AF3 Reforging... When?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » AF3 Reforging... when?
AF3 Reforging... when?
First Page 2 3
By Tarage 2019-07-29 18:34:35  
I had to go back to November 2017 to see when they first introduced AF2 stuff and Dynamis D. Prior to that Omen started December 2016 for AF1. Now granted Omen could have been called a part of Rhapsodies, but the gap between the last major chunk of content with Dynamis D and now is... rather large. I know someone is going to jump in and say "Dead game is dead" and all that, but I'm just curious what people's thoughts are on this. When was the last time they even mentioned AF3? I'm wondering if it's even going to happen at this point with the skeleton crew they have.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-29 18:56:37  
Just a couple of months ago they said they haven't started empyrean, but they'll "slap it on" new battle content when they decide to release it. They also straight up said "we're not doing ***for three years".

Then again they said this game was done like 3 years ago so you can't believe a word they say anymore
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-07-29 18:59:00  
Requirement to upgrade empy + 3:
*Kill every Aby-zone NM.
*Kill every VW NM.
*Beat Aby storyline.
*Collect every atma in Aby,

~Easy Peazy~
 Asura.Nebohh
サーバ: Asura
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-07-29 19:14:20  
You have to take what SE says now with a grain of salt. Even though the game isn’t their main focus, they’re still making a lot of money from it. I imagine it’s a marketing scheme for SE. If they see a decline in subscriptions, that’s when the bigger things will come out. But at the moment, everything is on maintenance mode, keeping things going with the least amount of updates.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-29 20:10:12  
Have you sacrificed your first born to Yogsothoth yet?
Best get to that to make them get here sooner.

Hope you're ready for Adoulin path CL150 VW.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-29 20:34:10  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They also straight up said "we're not doing ***for three years".

No, they didn't. What they said is they were approved for 3 years of funding. For the last few years they only had a one year budget, and had no idea if the game would be cancelled at the end of that year. Now they're approved to run the game for 3 years, they don't have to worry about the game ending, and can make longer plans for the development of the game.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-29 20:37:45  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

No, they didn't. What they said is they were approved for 3 years of funding. For the last few years they only had a one year budget, and had no idea if the game would be cancelled at the end of that year. Now they're approved to run the game for 3 years, they don't have to worry about the game ending, and can make longer plans for the development of the game.

Allow me to translate that properly;

"we know the game will be live for 3 years, so we ain't got to do a god damn thing until then, we know you'll stay subbed. Right before we need to confirm funding again, we'll make something that bumps up sub numbers"
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-29 20:45:37  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Allow me to translate that properly;

"we know the game will be live for 3 years, so we ain't got to do a god damn thing until then, we know you'll stay subbed. Right before we need to confirm funding again, we'll make something that bumps up sub numbers"

Which perfectly explains why they haven't done anything the last few months...oh wait, we're getting MORE content than we had been getting ever since wave 3 had come out.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-29 20:50:20  
I mean... 2 day content Odin and 0 day Cait Sith content IS something, I guess. If you stretch and twist the meaning of "something" or you squint realllllllllllly hard.

Oof and job updates! so much effort! much wow! much work!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-29 20:59:29  
It's enough to prove your "We don't have to do ***cause these *** are addicted, muahahaha!" crackpot theory you tossed out.

I like you, Eiryl, but you're like a neckbeard tsundere.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-29 21:01:04  
It's not like mmo's are created for literally any other reason than addiction. It's not a theory, and it's scarier than fiction.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-29 21:14:51  
When you've stopped being delusional, you'll realize they are just throwing common sense updates (some head scratchers) to jobs and stretching it out for as long as possible, and sprinkling in monthly campaigns to take your focus away from the fact that they really aren't bringing anything to the table you can sink your fingers into. Revived 135~ CL fights take, what, a week of coding/testing at most? Converting merit spells to scrolls takes a few hours. Changing math formulas on basic abilities... I mean, you would have to be really strung out on FFXI to think THESE are meaningful updates. It's something, but then again, so isn't the DM PLUS campaign. And all they did was push a button to make that happen

They said their focus was on the 20th year anniversary. They could drop empyrean +2/3 any time in between then, and it may be at the end of this year in the "new" battle content they release. Could be a year from now. But if you are still getting disappointed in their lack of "Real" content and how badly they are dragging their feet, you're in really bad shape with this game. People are completely fine with the way this game is right now, otherwise it would have died a long time ago.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-29 21:23:22  
I never said they were doing a fantastic job developing the game. I'm inactive right now and have been for a couple months, that reason is they aren't developing content fast enough for the manner at which I play the game. So I'm actually doing what you guys don't, and don't just sit around addicted while playing and shitting on a game.

But you guys have seen the Digest, you know pretty much the whole Dev team is right there, lol. There's a reason content has been pretty slow. Add on that they're not actually any good at the game, and it's for the best they aren't trying to do more all the time. They have their ideas of how the game works, and relies on the community to tell them what the issues are and what to work on. And because of some things, the NA community gets an extra filter through the JP community team, which is why we feel ignored a lot of the time.

Based on what I've read, they started working on new battle content (at least conceptually a few months ago) and they'll probably work on how to do Empy+2/3 with that content. But they haven't figured out the stats of Empy+2/3. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another slow release like Dyna-D instead of an all at once like Omen, but we'll see.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-29 22:12:29  
Everything ends up used for something else. When they hit 5 HTBC, they will drop special upgrade items for emp.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-29 22:19:50  
Nah they already sorta said it'll be from a new event.

They WILL need to add something to odin/cait/alex/nextetc because they're already dead as *** content though. something worth money, but doesn't take away from dienamis.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-07-29 22:54:52  
Give me another *** wardrobe before the new gear.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-07-29 23:24:43  
I'm just here for the lockstyles.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-07-30 00:01:16  
I am curious what the New Battle Content Difficulty Level will be.. This always plays a small role in determining next set of gear's (Empy AF3+3's) power level and stat increase... Are we due for a major content level difficulty upgrade? Hmmm.. I think we are...

Bring Tanaka back... (MTGA)... Make Tanaka Great Again..
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-30 00:12:23  
Theyre locked into "119" until after emp drops. it has to be in a cycle.

If for some reason thats not the last event ever, then theyre free to jump again.
By Shichishito 2019-07-30 00:31:22  
is the FFXI dev team a fixed group of ppl or is it more like the siberia of SE where'd you only find yourself after you royally fkd up and they want to see you suffer?
By Tarage 2019-07-30 01:07:10  
Except not. The thing is, Summoner has been sitting at 21 seconds for years. The only way we're getting 20 seconds is if they upgrade AF3, which means a new tier of favor on the horn. This SHOULD happen in the 119 timeframe.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-30 01:48:32  
November/December 2019
[+]
By Tarage 2019-07-30 03:02:12  
That would be great if true.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-30 08:05:24  
That lines up with my original expectations as well. Though I'm not confident they stick to that date, they did say they were going to release a new battle content. Judging from the most recent content, I don't expect it to be "new" like Omen, but rather something recycled like Limbus/Vagary/Salvage. As Comeatmebro stated above, everything they make is done for something else, so you can't logically expect them to make a Vagary or Abyssea 2.0 for empyrean because they don't always follow the same lore.

My personal vote is something like Limbus, but a reskin of Voidwatch where everyone gets personal loot would be appealing on a wider scale, job-wise, and wouldn't require any zone modifications besides just new rifts (which, spread across the world, reduces congestion). And I don't think they go into a whole new calendar year without releasing it, but that's just my guess. They have 3 years.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-07-30 08:21:57  
Be nice if it was from iLVL Abyssea. The zones are already coded. To pop NMs, you have to farm the item or KI, and upgrade it from an NPC. That allows an iLVL version to pop. Procs work the same, and grant the same rewards. Atmas become upgraded to more powerful versions, niche weapons and armor can drop. And to get double upgrade items, still need to proc blue.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-30 08:27:11  
That is overly optimistic. Abyssea zones are just huge, too much space for them to fill with stuff. I can't see them doing it with their skeleton crew. I would love for it though, but it's too many things they have to "touch". Instanced zones like Omen are so much easier since they can just plop a bunch of monsters in the zones, put random drops for kills/objectives, and have criteria for accessing certain bosses. One and done.

If they are going to do Abyssea, my vote is they pick 5 previously unused zones and use those specifically for it. Would be a nice new adventure
[+]
By kishr 2019-07-30 08:29:24  
I always felt it would take place in a walk of echoes rehash of the zone paths.
As for what they will do for new additions to making those emp gears more powerful than the +1's, I have no clue.
Remaking walk of echo battles would be way easier than remaking the abyssea zones
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-07-30 08:32:38  
Or how about Dynamis-Beaucedine and Xarcabard.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3