2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Legends
Legends
By Shichishito 2019-07-15 02:12:47  
Foxfire said: »
rip bgwiki staff
i always wondered how long this game would last if the wiki and/or ffxiah were gone.
do the JP use ffxiah too or do they have their own version of it?
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-07-15 02:38:34  
These are personal opinions based off the interaction with our vivid Japanese Community on Levithian Server:

• They do have guides out there, but there are a lot of personal blogs and whatnot.

• The approach is different however, it usually stems first from Playonline Official Forum then carries on to personal interpretations. They develop formulas same as EU/US, and more often than not it gets cross-referenced to us in the case we beat them to it.

• They do use FFXIAH, mostly for tracking items they need.

• Playstyle is totally different than us, they prefer group work and specialization over playing/mastering all roles, therefore; the leader must do the research and assign tasks to them. They're not required to go and do research on their own.

• Leaders and strategists usually specialize in Support Jobs and Healing Roles.(attributed to PoV during fight)

• They also use addons and multi - box, but way less than EU/US players. (most of the "good" leaders I played with don't resort to third party tools and they don't expect you to)

[+]
By missdivine 2019-07-15 02:46:07  
OP is just trolling everyone with a new account.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-07-15 03:28:17  
If u dont know how Urtiel lost his a duplus grip or about QPQ ls leader selling their bank to buy a boat and truck then u arent invited to my cookout.
 Asura.Vienner
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2019-07-15 04:28:07  
Phoenix.Erics said: »
If u dont know how Urtiel lost his a duplus grip or about QPQ ls leader selling their bank to buy a boat and truck then u arent invited to my cookout.
Toy boat and truck?
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-07-15 06:36:05  
nah like a couple dozen grands worth of money
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2019-07-15 07:58:47  
By fonewear 2019-07-15 09:42:31  
This thread has potential...to be awful.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-15 10:13:41  
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-15 10:31:28  
ALL HAIL THE LEGENDARY SANDWICH!

[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-15 10:58:50  
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-07-15 13:24:25  
Asura is best server, can confirm.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2019-07-15 18:03:31  
Can't have a thread like this w/o mentioning that dude Kaeko from Odin, and all the things he did for enmity testing. Not to mention a lot of the solo stuff he pulled off with BLM way back in the day.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-07-15 19:50:53  
/em pisses into the wind...

doesn't get wet...

legend
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-07-16 01:45:22  
Phoenix.Erics said: »

tbf if i could sell an LS bank for that much money I'd do it too
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-16 01:48:33  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

really? i always thought you were mr. moral, it's not exactly a life changing amount to throw out your relationships with people you've likely spoken to daily for months (plus it's straight up stealing)
By Shichishito 2019-07-16 02:05:57  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
throw out your relationships with people you've likely spoken to daily for months

stealing aside, online relationships are overrated. you could spend multiple years with a person online and some day they are gone never to be seen again.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-16 02:25:15  
MMO are literally drug addictions. No ones surprised when a crackhead steals from you but you're all amazed when fiends steal banks items and/or characters.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-07-16 02:26:32  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

really? i always thought you were mr. moral, it's not exactly a life changing amount to throw out your relationships with people you've likely spoken to daily for months (plus it's straight up stealing)

I've said multiple times that I'd definitely take the low road if it meant making thousands of dollars off of a video game, this isn't news. Maybe a few years ago when people I actually cared about still played this game I'd have a different answer (maybe some of them still do, don't know tbh).

All RMT is "stealing", but you'd be hard pressed to enforce stealing virtual items from other people as an unlawful action. I'd be more concerned about SE nailing my *** for making $24,000+ off of their game.
By Shichishito 2019-07-16 03:04:32  
it amazes me how long people put up with point systems and LS banks, some shells still do.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-07-16 03:06:53  
I mean, DKP + banks aren't bad ideas. How else are you going to manage loot for 20-60 other people? Most of my LSs generally split the LS bank at the end of the month based on attendance so you got paid for the effort you put in to building the bank, keeping just enough to buy hourglasses, etc.., which I feel is more than fair. Hoarding hundreds of millions of gil on LS mules that never gets used is just asking for trouble and makes no sense to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-16 03:07:24  
Shichishito said: »
it amazes me how long people put up with point systems and LS banks, some shells still do.

You kind of had too.

You can either; make points and everyone is equally miserable

or; new guy just joined, got haidate and said deuces.

Both result in linkshell leaders boyfriend (pretending to be female as mithra) getting the drop/skipping the line either way. The problem was never the system, it's the people running it.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-07-16 03:59:26  
trust based systems in a anonymous environment with basically no reprecussions in case of fraud? its begging to be abused.

i'd much rather rely on random number generator knowing everyone had a fair chance. if you dislike the idea of a new player getting the high value drop on the first day just add a rule that prevents them from looting on those particular drops for a set amount of runs.

the amount of bad stories people can tell about ls banks and point systems are enough evidence that they aren't as good of a idea as they appear to be at first glance.