Left Ring Ring1 Not Working..

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » left ring ring1 not working..
left ring ring1 not working..
By Mcdougall 2019-07-14 05:25:30  
Should be simple but something isn't working and i cant figure it out... Its not equiping my varar ring +1 in the ring1 spot during abilities... I am usuing pergatory's GS. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-14 05:39:02  
When you use two identical rings the best solution for that is putting one in a different wardrobe. Sometimes the game just can't figure out "oh you have two of the same thing! equip both?!" It tries to use the same ring twice and fails to equip properly.

Don't know if anyone has come up with a better solution than that, but having each in a different wardrobe works great.
By Mcdougall 2019-07-14 06:19:10  
Wow.. that was te easiest fix ever... lol thank you
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-07-14 07:48:36  
It's good to specify the locations in your lua, too:

Code
        ring1={name="Chirich Ring +1", bag="wardrobe3"},
        ring2={name="Chirich Ring +1", bag="wardrobe4"},
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-14 09:37:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Sometimes the game just can't figure out "oh you have two of the same thing! equip both?!" It tries to use the same ring twice and fails to equip properly.

Nah, the packet used to equip gear specifies the slot in inventory that the ring is in. If gearswap doesn't handle that properly, it's a gearswap issue. Ashitacast has no trouble with double rings or earrings, as there is a coded exception to not try to equip the same inv slot on both.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-14 09:57:19  
It's not just a gearswap thing, if you try to do it with vanilla macros it'll fail too.

Don't know if equipsets make it work though (while being in the same bag)
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-14 10:00:32  
equipsets dont work with rostam unless both are in different wardrobes. Itll randomly main hand the one you dont want main handed unless you separate them in the wardrobes. Id assume rings/earring would be the same.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-14 10:09:46  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's not just a gearswap thing, if you try to do it with vanilla macros it'll fail too.

The issue being experienced is a gearswap thing. If vanilla also fails, it's for the same reason.

Neither gearswap nor the game actually sends out '/equip ring1 "Varar Ring +1"', they send out a packet with the equivalent of:
EQUIP [Equipment Slot] [Inventory Slot] [Bag]

(or in the case of equipset, many of these shoved together into a slightly compressed version)

If, on the back end, gearswap were to correctly realize it shouldn't send the same inventory slot for both, it would fix this. It is not a complicated bug, someone should've stepped up ages ago.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-07-14 10:15:25  
Was this an issue that persisted or just something you noticed when editing a file? I've seen it happen with a couple slots (even with repeated //gs enable all etc) only to go back to working fine after a job change.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-07-14 11:26:32  
For me, even putting them in two diff wardrobe didnt fix it 100%. But doing:
Code
ring1={name="Chirich Ring +1", bag="wardrobe3"},

[the rest of your gearset between the 2 rings]

ring2={name="Chirich Ring +1", bag="wardrobe4"},

did fix it.
[+]