Install To Drive Other Than C

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Install to drive other than C
Install to drive other than C
By Toaster 2019-07-16 02:57:10  
Hey I have a crap travel laptop with 32 gb storage and was wondering if anyone was able to install to an sd card with the new installer. I've been trying, but the new installer won't let me. Gives me an error saying it must be a local hard drive. Any tips?
By Shichishito 2019-07-16 04:51:56  
did you try a portable harddrive instead of a sd card?
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-07-16 06:35:02  
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sd+card+as+local+hard+drive&s=g
By volkom 2019-07-16 08:57:47  
give it the D:
[+]
By Toaster 2019-07-17 02:42:41  

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction...I kept thinking it was a ffxi problem rather than a windows problem. If anyone finds this in a search later, what I tried was to mount the SD card as permanent storage. It didn't work. The new ffxi installer would still compute the required storage to install based on the C: drive even if I selected D: as the target drive. So I ended up creating ISOs of the original installation CDs and installed it with those. The original CDs allowed drive changes. So, I guess maybe your "google it" comment wasn't all that helpful after all. Thanks anyway!
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-07-17 06:56:30  
Toaster said: »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction...I kept thinking it was a ffxi problem rather than a windows problem. If anyone finds this in a search later, what I tried was to mount the SD card as permanent storage. It didn't work. The new ffxi installer would still compute the required storage to install based on the C: drive even if I selected D: as the target drive. So I ended up creating ISOs of the original installation CDs and installed it with those. The original CDs allowed drive changes. So, I guess maybe your "google it" comment wasn't all that helpful after all. Thanks anyway!

Then maybe you should've Googled it first and then stated the actual problem with the installer, not the one where your SD card wasn't being seen as a local drive.
By Toaster 2019-07-17 11:55:01  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Toaster said: »

Then maybe you should've Googled it first and then stated the actual problem with the installer, not the one where your SD card wasn't being seen as a local drive.
Read the op, bro it's right there.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-07-17 11:59:08  
And I posted the solution to an SD card not being read as a local hard drive. I didn't just blindly post the lmgtfy, I actually went through the results to make sure the answer was there and on top.
By Jetackuu 2019-07-17 12:09:02  
Could always install it, move it, and update the registry settings.

But you probably couldn't install it to C:\ anyway, so moot.
By Toaster 2019-07-17 14:09:34  
At any rate, thanks for responding. I got it sorted out. Thank you all for your responses.