Making A Community Party/Alliance Strategy Guide?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Making a Community Party/Alliance Strategy Guide?
Making a Community Party/Alliance Strategy Guide?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-05-13 05:35:54  
I dusted off my Monk this last weekend to play around on. I haven't updated it since I came back to the game in 2015.

I beat up some Apex Eruca for a bit, having fun with the different abilities. I decided to review Ruaumoko's Monk Guide and Addendum videos.

In those videos he talks about how Monk has had a reputation as the worst Melee class and why that may be. I agree with his ideas about that, and I found it really interesting how he showcased how effective a Subtle blow strategy can be.

These ideas were not new to me. I watched these videos months ago. But I got to thinking what Subtle blow focused party might be. How could use use a unique party setup and how might it work on different content?

What if the party looked like this:
Ninja
Monk
Dancer
Bard
Geomancer
Scholar

How might this party tackle the different content now?

I have long enjoyed using Pet strategies. I'm rather familiar with how they apply to many different fights.

Ejiin has showcased in his videos (through multiboxing) what I think the current 'Meta' favors: Run tank, max support with brd,cor,geo, and Heavy DPS class tackles alot of content.

One of the most fun and engaging aspects of Final Fantasy XI is the variety and flexibility in how you can play it. How you can tackle different fights.

However, the complexity also creates barriers of communication in my opinion.

I think a solution could be a Community Collaborative guide which organizes and describes the Different Strategies ans party setups. Then how these different strategies approach different content. It could at least be a tool for sharing different strategies. However I also hope it could broaden the community perspective.

There are several jobs that I think players often just don't know what to do with in different setups. If we had more strategies as common dialogue, perhaps it would be easier to add segments in a job guide how a specific job could work in each different strategy.

I'm hoping some other players in the community will post on this thread the strategies that they've most enjoyed and how the party setups might work. the Pros and cons of them.

I'll try to put a Pet strategy post up.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-05-13 05:38:33  
Reserving a spot to edit
[+]