users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Gear Question
Gear Question
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-06-15 19:46:33  
I've been referring to Prothescar's Guide on and off for the past 8 years or so - I'm very grateful for all the work that has gone into it; wondering how up to date it is, particularly with regards to ambuscade gear and how it fits into Best in Slot now.

Shorter version, I've been lucky to start getting Adhemar gear - is it worth it to make it into +1 versions now?

Also, is it worth it to make a finished Almace?

Thanks for the advice!

Sobi
 Asura.Chaostaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-15 20:37:41  
Bahamut.Sobius said: »
I've been lucky to start getting Adhemar gear - is it worth it to make it into +1 versions now?

Sobi

Yes

Tizona is better. but almace isnt bad
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-06-16 07:32:02  
Thanks for the reply - Given the money and time involved in finishing an Almace, is it better time spent making Tizona (I probably can't make both given the reality of my platime schedule - damn kids and RL)

Part of the reason I ask is that I have a 90 Almace from way back in the day and also play RDM and PLD. I'm using Nageling in the mainhand at the moment - Almace seems to be a good offhand with the incredible DEX boost.

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Bahamut.Sobius said: »
I've been lucky to start getting Adhemar gear - is it worth it to make it into +1 versions now?

Sobi

Yes

Tizona is better. but almace isnt bad
 Asura.Chaostaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-16 07:45:01  
These days most Blu use savage blade, and since that same set also works with expiacion its nice with the tizona. R15 tizona will be best in slot + offhand tp1000 sword for savage blade/expiacion. but if you want to use almace on rdm and pld too, then go for the almace.