. All it does is control how much damage can be dealt to the target before its “knocked free” and it was only useful back at 75 era for soloists. Just allows one or two free nukes was all. There used to be videos on it for soloing the Bluffalo BC, Charybdis, etc. I don’t think the formula was ever revised for newer nuking formulas were updated so this is little more than Trivia now.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
Posts: 489
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-09 10:36:58  
Boshi said: »
He said this is mistranslated and Japanese version of this post has
your INT vs mob's MND

Well ***ok, Time to fix my Lua lol!
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-08-09 10:49:15
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2
By Krysalano 2019-08-15 19:48:59  
Do enspells actually have magic accuracy or are they just checked against damage resistance?

I tried to do some digging and the only thing I found on the subject is that they do have magic accuracy determined by mACC when the spell is cast.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 7871
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-16 00:05:15  
Not relevant maybe but enha skill affects haste 1/2 in a strange way. The higher skill you cast it with, the less chances slow 1/2 will overwrite it.
Not sure how it works in detail. Tiers?

I wouldn't trade duration for skill for haste as I'm extremely lazy, but there are slots where you can't get duration but can get skill, so why not at least there?
(someone could argue conserve mp and fast cast I guess)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 7871
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-22 16:48:58  
Boshi said: »
A-pure macc no potency mod
silence
petrify
sleep
BIND

B-potency from: Mnd & "Enfeeb Potency" gear
Addle
Paralyze
Slow

C-potency from: Int & "Enfeeb Potency" gear (see previous post)
Blind

D-potency from: Enfeeb Skill & "Enfeeb Potency" gear
Poison II
***(Poison I caps at 500 Enfeeb, thus can equip as cat F)

E-potency from: Enfeeb skill, Mnd, & "Enfeeb Potency" gear
Frazzle III
Distract III
***(tier's 1/2 have very low cap on enfeeb skill thus can equip as cat B)

F-potency from "Enfeebling potency" gear only
Gravity
Dia (dmg/tic not def-%)

unsure about Inundation (would have to test if neck&ammo bring higher than 1.2)
Nice sum.

I'd love to see which sets you use for groups from A to F if you don't mind sharing.
Pretty confident Inundation isn't affected by anything and sticks 100% of the time.


Some very very obvious notes but that might interest others reading.
1) Int and Skill can still be useful in some slots, depending on your other options. Even when they don't provide additional potency, they still provide additional Magic Accuracy (actually that's not necessarily true for INT/MND... but I was trying to simplify things lol)
2) Kishar ring conflicts with Stikini+1 in a ring slot. Sometimes duration is laughable because the target removes the debuffs way before its normal end. Some other times it can be useful, for instance on stuff like Dia and Inundation
3) In your last category you sticked together stuff like Inundation and Dia which require no macc, whereas GravityI/II afaik do require macc to stick.
[+]
Log in to post.