WS Idle Or WS Engaged

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » WS idle or WS engaged
WS idle or WS engaged
By zigzagzig 2019-06-17 08:23:21  
hi , anyone knows why some WS can be trigged idle , and some only engaged ? ( ex: Resolution > only engaged VS Shockwave idle np }

and if any Rules that can be put in place in Lua...

to avoid Gears change if case of Amnesia ... for both style WS ?

thanks
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-06-17 10:25:24  
You have to be engaged to use any weapon skill. I'm so confused with this post.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-06-17 10:27:01  
Your GS Lua must have some weird rule in it preventing some WSes from going off while idle then. Best to gist or pastebin your Lua for someone to take a look at.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-17 10:27:30  
you actually dont, you can bind or simply type a /ws command to use any WS so long as you are in range to use the WS, such as a ranged WS i can leaden or last stand while being disengaged. Not sure if this applies to self-healing WS but id imagine it does the same
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-06-17 10:31:30  
This is amazing. I think I'll spend the afternoon doing this to make up for years of not knowing this even existed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-17 10:49:22  
Nariont said: »
you actually dont, you can bind or simply type a /ws command to use any WS so long as you are in range to use the WS, such as a ranged WS i can leaden or last stand while being disengaged. Not sure if this applies to self-healing WS but id imagine it does the same

You need to be a lua user to use this feature. If you're using vanilla or standard windower without lua, doesn't work. Probably known by most people but I had to test it out a while ago.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-17 10:56:49  
is that so? Pretty sure did a /ws "Aeolian Edge" <t> on DNC with no lua and that fired off the same as if it was binded, thing is i had to type the whole thing out rather than making a macro, as no, macros will not work for some reason. But maybe im mistaken
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-17 12:12:45  
You might be thinking of shortcuts. Shortcuts addon will work regardless of lua. So /aeolian edge will work, but only while engaged. It'll work in conjunction with an active lua engaged or not but it needs to be set up that way. As far as I'm concerned, there isn't a way to use WS without being engaged and not using lua. Since I don't, I've never been able to WS without being engaged whether I type the command out or the shortcut. Ran into that problem on sealed fate MT.
By zigzagzig 2019-06-17 12:36:46  
you don't need to be Engaged for all WS ( mid boss dyna S Sando , by example )... and after testing i found out than Elemental WS can be trigger Idle , physical need an engaged Status
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-17 12:41:39  
I guess all those fudo's I do in nyzul while idle are actually engaged.
By Nariont 2019-06-17 12:46:52  
without being able to go in and try it myself to confirm, buuki's probably right, long as you got an lua and said lua isnt blocking you for some reason any WS should work
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-05 10:04:40  
I think it's just Gearswap. If Gearswap is loaded you can do it. Don't need to have an actual Lua loaded.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-05 10:46:54  
The game client does not allow you to WS disengaged, with any WS (even self target ones). Gearswap sends packets instead of allowing the WS to go through the game's security checks, so if you have Gearswap loaded you will be able to use any WS while disengaged.

If you are on Ashita, the Shorthand plugin has a setting called 'packetws' which will allow you to WS while disengaged and can be turned off or on.

Standard disclaimer, while I've never heard of anyone being acted upon for it, this is very visible to other players and very easily verified to be cheating if SE were to ever decide they don't like it.
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-05 13:48:46  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The game client does not allow you to WS disengaged, with any WS (even self target ones). Gearswap sends packets instead of allowing the WS to go through the game's security checks, so if you have Gearswap loaded you will be able to use any WS while disengaged.

If you are on Ashita, the Shorthand plugin has a setting called 'packetws' which will allow you to WS while disengaged and can be turned off or on.

Standard disclaimer, while I've never heard of anyone being acted upon for it, this is very visible to other players and very easily verified to be cheating if SE were to ever decide they don't like it.

Dude, you still play?! How many times you quit and come back?

I can't even talk 'cause I've done the same thing. Everybody has. lmao

Everybody comes back.