フォーラム » FFXI » General » Could be the inevitable sparks nerf soon
Could be the inevitable sparks nerf soon
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-17 15:41:18  
Quote:
There’s also a method to shut down the ways they accumulate money, but this would affect normal players as well, so we’re discussing the matter on a regular basis with the Development team to see what would be the most effective way to take. Please understand that we can’t go into details, as if we do that, it’ll just notify the RMT what we’re doing. No matter what measures we take, it ends up being a game of cat-and-mouse, but we’ll continue our efforts.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55414-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-45-Digest?p=615882#post615882
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-05-17 15:44:19  
Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted...
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 15:46:26  
Long overdue. Years in fact.

Still totally 50/50 it's literally a coin flip.

Remove the ability to NPC anything! That'll solve all the problems.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2019-05-17 16:09:55  
Just Cap Sparks, Cap omen Bots staying 24/24 for months , is that hard ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2019-05-17 16:12:30  
People still care about Bots lol they are a part of the experience you would miss them if they were gone
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-05-17 16:13:12  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Remove the ability to NPC anything! That'll solve all the problems.
They will have to pair that with 1.1m crafting materials dropping from some sort of repeatable content; otherwise gil will quickly dry up.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 16:18:15  
Reasonbly certain that if they removed all ability to sell to npc it would still take a long *** time to balance back out.

The 1.1m items exist because they needed a gil sink. (which let's be honest completely fails to do that) Remove the gil, you don't need the sink.

For some perspective, a single sparkbot creates 10m every single day (not counting Gain-Money!*)and spends zero of it on "gil sinks". How many bots run every day? How many active players buy and "sink" the gil? Pretty big disparity.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-05-17 16:36:55  
Then the problem becomes what is a good way for returning players on a new account to make Gil or your casual player to make Gil as well. Obviously, there are many more ways to make Gil for someone that has multiple jobs with multiple RMEAs already, so the sparks nerf wouldn’t really affect them to any serious degree.

If they simply implement a cap to the amount of Gil you earn by selling to an NPC on a per day basis, that is less than the 10m referenced above, it will significantly reduce the amount RMT produce without any serious side effects to the average real player base.

Cap it at like 3mil per real day. Doubt there is many people that rely on much more than 3mil npc Gil per day, outside of gain exp.

At this level, the financial part of the equation for RMT running sparks probably don’t equate to a profit, or much of a profit that is. They would be forced to find some other simple but bottable activity that crap lvl 99 DRGs could do.

/edit as an after thought, due to the reduced supply of Gil and with demand either relatively flat or increased slightly, prices would theoretically go up, making the financial equation still roughly the same as it is today. unless there is still other major ways of Gil being brought into RMT/broker’s hands that can keep supply relatively the same.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-05-17 16:39:44  
oh look it's THIS thread again...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 16:43:37  
That's what I would do. Put a limit on it. That's the proper solution.

Cap once a day then your roe shuts off. No real player should be wasting their life legitimately farming to cap multiple times daily.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-05-17 16:56:47  
No real player should be wasting their life legitimately farming to cap multiple times daily.

...and yet here we are.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-05-17 18:35:36  
Ultimately, however you reduce NPC Gil generation prices will rise to the point where sellers can still turn a worthwhile profit. It's an industry and you can't shut it down. The question then turns to whether or not restrictions to Gil generation will improve the play experience of the average player. I really don't know.

The weird thing to me is that people are multi-box botting for an actual living on Asura. Why wouldn't you *** off to like Carbuncle or something where nobody will ever see you?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 19:04:24  
No customers on dead servers

Go to bot on carb, lose $30 every time someone buys. Stay on assura. keep that money. It's really not worth to lose $30 to sell $50 unless you're also trafficking goods between servers while you do it. that's far too much effort.
By fonewear 2019-05-17 19:11:33  
In before the RMT / bots are actually SE.

And all the companies that sell gil are actually owned by SE.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-17 19:20:17  
Reasonbly certain that if they removed all ability to sell to npc it would still take a long *** time to balance back out.

The 1.1m items exist because they needed a gil sink. (which let's be honest completely fails to do that) Remove the gil, you don't need the sink.

For some perspective, a single sparkbot creates 10m every single day (not counting Gain-Money!*)and spends zero of it on "gil sinks". How many bots run every day? How many active players buy and "sink" the gil? Pretty big disparity.

We need a math bot to create a program to do the math !
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-05-18 09:39:01  

Go to bot on carb, lose $30 every time someone buys. Stay on assura. keep that money. It's really not worth to lose $30 to sell $50 unless you're also trafficking goods between servers while you do it. that's far too much effort.

Huh. I figured people just sold to middleman sites and let them worry about finding buyers.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-05-18 09:58:09  
Killing off Gain EXP and nerfing the gains for the 500+ dmg objective would slow things down a lot.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-05-18 10:18:39  
The prices on asura are already horrible I can just imagine them if they capped sparks gain
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-05-18 11:01:06  
You're all forgetting that during the Exp Monthly Campaigns you can CAP sparks in less then 30 minutes in Zi'tah. On smaller servers, you can farm a lot of gil per week with the Gain Exp method. So putting a Cap on it would certainly hurt players that rely on it as a primary source of income, not including RMT bots or the Drg armies.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-18 11:11:22  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Huh. I figured people just sold to middleman sites and let them worry about finding buyers.
Nope. ALOT of people (on asura at least) advertise on middleman sites and sell themselves whilst the middleman sites get a very small % of the transaction. in short you make more irl money that way vs selling directly to middlemen. but also more risk. I wouldn't be surprised if most the merc shouts you see are gil sellers lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-18 13:04:54  
Meh, haven't had a need for sparks in nearly 2 years. I know some people who thrive off it and would literally fall over and die because they don't know how to actually make gil other than sparks.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-18 13:21:30  
nerf the sparks, prizepowders are better anyway
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-20 08:42:30  
Problem is nerfing how RMTs get gil just nerfs how the average player also makes gil, which would in turn make more people buy gil given their time is now worth even less than it was before, and the RMT are running a surplus.

You arent going to kill RMT by making obtaining gil harder, they provide a service to people for real money who can get money faster than they can gil. If you want to kill RMT, youd need to rebalance things so obtaining rema/high end gear doesnt take 40-500m. If the average player can obtain it themselves in a reasonable time within playing 2 hours a day, then youll see RMT drop off.

I doubt anyone would actually want that though, so here we are.
[+]
 Odin.Andryy
サーバ: Odin
user: Majour
By Odin.Andryy 2019-05-20 09:09:31  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Problem is nerfing how RMTs get gil just nerfs how the average player also makes gil, which would in turn make more people buy gil given their time is now worth even less than it was before, and the RMT are running a surplus.

You arent going to kill RMT by making obtaining gil harder, they provide a service to people for real money who can get money faster than they can gil. If you want to kill RMT, youd need to rebalance things so obtaining rema/high end gear doesnt take 40-500m. If the average player can obtain it themselves in a reasonable time within playing 2 hours a day, then youll see RMT drop off.

I doubt anyone would actually want that though, so here we are.

My thoughts, exactly.

But history shows each and every RMT countermeasure SE cooked up ended in hurting the regular player base a whole lot more, while it was always only a matter of a couple of days at most until RMT found new ways to circumvent said countermeasures. Which just makes it more likely SE will actually go through with this.

The only way to effectively reduce RMT is to reduce the obvious demand for it. Certainly not to INCREASE demand by removing shields for sparks.

Honestly, armies of RMT in all low tier CP zones are a nuisance, but most of the time I can simply ignore them, or sometimes even have some fun messing around with their bots.

Nuking my steady income would affect me much more than dozens of anon BST roaming Boyahda Tree...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-05-20 14:58:41  
I would think we woud want to maintain many ways to make gil.

anything low level player can do, a bot can do. I don't see this as something that needs fixing.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-20 16:15:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I would think we woud want to maintain many ways to make gil.

anything low level player can do, a bot can do. I don't see this as something that needs fixing.

Anything a high end player can do, an RMT can do. Its not a coincidence that most endgame LSs in the 75 cap era were all run by RMTs. This just isnt a solution so long as you want there to be a lengthy grind, because to a large portion of the population the time spent at work is better than the time spent in game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-20 16:23:12  
RMT is always going to exist. Not a damn thing you can do about it.

It's just that sparks and accolades make it "too" easy. You literally don't have to do anything. You could make money just poking level 1 mobs forever. (not good money, but free money) It's why they can't have training dummies. You'd setup 500 damage and afk till capped. No bot required. (qutrub)

I mean... gil is going for 50 cents a mil. it's too easy to get. (and there's nothing new to buy over the past year)

Make less ***mercable, lose players. Make gil harder to get, lose players. Lower the annoyance/luck, lose players. Can't win.
By Shichishito 2019-05-20 16:29:41  
cap everyones gil is the obvious solution to stop gil sellers.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-05-20 16:48:58  
17 years going and RMT are still here. What's even the point of trying to stop it anymore? Why bother? It's not like they get in the way of anyone like they used to.
First Page 2