Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-30 15:19:39  
Apes said: »
with a GPU in the 1000 Series by Nvidia {or equivalent}.
Misleading, 1000 series means next to nothing. A 1050 or 1060 is worse than a 970Ti. You can get by with much less than that anyway, if single boxing.

Hyperthreading -

Msconfig > Boot (tab) > Default OS should be highlighted > Advanced Options > Check "Number of Processors > Use the cap amount of processors at your disposal > Click "Ok" > Apply > Reboot.
This does not void any sort of warranty, and should be set by default anyway. FFXI is not multi threaded, so multiple threads do not make a single FFXI run any better. If by some miracle you have it off and are multi boxing, it will help.

Setting power option priority for PoL, FFXI, and Windower.
Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics Settings -> Click "Browse" Icon -> Select program for priority.

Make sure PoL, FFXI, and Windower are stated as high performance.
Irrelevant.

Setting Affinity -

Task Manager > Details > Right Click Pol.exe > Set Affinity > Check only one CPU to use. (Usually not 0 because this is usually used to run all background processes for the GUI)
Irrelevant.

Setting Priority -

Task Manager > Details > Right Click Pol.exe > Set Priority > Select the option you want. (High will be good enough, using Real Time usually causes me issues and causes a crash)
Generally not needed. Windows will handle priorities on it's own, and will generally have better results doing so. Garbage like project mercury doesn't help either.

tldr; There is some useful information here, specifically the low lag dat swaps and how to change FPS caps. There's also a whole lot of snake oil, maybe trim out the bs and keep the good stuff. DGVooodoo or atomos' directx proxy deserve a mention as well.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-30 15:55:35  
So the purpose of your thread isn't to educate, it's to draw attention? Shocker.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-07-30 16:14:12  
Posted from iPhone XS while in the gym
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-30 16:18:43  
I just want to point out that you don't need a shred of working knowledge of lua. I happen to have just a sliver, but don't even use it. Completely irrelevant to being productive in a party.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-30 16:20:37  
Apes

Do us all a favor and take the criticism like a man instead of a mark a$s bish
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-30 16:26:16  
I honestly think playing without lua is perfectly fine imo. Surprisingly some of the best players I have ever played with or seen 1st hand actually don't use gearswap at all.
Some examples:
Afania is a great COR, I've watched her videos and that is some awesome stuff.
Geriond is hands down Asura's best DRK without a doubt.
And Azzriel, although a completely ignorant ***, his COR is one of the best on Asura.

All of these don't use gearswap and they'll crush almost every DD I know in parse, although parse isn't everything, bare in mind. Survival > Parse.

And even mage jobs, Bratgurl never played with gearswap for ages and her WHM was top tier without gearswap too. It can definitely be done, just not everyone can.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-30 16:47:02  
DirectX said: »
What is the name of the addon/plugin that kills bubbles? Indi no more or something... need a download link.

Lili said: »
Released Indi-Nope 1.0.0

Basically just a port of the above code by Comeatmebro.

Hides geomancy effect from players. Does not hide luopan bubbles, those are part of the luopan model itself it seems. At least, I did not find a way to hide them without also blocking the luopan itself from appearing at all (which I would prefer not to).

No commands, load it and it's on, unload and it's off.

Download: https://pastebin.com/u/lilig

Please note: you can get the same functionality with ingame filters (Config -> Effects -> "All effect during battle" must be off, then Party-> You/monster/party/non-party PC must be turned on), but those filters also block a lot of other things, while this addon only blocks geomancy bubbles on player characters.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-30 16:54:01  
I just hire a Japanese guy to play for me. Expert gaming status
confirmed.

Also I verified that he is a big nerd (anime cosplay)...nerds are good at gaming and stuff.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-07-30 17:27:53  
I always wondered what would happen if you have an alliance of GEO cast bubbles and indi spells at the same time. The poor guy with the average computer.
By ocean 2019-07-30 17:33:47  
Thank you for sharing. Going to try some of the tips when I get home

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-30 21:29:13  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Apes

Do us all a favor and take the criticism like a man instead of a mark a$s bish

If you want to insult me, use the full word ***.

Continue to dumpster pump with your boy Cumatmebro.

Gobble a *** ***. I'm sure you like doing so "like a man."

I'm slurping away as his shaft just to come up for air to remind you of how you're terrible at giving advice to players-

You should stay in the gutter along with the rest of asura you scrub. Considering the attention whoring you're doing so much lately - Making up for the lack of things going on with your existence?

Also - Most of the stuff here is on Bg already - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

You could probably learn a thing or two reading this as you sound terrible at this...
[+]
By Afania 2019-07-30 21:37:23  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

Thanks but you know, whatever I did on cor in the video has extremely low skill requirement, its just TP and (trying to) ws at 1000 TP >.>

Mage jobs are much harder to play than DD in general, I do a lot more stuff when Im on rdm and whm in pt. Although Im not top mage player either. So I find your compliment a bit of a shock to me >.< Thanks though.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-30 21:46:36  
Afania said: »

Thanks but you know, whatever I did on cor in the video has extremely low skill requirement, its just TP and (trying to) ws at 1000 TP >.>

Mage jobs are much harder to play than DD in general, I do a lot more stuff when Im on rdm and whm in pt. Although Im not top mage player either. So I find your compliment a bit of a shock to me >.< Thanks though.

I know it's "simple", but soloing stuff is always awesome for me, i enjoy watching.
And you have the knowledge which is why i said you're a great cor. but the fact you do play the job well the way you do is another reason,
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2019-07-30 23:54:36  
Geriond is hands down Asura's best DRK without a doubt.

He is fun to play with for sure and a good Drk.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-31 08:08:15  
And Azzriel, although a completely ignorant ***, his COR is one of the best on Asura.
What has he done on COR that has impressed you? Spammed Leaden Salute with massive buffs from mules, or something actually noteworthy?

I mean his COR would literally destroy mobs and win parse almost every time.
Although he is a parse *** he surives rather well. Not many CORs can take more than 1 hit.

And about Leaden Salute, yes. I done Sealed Fate with Azzriel back before Relic +2/3 and R15 came out and his Leaden Salutes back then still do more damage than R15 DP cors now when I tried.
40-60k on average into 99k dark constantly. Even CORs now struggle to hit 25-35k.
So yes, he is a good cor.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-31 08:38:32  
Doing good damage doesn't make you a skilled player though? That's gear and buffs, not good playing...

I mean you clearly didn't read the part i said he survives better than most cors.
His knowledge is there, unlike other players.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-31 09:11:43  
How do you die on cor with two rostams?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-31 09:20:47  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
How do you die on cor with two rostams?

... oh I've managed ;)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-31 09:26:02  
Hahaha yassss

Stupid mnks and their counters...

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Miang
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2019-07-31 10:32:09  
Basic understanding of LUA:
(You don't need to be able to write scripts to use LUA, just be able to read it)

I highly recommend Visual Studio Code, a free text editor that has a huge amount of plugins making it close to an IDE for many programming languages. You can install this Lua extension, which will highlight any errors in your code without you having to go in game and see the dreaded red console errors that are hard to read for non programmers.

Plus it has built in git support for the more hardcore types, where you can setup your own private (or public) git repository somewhere and have all your GS files in a repository. You can then push all your changes to the repository, and if your PC ever dies, or you play on a laptop away from home, you can always get your most recent GS files from the git repository, all inside VSCode
[+]
First Page 2 3 4