Odin HTBF Discussion

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Odin HTBF Discussion
Odin HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4999
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-11 16:46:13  
Discuss workable strategies.

Cleared today with a melee-styled group with several hiccups, but after learning the fight, i would say it is really a cake walk (and pretty fun). Setup was RUN (main) PLD (backup, not really needed) SAM GEO BRD WHM

Basically fight was buff, keep silence on, dispel dread spikes/endark, sam multi-steps as fast as possible until under 50% to force Zantetsuken X. SAM runs out and spam dia or whatever to make him use X. Tank can negate the 1HKO by doing /kneel. Once that move is over, full buff (scherzo probably will help a ton), everyone stack on Odin and SAM repeats the radiance cycle. Everyone should try using a full DT/hybrid for survival purposes, as some of his moves are pretty strong. Scherzo will help since he can use Zantetsuken Kai and other moves. The biggest challenge we found was keeping him silenced, as he gains resistance to it after repeated uses and then it only lands for a few seconds. Under 50%, he's more dangerous since he has access to aoe absorb tp, drainga, aspirga, all of which can cripple the group surrounding him. IF he uses Zan X again, it's over since you won't be prepared for it. So you're really just trying to down him before he gets a chance to use it.


Overall, a very fun fight and i can see this being zerged in 3 minutes with the right setup.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tubby
Posts: 10
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-11 16:59:31  
I have done extensive testing and have successfully beaten this about 10 times now with zero deaths to Zantetsuken. There seems to be a built in anti-trust mechanic to force people to do this with real players. The trick is to stand 1.0-1.5 yalms away from Odin. The damage you take is directly proportional to the distance to Odin, with the decimal x10 being damage taken. For example, at 1.05 yalms you take around 50 damage. At 1.5 yalms you take around 500 damage.

Edit: Also, just FYI, Odin DOES do Zantetsuken at will. There is no set HP% to force it, and no limit to the number of times he can do it.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 4
By Friedrik 2019-06-11 18:40:34  
Carbuncle.Schmutz said: »
The trick is to stand 1.0-1.5 yalms away from Odin. The damage you take is directly proportional to the distance to Odin, with the decimal x10 being damage taken. For example, at 1.05 yalms you take around 50 damage. At 1.5 yalms you take around 500 damage.
As the RUN here I was occasionally taking enormous enspell damage (600+, much higher than usual). This would explain why that was occuring, as on larger mobs I have a habit of unlocking and moving backwards a bit to improve my FoV

Edit: after doing tons of VD runs on RUN I haven't found anything that would suggest that distance is affecting damage
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tubby
Posts: 10
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-11 18:45:10  
Friedrik said: »
As the RUN here I was occasionally taking enormous enspell damage (600+, much higher than usual). This would explain why that was occuring, as on larger mobs I have a habit of unlocking and moving backwards a bit to improve my FoV

I don't think distance has anything to do with Endark damage. He just hits like a truck. It's dispellable, though. He is also extremely susceptible to Paralyze, so bring a RDM.
Offline
Posts: 4
By Friedrik 2019-06-11 18:54:39  
Carbuncle.Schmutz said: »
Friedrik said: »
As the RUN here I was occasionally taking enormous enspell damage (600+, much higher than usual). This would explain why that was occuring, as on larger mobs I have a habit of unlocking and moving backwards a bit to improve my FoV

I don't think distance has anything to do with Endark damage. He just hits like a truck. It's dispellable, though. He is also extremely susceptible to Paralyze, so bring a RDM.
I'd go from taking 50-100 endarks to 600+. Something is affecting the damage, be it a buff or some sort of mechanic. I only noticed the endark damage increase (before it was dispelled) because everything else hit me for very little if it did any damage at all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4999
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-11 20:33:48  
He has an additional attack bonus buff he adds on top on endark. I think that's what was causing the huge jumps. A few times I was dispelling both the attack bonus and then the endark effect
 Asura.Meliorah
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
Posts: 289
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-11 20:39:26  
They probably can't apply the attack buff from endark to npc's the same as they can to pc's so they split it.
Offline
Posts: 2143
By Taint 2019-06-11 21:11:26  
Carbuncle.Schmutz said: »
I have done extensive testing and have successfully beaten this about 10 times now with zero deaths to Zantetsuken. There seems to be a built in anti-trust mechanic to force people to do this with real players. The trick is to stand 1.0-1.5 yalms away from Odin. The damage you take is directly proportional to the distance to Odin, with the decimal x10 being damage taken. For example, at 1.05 yalms you take around 50 damage. At 1.5 yalms you take around 500 damage.

Edit: Also, just FYI, Odin DOES do Zantetsuken at will. There is no set HP% to force it, and no limit to the number of times he can do it.


I've been spamming on VE for fun.

Range doesn't seem to effect ZanX. I was winning easy with BLU (August,KoH,Koru,Sylvie,Ygnas). Expiacion spam.

I swapped to SAM for 5 Steps and ZanX whiped me everytime.

Two theories are zerg speed increases damage dealt or its SC damage. BLU was dropping 40k Expiacions so its probably not kill speed.

Edit: SC damage does not seem to do anything, it was Mighty Guard's def causing the difference in damage.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4999
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-11 21:21:26  
The only time I beat it on VE was as BLU, coincidentally. Spammed CDC and he just went down. Never did Zan once. I have tried the fight as NIN and MNK, and he always wiped me on those jobs. NOt sure if its related, but interesting.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tubby
Posts: 10
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-11 21:36:12  
Taint said: »
I've been spamming on VE for fun.

Range doesn't seem to effect ZanX. I was winning easy with BLU (August,KoH,Koru,Sylvie,Ygnas). Expiacion spam.

I swapped to SAM for 5 Steps and ZanX whiped me everytime.

Two theories are zerg speed increases damage dealt or its SC damage. BLU was dropping 40k Expiacions so its probably not kill speed.

I hate to be "that guy", but your strategy for Very Easy does not apply to this conversation. There is a COLOSSAL jump in difficulty just to from Very Easy to Easy. On harder modes, he will literally spam Zantetsuken back to back several times in a row. And if you wipe and get back up, there's a very good chance he'll open with Zantetsuken again as soon as you engage. He's that kinda ***. With that said, distance absolutely matters. I have tested it in over 20 fights in 3 different difficulties and have not died to Zantetsuken a single time. I even took the time to do several runs at different distances incrementally just to test the distance theory affecting damage taken. Unless I just happened to get luck beyond all calculable imagination and the most coincidental damage taken numbers of all time, I'm gonna go ahead and say this is 100% confirmed.
Offline
Posts: 2143
By Taint 2019-06-11 21:49:24  
Not trying to say VE is VD.

On SAM i tried .5, .8, 1.05, 1.5. All were instant KOs. This was after Reading your post. Before reading your post i still wiped but paid no attention to my distance.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
Posts: 124
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-06-11 21:53:27  
So we did probably 8 VDs yesterday, no weapons at all and only head/body/rings would drop. Today, with a THF mule tagging TH8, we've seen 1 sword and 2 polearms in 6 attempts. It may be worth just throwing a THF mule in if your setup can support it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4999
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-11 22:11:16  
Not sure what distance you did but just tested it and Tank died several times to X.
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tubby
Posts: 10
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-11 22:26:22  
1.05 yalms I took 44 damage.
1.20 yalms I took 205 damage.
1.40 yalms I took 410 damage.

I have screenshots for all 3 of these I wish I could upload, but this site only lets me link them and I'm not gonna upload to another site just to link pics. I would question what your tank is doing wrong. 0.99 is not 1.01 and 1.51 is not 1.49

On a side note, if it matters, I have stayed on the rear quarter on his hind legs every time. If it ain't broke, I'm not fixin it. I just know I'm not dying to Zantetsuken anymore. AAEV didn't die either all 3 of those, and she was facing him directly. I positioned her around 1.2-1.4 yalms.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4999
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-11 22:35:13  
Zantetsuken Kai or Zantetsuken X
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
Posts: 228
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-06-12 02:29:01  
Carbuncle.Schmutz said: »
I'm not gonna upload to another site just to link pics.
FYI it takes less time to upload to Imgur than it does to type our your reluctance to do so. You don't even need an account, just drag/drop on to it.
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tubby
Posts: 10
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-12 02:47:25  
https://imgur.com/lDFek5J
https://imgur.com/xfaAMds
https://imgur.com/ZBrsVH7

There...best I can do for you.
Offline
By Jdove 2019-06-12 02:50:34  
I kinda noticed something on VE when I was soloing it on smn, seems to me if you feed it a bunch of magic damage it will start resisting the magic then if you do physical dmg when the magic is resisted the physical spikes way up ill have to do more testing but maybe have to alternate
Offline
Posts: 339
By kishr 2019-06-12 03:49:01  
I only did it ve on smn so far just for a try,
Just ping pong it back and forth the battlefield with volt strikes.
Volt Odin run other side release, then wait for him to come, volt again and run other side. The battle field timer is 30min so can take your time.
Idk mechanics to the fight but wasn't hard doing it that way.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: DarkdoomG
Posts: 80
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-12 04:11:06  
We started clearing tonight. Raising your defense and lowering his attack makes zantetsuken x do damage instead of being a KO, and hes silenceable.

Hold him til you get silence on, switch to defense buffs, and blow him up. We were using rangers for safety but they ended up just spamming savage the last few runs, hes fairly squishy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-12 06:07:17  
Quote:
In the high-tier battlefield ★A Stygian Pact, the boss monster's resistance against geomancy is set lower than expected.
Offline
Posts: 1460
By geigei 2019-06-12 06:13:06  
I've noticed my coro dmg was the same with or w/o frailty.
 Asura.Meliorah
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
Posts: 289
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-12 07:06:58  
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
We started clearing tonight. Raising your defense and lowering his attack makes zantetsuken x do damage instead of being a KO, and hes silenceable.

Hold him til you get silence on, switch to defense buffs, and blow him up. We were using rangers for safety but they ended up just spamming savage the last few runs, hes fairly squishy.

So what you're saying is bring real dd jobs, okay.
Offline
Posts: 2143
By Taint 2019-06-12 08:32:09  
More VE ZanX.

Made a single Light SC. ZanX wiped 4 trust, myself and August took critical damage.

Made a single distortion SC. ZanX did ~500 damage to the party.

No SC. ZanX does minimal damage.


Edit: SC damage does not seem to do anything, it was Mighty Guard's def causing the difference in damage.
 Asura.Elizabet
Online
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
Posts: 192
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-12 08:44:48  
Taint said: »
No SC. ZanX does minimal damage.

SE: Let's change blm!
Also SE: Make magic SUPER ULTRA BAD on the new Odin HTBF
[+]
Offline
Posts: 753
By FaeQueenCory 2019-06-12 08:51:35  
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
Raising your defense and lowering his attack makes zantetsuken x do damage instead of being a KO
I wonder if that's still how it works after the GEO nerf.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
Posts: 335
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-06-12 08:55:39  
Taint said: »
More VE ZanX.

Made a single Light SC. ZanX wiped 4 trust, myself and August took critical damage.

Made a single distortion SC. ZanX did ~500 damage to the party.

No SC. ZanX does minimal damage.

So spam ws and no sc! Got it, thanks!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4999
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-12 09:20:05  
I mean he dies incredibly fast to a simple summoner volt flaming skillchain. Pup tank, spam sc, once per dies, use second pup to repeat and he's dead. Kind of a joke
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1460
By geigei 2019-06-12 09:22:43  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
So spam ws and no sc! Got it, thanks!
When we spammed last stand dmg was down to 1k per ws.
First Page 2 3 4 5
Log in to post.