New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » (Divergence) Volte Armor
(Divergence) Volte Armor
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-29 15:25:03  
You'll never get the augments you want during DM on the specific piece of gear you want, ever. Rotate your gear/pieces and just take whatever "oooh" piece you get. I spent about three dozen rolls on Herculean Vest, hoping to get WS+x% and i got qa+2 wsd+2 total >_>; Imagine all the other augments I could have gotten if I didn't have my mind made up on what I wanted to see.
 Bismarck.Crollion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Crolion
By Bismarck.Crollion 2019-04-29 16:48:18  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
SimonSes said: »
Nice looking forward to it, as I have feet and it would be a useful info for me.

I would like to go just slightly offtopic, but still with Volte in mind. This thread came in right moment for me, because 2 days ago I started planning how I can get Windurst Volte pieces. I want some of those pieces for DRK MEVA hybrid TP set. I triobox dynamis, but I only farm Wave 1 and only in Sandoria and Jeuno. Bg wiki says Volte can drop from Wave 1 NMs but every person I asked havent actually seen any drops from wave 1. Windurst looks kinda good for farming wave 2 NMs, because it has easy access to many red eye statues and afaik they only pop single NM from single statue on wave 2, but on the other hand NMs has doom which is not nice. Also probably the best trio to farm NMs for me would be THF, COR and BRD. COR would help with Wave 1 boss and one shot some statues to avoid links. I would use Trust tank for NMs and keep hate on him as much as possible with Trick Attack WS+SC and I would probably use BRD and THF to make SC with Mordant>Evisceration to kill NMs. Any suggestions?

Windy can instantly skip to the wave 1 boss, there are only 3-4 statues you NEED to clear before you can get to him. THF can evasion tank wave 1 boss, just accomplice the COR after a couple leaden salutes. Technically THF can evasion tank all of Dynamis, as I evasion tank the wave 2 boss and wave 3 mobs. Main issue you'll have is Doom, but it IS possible for it to miss, so if your trust WHM is having issues removing it, you can try THF/RUN and using a higher meva melee set and use dark carol + lux runes and just tank on THF.

Would love to see some sets and buffs/etc to just know how your eva tanking the wave 2 boss. No offence but how are you holding hate? Is this a you solo with mules scenario or in a full setup going for a clear?
By Tarage 2019-04-29 17:40:34  
I'd love Volte Doublet just for the quick MP regain.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-29 18:16:21  
Bismarck.Crollion said: »
Nice looking forward to it, as I have feet and it would be a useful info for me.

I would like to go just slightly offtopic, but still with Volte in mind. This thread came in right moment for me, because 2 days ago I started planning how I can get Windurst Volte pieces. I want some of those pieces for DRK MEVA hybrid TP set. I triobox dynamis, but I only farm Wave 1 and only in Sandoria and Jeuno. Bg wiki says Volte can drop from Wave 1 NMs but every person I asked havent actually seen any drops from wave 1. Windurst looks kinda good for farming wave 2 NMs, because it has easy access to many red eye statues and afaik they only pop single NM from single statue on wave 2, but on the other hand NMs has doom which is not nice. Also probably the best trio to farm NMs for me would be THF, COR and BRD. COR would help with Wave 1 boss and one shot some statues to avoid links. I would use Trust tank for NMs and keep hate on him as much as possible with Trick Attack WS+SC and I would probably use BRD and THF to make SC with Mordant>Evisceration to kill NMs. Any suggestions?

Windy can instantly skip to the wave 1 boss, there are only 3-4 statues you NEED to clear before you can get to him. THF can evasion tank wave 1 boss, just accomplice the COR after a couple leaden salutes. Technically THF can evasion tank all of Dynamis, as I evasion tank the wave 2 boss and wave 3 mobs. Main issue you'll have is Doom, but it IS possible for it to miss, so if your trust WHM is having issues removing it, you can try THF/RUN and using a higher meva melee set and use dark carol + lux runes and just tank on THF.

Would love to see some sets and buffs/etc to just know how your eva tanking the wave 2 boss. No offence but how are you holding hate? Is this a you solo with mules scenario or in a full setup going for a clear?

I've done it a couple setups. First time was just YOLO and sure didn't think it was going to be possible, only other DD was a COR, we were each triboxing, so neither was focusing hard on DD to start. I had SV Mambo (just one, IIRC) and my TP set was heavily Turms+1 and Raetic+1 bangles. Likely with Ashera harness and Moonlight rings for some DT/HP. I have a path C gandring and Nibiru Knife for +149 evasion in the weapon slot, though once I landed Blind II I swapped to Twash/taming and I kept evading just fine.

I'm a bit iffy on EXACTLY which pieces I use because I have multiple evasion-related sets and some of them keep things like Relic+3 head and AF+3 legs, and some stick to Turms+1. The biggest thing with Evasion tanking in 2019 FFXI is it's vastly more from buffs and weapon than gear. You can get an extra 10-20 per slot using Turms+1 over JSE+3, but SV Dragonfoe Mambo at full potency is 272 evasion, which is an absurd amount.

When I mentioned tanking wave 3 mobs, basically I could AOE pull in a full evasion idle set and supertank mobs, but it becomes quite riskier if I attempt to DD. It's made me wonder how viable evasion tanking could be in other scenarios, like if RUN can pull it off, or maybe if automaton could, but I don't know where automaton's base evasion is. They'd be the ideal if they can reach 1400+ evasion in content, as they can also have PDT and more HP than anyone while in an "evasion set".
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-29 20:05:25  
This is the first instance in 3 years of playing this game again that I’ve seen any sort of first hand talk on Evasion tanking. Sounds super interesting, not gonna lie.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-04-29 20:15:57  
Huh. I'd thought eva tanking was just dead. It seemed like monsters just had far too much acc to really evade anymore.

Oh, I wonder if it's partly because of that major mob combat skill nerf they did? The one that made all things melee so much more feasible.

In any case it's interesting to hear that it's actually viable now.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-29 20:23:19  
It never wasn't viable, just highly impractical. No one is really ever going to stack acc- and eva+ buffs to make it work.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-29 20:44:51  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Huh. I'd thought eva tanking was just dead. It seemed like monsters just had far too much acc to really evade anymore.

Oh, I wonder if it's partly because of that major mob combat skill nerf they did? The one that made all things melee so much more feasible.

In any case it's interesting to hear that it's actually viable now.

That, combined with the stats on su3/JSE+3 (turms set for sure, all 3 jobs on it have evasion bonus traits) as well as the BRD buff. Mambo got +2 from su3 and then +4 all songs for Mambo, when the 2nd tier of Mambo gets +7 evasion per +1 song(14 during SV). If I go all out on evasion buffs a THF can break 2k evasion. And the assumption would be mob accuracy is similar to mob evasion, so if 1700~ generally caps accuracy on everything, it should take around 1700~ evasion to cap on everything. Though to note...Albumen seems higher than that. I've tried twice (read: two pops total, months apart) to evasion Albumen, but I think I need to start the fight with PD just to get some hate generation as hate gets wonky right from the start and I'm too lazy to repeatedly attempt it and bother my friend to come sing for me.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It never wasn't viable, just highly impractical. No one is really ever going to stack acc- and eva+ buffs to make it work.

This is fairly accurate. It's quite hard to use a proper weapon and have evasion and accuracy to be viable for things. But it's a neat lowman tactic nonetheless. I have a couple Evasion capes from Ambuscade, one full evasion (+20 AGI, +20 evasion from thread?, +10 from dye and then resin has another +15) and one with the resin augment as +5% parry rate. Turms boots being the BiS evasion with +5 parry rate also helps things. My THF/RUN should be at 22% parrying between the Inquartata (7), base rate(5), and gear*(5 cape, 5 boots), though I haven't tested to confirm that all stacks properly.

That said, on content that isn't super high content level, it's not terribly difficult to make a more hybrid style setup. My buddy always tries to keep 5 songs up through Dynamis runs and usually defaults to madrigal, but as a THF I sure don't need it, so sometimes I bug him to keep Mambo on me. This makes an evasion toggle for emergency PDT just as viable for me.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-29 23:41:27  
I feel like everyone wants to clear everything ASAP most of the time and that is part of the current Meta but I LOVE learning different Strats to utilize for fun. Defensive focus is hardly ever talked about.

We got a Sandy Volte Beret tonight! Went to a new LS member as
Free-lot. We spent 1/4 the run in wave1 the jumped to wave2 farming mode. We only cleared half the NMs but were pumped to see something drop.

Anyone have Zone by Zone clear Strats? Other than just the normal “use your best” type of focus? We are working with about 10 people right now with a solid mix of jobs. Using ranged magical atm. Struggling to clear wave 1 and 2 on same run. If we run straight to wave 2 we can clear all Nm.

How do y’all manage Volte drops?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-29 23:46:56  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
I feel like everyone wants to clear everything ASAP most of the time and that is part of the current Meta but I LOVE learning different Strats to utilize for fun. Defensive focus is hardly ever talked about.

We got a Sandy Volte Beret tonight! Went to a new LS member as
Free-lot. We spent 1/4 the run in wave1 the jumped to wave2 farming mode. We only cleared half the NMs but were pumped to see something drop.

Anyone have Zone by Zone clear Strats? Other than just the normal “use your best” type of focus? We are working with about 10 people right now with a solid mix of jobs. Using ranged magical atm. Struggling to clear wave 1 and 2 on same run. If we run straight to wave 2 we can clear all Nm.

How do y’all manage Volte drops?

The key to Dynamis is buff stacking. Every DD should have BRD, GEO and COR buffs, as well as proper gear/food. The enemies have absurdly high attack and defense compared to any other content, so only tricked out 2h DD will be overcapped with those buffs, and everyone else needs all those buffs to maximize damage.

I just had a bit of a LS split over going after Volte drops, we split off into smaller groups, and that's the most efficient way to handle it. My friend and I each tribox and we can clear all wave 1+2 NM's in Windy like this, and if we don't have a 3rd or 4th person with us, that makes drops a pretty easy decision, seeing how my buddy plays WAR/DRK/PLD, and I do not.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-30 09:28:50  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
can test in Voidwatch easily enough.

it adds 1% for each th you have in your results.

so nobody checked this?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-30 14:07:35  
this makes me realize something...the difference between how SE sees "situational" gear and how we do. There's so little truly rare things in game any more. No more Drings, no more Ridills, no more Ebodies (you get the analogy). Everything outside of about a dozen things are obtainable with enough time and grinding. And those dozen or so things have very similar equivalents that are relatively easy to obtain.

The things I see these days as truly rare are just these volte pieces and omen bodies. And none of these Volte pieces are truly game-breaking as we've been discussing. All the omen bodies have similar pieces that can just almost be their equals. DT on a shamash robe? Mallquis Robe+2. Crit rate and ranged stats on a Nisroch jerkin? Mummu jacket+2. No, neither of the substitutes will carry the same balance of stats, but allow you to get "close".

We see these super-rare drops as trophy pieces to keep striving for when they're just not necessary for any game content. SE sees them as random goodies to add to content that we do for the reliable drops (in omen, the accessories; in dyna-D, the shards/etc) and just enjoy the random bonus of a super-rare drop...never really intending for us to farm those.

Little did they know we'd go psycho over what they viewed as extras. Or maybe they did, and count on that super-rare carrot to keep us around while they drip content out for us slower than an IV.
By SimonSes 2019-04-30 14:10:44  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
And none of these Volte pieces are truly game-breaking

Windurst set is game breaking. It's the only high meva set for war and pld and only one for DRK that doesnt come with DT+ and on top of that it comes with high DA and PDT/MDT. Nothing is even close.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-30 14:16:13  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
And none of these Volte pieces are truly game-breaking

Windurst set is game breaking. It's the only high meva set for war and pld and only one for DRK that doesnt come with DT+ and on top of that it comes with high DA and PDT/MDT. Nothing is even close.

definite gap in my analysis. appreciate it.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-04-30 16:24:09  
I think Square-Enix has taken this approach 100% intentionally.

I think they are trying to increase revenue from their existing subs.

Want faster cards/more chances at omen bodies/more detritus? Make another character on the same account to do more omen.

Want more dynamis farming/chance at volte? Make additional characters on same account to get around the lock out.

Want more trove BCs. Make additional characters.

Want more Gil from Ambuscade? Make additional characters.

Want to make the most of the A.M.A.N. Validator? Make more characters on same account.

I understand why they are doing it, but a long term way to work towards rare drops would be welcome instead of playing you vs random number generator forever.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-30 16:25:53  
The number one goal is keep you paying. Carrot needs to be just far enough away so that you keep trying to bite but never get it without giving up. until they have time to setup a tastier carrot.

Delicate balance and the same distance doesn't work for everyone. *it also doesn't work on people with more money than brains, they can bypass the carrot but won't quit anyway so there's no reason to need to entice them.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-05-02 19:07:17  
When I mentioned tanking wave 3 mobs, basically I could AOE pull in a full evasion idle set and supertank mobs, but it becomes quite riskier if I attempt to DD. It's made me wonder how viable evasion tanking could be in other scenarios, like if RUN can pull it off, or maybe if automaton could, but I don't know where automaton's base evasion is. They'd be the ideal if they can reach 1400+ evasion in content, as they can also have PDT and more HP than anyone while in an "evasion set".

I'm not sure how much base evasion the automaton gets, but based on doing a lot of pet tanking in non-evasion focused gear/attachments, I can't imagine it's much above floored on anything of consequence.

There are several problems with attempting automaton evasion tanking:

1) There is very little great automaton evasion gear. Taeon set is the only practical choice, with up to Pet: Evasion +25 per piece (and can also have Pet: DT-4% on each). Otherwise, Isa Belt gives another Eva+10. That's about it, and doesn't seem sufficient to make puppets that evasive on anything that matters.

2) If tanking, you're pretty much locked into 1 fire and 1 light maneuver. Ideally, rocking 2 fire as much as possible for enmity purposes. That only leaves 1 free maneuver for Wind/evasion attachments.

3) Attachments add a fairly mediocre amount of evasion.
*Accelerator IV: +30/45/60/80 Eva with 0/1/2/3 maneuvers
*Accelerator III: +20/35/40/50 Eva with 0/1/2/3 maneuvers

As noted above, you're really not going to be able to reliably use more than 1 Wind Maneuver, so we're looking at base attachment evasion of Eva+80. Optic Fiber I+II should be used, and at 1 light maneuver will give 50% boost, for a grand total of Eva+120 from all attachments assuming a Wind/Light/Fire maneuver setup, Accelerator III+IV, and Optic Fiber I+II.

4) BRD and COR buffs offer nothing for puppet evasion. And like you said, Mambo is apparently pretty darn potent for players. For puppets, you're looking at GEO Indi-Slip (Acc- debuff) on the mob, maybe Blind, and that's about it.

So, from gear (let's say 4/5 perfect Taeon, Isa Belt, and Anwig Salade) and all attachments, we're only looking at something in the neighborhood of Eva+230 in addition to base stats, no COR/BRD buffs, and maybe Blind and Geo Acc- on the mob. Like I said, IDK where we really land based on base automaton stats... but it seems unlikely to me to be viable to pump up evasion for puppets enough to work.

Caveat that perhaps under Overdrive it's more of a possibility, but then we're relying on use of a 1hr for a short fight.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-05-02 21:06:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
can test in Voidwatch easily enough.

it adds 1% for each th you have in your results.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-02 21:55:54  
Thats for testing.
 Asura.Roughwind
user: roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2019-05-04 03:27:00  
Hello everyone, was wondering if anyone could share Dynamis Wave 2 boss strat(low man) , i also reached out to LadyofHonor in pm and thought maybe everyone could benifit from this. I have been farming volte gear low man for the past 3 runs and so far i guess ive been lucky to get an avg of 1 piece per run. My issue is with the Yagudo boss, preparing buffs for a low man pt whos main source of dmg was from Run/sam and sam/war wasnt like when we were killing with my group n there was enough dps. I dont think im short in Dps im just sure im doing something wrong in preparing for buffs. Available support i have access to are 1 idris geo, 2 rema bards and 1 rostam25C roll cor only. I am open to hear out everyones opinion on what i should keep in mind when attempting this again.

Also maybe i should mention buffs i used:
-Bard: HM/Vmarch/2x Mad/3x Minuet/2 Wind Carol/Scherzo
-Geo: Geo Frailty , Indi Fury Enrust Attune(meva)
-Cor: Sam/Chaos
-Whm: Wind based buffs etc

I should also mention that i used my brds to spam dispels, but still died once from doom and twice from dread spikes cuz sam couldnt turn back in time. He had much more buffs on him like warcry/evasion boost/ and somehow a march haste he maybe absorbed. All failed attempts were in the last 10-19% of his Hp.

Sorry for long text/ typos (using phone at work) appreciate your opinions and Thank you.
By kishr 2019-05-04 06:49:19  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Hope that helps you Roughwind.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-05-04 14:22:54  
Use full break with full magic accuracy equipment. Your RUN can do it with Hepatizon Axe. If you land all the effects you can potentially prevent:

Evasion/Defense. From Parry. (parry is normally def but log says evasion in Windurst-D so i'm not 100% sure which it is)
Attack bonus from Warcry.
Evasion bonus and Regen from Riposte.
Attack bonus (50%) and Regain from Guttural Roar.

You probably don't need 2x Wind carol. 1 SV wind carol and 1 SV lightning carol is probably enough. Barthundra for stun may be better than Baraera but probably situational.

I tend to use Honor March/Blade Madrigal/Sword Madrigal/Wind Carol/Lightning Carol/Minuet5/Minuet4/Scherzo/MinneV/Victory March with Soul Voice.

Note* Tier1 Carols not Tier 2.

The goal is for everyone to survive and maintain those buffs into wave 3. These buffs are using fury/chaos/sam too though and are probably overkill but are good for wave3.

SV wind threnody II to ensure at least full break's def down lands and to make it easier to silence it.

Double stacking GEO would make it a lot easier so you can have Frailty/Wilt and Fury/Barrier. No method of lowering attack or raising defense is risky when it's probably a DRK with attack traits, can boost it's own attack and can Mighty Strikes as well. Attunement probably not necessary.

Make sure everyone keeps an eye on their equipment. It can take off weapons and kill DPS.

You probably want to make sure your Damage dealers are using different weapon skills to avoid cumulative damage resistance.

Watch dread spikes on pull and if silence wears. I think it's immune to dispel so if it does buff itself or steal a buff with absorb-Attri make sure to remove it with finale.
[+]
 Asura.Roughwind
user: roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2019-05-04 14:47:05  
Thanks for your feedback (Loh/Kishr/Reain) i managed to kill wave2 boss no drops sadly, Got Volte Brayettes though making me at 3/5. Bogging Geo langour/ indi focus -> spammed silence on geo till immonubreak a few times till it landed. We switched Geo frailty to Geo Barrier/ indi-fury / entrust meva and the rest was too easy.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-05-05 19:06:45  
Sylph.Reain said: »
Use full break with full magic accuracy equipment. Your RUN can do it with Hepatizon Axe. If you land all the effects you can potentially prevent:

Evasion/Defense. From Parry. (parry is normally def but log says evasion in Windurst-D so i'm not 100% sure which it is)
Attack bonus from Warcry.
Evasion bonus and Regen from Riposte.
Attack bonus (50%) and Regain from Guttural Roar.

I've only ever seen Full Break override defense buffs, still very useful since it's one less thing to dispel. Maybe it works for Riposte, I never really paid attention to that one since it dies so fast and we have Distract3 on anyway which probably overrides. Never seen it work to override warcry on Halphas, but very useful to stop his def buff and get the warcrys off easier which can be deadly with him only having haste/atk buff possible.