users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Unable to obtain Bronze Shovel Cordon KI
Unable to obtain Bronze Shovel Cordon KI
 Asura.Monchou
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-28 12:03:36  
I'm running into an issue where I can't get the bronze shovel KI.

I do have the bronze mattock KI, the two ivory talismons and I just finished triple checking my completed quests and coalitions against the BG wiki page.

I am only missing the Legendary rank/quests in Peacekeepers and the "provide" coalitions from the Couriers' - although these aren't listed as a requirement for the Bronze Shovel (provide quests aren't even available any more). The only Adoulin quest I show open is my Geo WS trial.

I've pulled up a few older threads where people had a similar issue, but they just resolved it by completing quests they were missing (quests I've already done).

So at this point I'm a bit lost on where to turn. Has anyone else run into this recently and found a way around it? Am I missing something super obvious?
 Phoenix.Baelwulf
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelwulf
By Phoenix.Baelwulf 2019-05-28 12:22:54  
I forget the name but there's an NPC up standing in front of one of the houses along the main concourse in front of the Castle Gates in Eastern Adoulin. I believe it's the NW house.

Even though my quest with that NPC (I think it was female) was marked complete in my quest log I had to wait an additional game day and talk to her in order to finish off my Adoulin stuff and start the Ygnas Directives.

Edit: I believe the NPC is Chellidoine?
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-28 12:31:22  
I just double-checked with him, but he's back to giving me just normal NPC banter and Reja still isn't giving up the KI.

Thank you for the suggestion though :)
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-05-28 13:36:17  
And you've completed all of these too?

Empty Nest
Grind to Sawdust
To Catch a Predator
Twitherym Dust
I'm on a Boat
Orobon Appetit
Poisoning the Well
Unsullied Lands
A Geothermal Expedition
A Stone's Throw Away
No Rime Like the Present
Boiling Over
Don't Clam Up on Me Now
Hop to It
The Whole Place Is Abuzz

Getting the silver talisman for completing these Adoulin Quests is required to receive the shovel.

This bit you may already know... however check this page

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reja_Ygridhi

See if there's anything you failed to do above those quests like reclearing any of the WKR bosses.

Besides that if you're going for Arciela/Ygnas Directives, you'll have to do literally all of those quests regardless, so you could see if that's what's holding you up.

Frankly I'd redouble/triple/quadruple check you got every last quest, because missing even one of them will make it impossible to continue.
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-28 14:04:40  
I copied every quest from Reja's page (not just the Bronze Shovel reqs) and checked them off as I went through my completed quests in game. They were all completed. :X

The only items I don't have fully completed are the 6 Wildskeeper Reives and Legendary Rank in all Coalitions (Just missing legendary in Peacekeepers - but should be done in a few days). But neither of these are showing as required for the Bronze Shovel step (unless that changed?).

I guess my next step may be to contact a GM, although I've never had to contact them for this type of support before - no idea what they can or can't see in game.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-05-28 15:31:05  
Asura.Monchou said: »
I copied every quest from Reja's page (not just the Bronze Shovel reqs) and checked them off as I went through my completed quests in game. They were all completed. :X

The only items I don't have fully completed are the 6 Wildskeeper Reives and Legendary Rank in all Coalitions (Just missing legendary in Peacekeepers - but should be done in a few days). But neither of these are showing as required for the Bronze Shovel step (unless that changed?).

I guess my next step may be to contact a GM, although I've never had to contact them for this type of support before - no idea what they can or can't see in game.

Sorry didn't mean to be a wet blanket, I ran into the same problem, but in my case after checking a few times I realised I actually had missed just one. Though I also imagine there may be a limit to how quickly you can get them if you just dumped like 50+ imprims at once... hadn't thought of that, but the page doesn't mention anything like that afaik.
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-28 15:48:25  
Asura.Byrne said: »
Asura.Monchou said: »

Sorry didn't mean to be a wet blanket, I ran into the same problem, but in my case after checking a few times I realised I actually had missed just one. Though I also imagine there may be a limit to how quickly you can get them if you just dumped like 50+ imprims at once... hadn't thought of that, but the page doesn't mention anything like that afaik.

You're good :) I may do another full check this afternoon once I'm done with work before placing that GM call, but the last run-through was really thorough and so I don't think I'll find anything there :(

Fingers crossed though!
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-05-28 17:49:57  
Try beating all the naakuals then rechecking.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-28 18:03:18  
If you have the bronze mattock but can't get the bronze shovel, you missed a coalition assignment.

Go through the completed quests and verify the missed one.

Quote:
Completing 67 unique Coalition Assignments at any rank (excluding Provide: assignments for the Couriers' Coalition) rewards you with the Bronze mattock cordon and 10,000 Bayld.
Completing all Coalition Assignments up to and including the Advisor rank (excluding Provide: assignments for the Couriers' Coalition), rewards you with the Bronze shovel cordon and 20,000 Bayld.
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-28 18:42:22  
I just finished another check a bit ago. This time I used the Wikia pages just in case there was a discrepancy somehow between BG and Wikia.

But yeah, the only two I'm missing ATM are the legendary rank from Peacekeeper's and the "Provide" missions from Couriers' (these are no longer attainable and aren't required).

For quests I'm just missing some RUN/GEO AF quests (also not required).

I had actually thought about waiting to test again after clearing all the Naakuls like Lockfort mentioned, but neither site has this mentioned for the bronze shovel. If the GM can't sort out anything, that would probably be my last guess.

But yeah, I do have a GM call placed ATM. If they figure this out, I'll post the update just in case anyone else runs into this (and hopefully it's not because I missed an incredibly obvious step.. >> ).

Thank you all for the suggestions, I do appreciate the time :)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-28 18:51:37  
GM isn't gonna tell you anything. Literally.

At best they'll say post a bug, which is pointless.

When I did it I made a notepad with every possible COA and deleted them as I did them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-28 18:53:03  
It's likely Mog Garden

Quote:
Note: You must have earned an Ivory wing talisman as well as the 10,000 Kinetic Units reward for completing quests inside the city of Adoulin to obtain the Bronze shovel.

Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-28 19:32:07  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
GM isn't gonna tell you anything. Literally.

At best they'll say post a bug, which is pointless.

When I did it I made a notepad with every possible COA and deleted them as I did them.

Yeahhh, talking with them right now. X: I'm not overly optimistic at this point (currently asking for modem info). lol

The last two times I've checked, I've copied the full Coalition / Quest list from the webpages into notepad and then deleted the items as I found them on my completed list. Mog Garden is definitely done.

The other day I tried to transfer back to Asura, but I had to call a GM for help as my characters just didn't move at all. I wonder if I'm buggy or if that's even possible :X

But yeah, if this goes nowhere, I'll just try and finish up the Nakuuls and see if that triggers anything.

Edit: They're passing it along to the dev team and recommended I try reinstalling the game for the time being.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-05-28 20:51:37  
It's likely Mog Garden

Quote:
Note: You must have earned an Ivory wing talisman as well as the 10,000 Kinetic Units reward for completing quests inside the city of Adoulin to obtain the Bronze shovel.

Yeah, I couldn't explain it very well... This part is also required and most people get all the shovels pretty much all at once since the MG stuff is required. It had been a while since I had done it so I didn't remember clearly.
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-29 00:15:54  
Welp, I just checked everything again, and I don't appear to be missing anything.

I do also have the Ivory wing Talismans that are required (have 2 actually). I don't believe anything else is required for this particular KI.

So I guess I'm just going to finish up those two missing legendary quests in a few days, and see if I can snag the 3 missing Naakual. Maybe something isn't quite accurate on the wiki?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-29 00:17:49  
I don't see any of the mog garden in those pix
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-29 00:18:17  
I don't see any of the mog garden in those pix

They're in the top picture, bottom right.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-29 00:19:29  
Yeah when you click you lose the right side, sorry!
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-29 00:21:28  
Yeah when you click you lose the right side, sorry!

lol, all good! I kinda butchered the pictures... I'm not too handy with MSpaint. I was really wanting something I could actually LOOK at and compare, and this was the easiest way to do it for me. :X

I feel like I've been looking at these lists all night that I could be missing something obvious. I don't think I am, but the eyes are tired.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-29 00:36:13  
You have all 6 naakul checked off and turned in. What does Reja say when clicked.
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-29 00:39:37  
You have all 6 naakul checked off and turned in. What does REja say when clicked.

I only have 3 completed ATM, but per BG wiki & Wikia, that isn't needed for the Bronze and Silver mattock/shovel items. For the Golden Shovel, yes.

I do already have the Bronze Mattack KI.

When I talk to her, she just gives a normal NPC message - something about going out and doing more work (not in game ATM).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-29 00:41:57  
I would just go kill those 3 WKR broski. It's campaign and they're all actively being killed. (except yumcocks because *** that tree)

It's likelypossible you're getting held up because she hasn't given rewards for killing them.
 Asura.Monchou
By Asura.Monchou 2019-05-29 00:49:01  
I would just go kill those 3 WKR broski. It's campaign and they're all actively being killed. (except yumcocks because *** that tree)

It's likelypossible you're getting held up because she hasn't given rewards for killing them.

Ooooh I didn't know there was a campaign ATM for those! I'll have to see if I can snag them soon. Yumcax is one that I still need, but maybe I'll get lucky.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [201 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
サーバ: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2019-12-16 09:14:38  
Were you every able to find a solution cause now I'm stuck at the 10,000 achievement path and I don't want to start next quest line if she is not rewarding me for finishing this one.