users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Can someone recommend a BRD.lua that supports DPS
Can someone recommend a BRD.lua that supports DPS
 Asura.Tyrath
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dkj9765
By Asura.Tyrath 2019-04-25 18:17:02  
I am not sure who's BRD.lua I started with. It uses MOTE.lua files. Its also possible I removed/edited something that broke my ability to DPS using this lua. What I currently have works just fine for casting songs, but what I would like is something that when I engage it equips my DPS gear/DPS Daggers. I also want it to lock those daggers while engaged so I don't loose my TP. Is there a newer lua someone recommends that I could start over with.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-25 20:01:50  
If the lua is using motes, just include the proper sets.
Code
sets.engaged = {}
sets.engaged.PDT = {}

For disabling your equipping/disabling daggers while engaged you just do a simple check on status change.
Code
function job_status_change(new_status, old_status)
  if new_status == 'Engaged' then 
    disable('main', 'sub')
    equip({ main="Twashtar", sub="Aeneas" })
  else 
    enable('main', 'sub')
    equip({ main="Carnwenhan", sub="Ammurapi Shield" })
  end
end

Be warned: This code was written from memory and not tested whatsoever. If it works, yay, if not write your own

There are FAR more elegant solutions, but they all require building your lua around it.
 Asura.Tyrath
user: dkj9765
By Asura.Tyrath 2019-05-01 12:14:05  
Shozokui, thank you for your reply. I tried for a few more days to get my old lua to work using your suggestions. However I was not able to make any progress.

I made the move to Selindrile's Gearswap last night, and OMG it is everything I ever wanted and more. I can cast my songs, dps, lock my weapons, idle, and it even equips my movement speed boots when I start to run. I highly recommend this for anyone having trouble.

https://github.com/Selindrile/GearSwap

the readme explains how to set it up. I had very little trouble. Thank You All.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-01 12:48:37  
Asura.Tyrath said: »
Shozokui, thank you for your reply. I tried for a few more days to get my old lua to work using your suggestions. However I was not able to make any progress.

I made the move to Selindrile's Gearswap last night, and OMG it is everything I ever wanted and more. I can cast my songs, dps, lock my weapons, idle, and it even equips my movement speed boots when I start to run. I highly recommend this for anyone having trouble.

https://github.com/Selindrile/GearSwap

the readme explains how to set it up. I had very little trouble. Thank You All.
+1 Selindrile not only is awesome on functionality, but he has them for all 22 jobs, so they are consistent with functions and operation across jobs.