フォーラム » FFXI » General » Solo jobs, specifically PUP vs BST
Solo jobs, specifically PUP vs BST
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-04-05 16:17:57  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
IIRC it was 6 mil to straight out buy all the attachments for pup. probably 7 mil after the last Pupdate

not terrible really.
~11 mil for absolutely everything ~8 mil for just everything from Rararoon.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-05 19:35:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
IIRC it was 6 mil to straight out buy all the attachments for pup. probably 7 mil after the last Pupdate

not terrible really.

Speak for yourself. Unless you bot 5 accounts during gain xp, gil is not easy to come by. And given OP doesnt have blu spells nor bst geared, unlikely op is rolling in the gil.
By Afania 2019-04-06 12:09:30  
Asura.Sirris said: »
Problem with corsair is that it's squishy, if you can't SC it down with Leaden then you have run out of options.

This is false, actually. Cor solo isnt all about leaden zerg all things, the job has more survivability tool than you give credit for: gallant roll, magus roll, runeist roll and ranged attack all improve survivability significantly. Nevermind 48% DT in every set if you use trust cor for 4 rolls.

Cor solos thing differently from pet jobs and blu, and it requires the use of different strategy, that doesnt mean its bad at solo. It means you cant copy and paste whatever you see from a blu bst pup solo video and do the same on cor.
 Phoenix.Faloun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2019-04-06 12:16:25  
Afania said: »
Problem with corsair is that it's squishy, if you can't SC it down with Leaden then you have run out of options.

This is false, actually. Cor solo isnt all about leaden zerg all things, the job has more survivability tool than you give credit for: gallant roll, magus roll, runeist roll and ranged attack all improve survivability significantly. Nevermind 48% DT in every set if you use trust cor for 4 rolls.

Cor solos thing differently from pet jobs and blu, and it requires the use of different strategy, that doesnt mean its bad at solo. It means you cant copy and paste whatever you see from a blu bst pup solo video and do the same on cor.

This guy is right.
For example, Naphula main problem as cor is that he can one shot you with his spells, if you only use zerg rolls.
When you switch to magus/runeist roll, this fight is really easy, a little longer than using dps rolls, but a safe and easy fight.

And a lot of rolls are available, so think about them. (another example, if a fight is easy, but your trust whm runs out of mp, just use an evoker rolls to avoid that, etc...)
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-06 12:21:36  
Phoenix.Faloun said: »

This guy is right.
For example, Naphula main problem as cor is that he can one shot you with his spells, if you only use zerg rolls.
When you switch to magus/runeist roll, this fight is really easy, a little longer than using dps rolls, but a safe and easy fight.

And a lot of rolls are available, so think about them. (another example, if a fight is easy, but your trust whm runs out of mp, just use an evoker rolls to avoid that, etc...)

Yes, or you can use 2x defensive rolls on trusts, run out, use DD roll on yourself and do ranged attack. That way you get 2 DD rolls on yourself and trust has defensive rolls so they wont die.

Cor simply dont solo like blu run bst pup. The use of Ranged attack and defensive rolls for harder nm are part of it and unique to the job.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-04-06 12:28:42  

I guess? To be honest I play COR on my alt for convenience to down things quicker on my pet jobs, I'd never solo on the job. I haven't seen videos of corsair solo'ing serious stuff like I've seen on PUP and BST. That doesn't mean it can't be done, maybe, but I think I'll stick with what I know. The automaton is far tougher than any player, let alone a Trust tank. Makes stuff like VD HTBF or 135 UNM pretty straightforward, especially now with the gear and attachments that we have available to us. BLU SCH RUN and SMN are also up there with regards to soloing, each having a different go-to strat, but each effective in its own way.

You should post some videos of corsair solos. Being able to do ranged damage sounds workable, defensive rolls, etc.
By Afania 2019-04-06 19:06:28  

I guess? To be honest I play COR on my alt for convenience to down things quicker on my pet jobs, I'd never solo on the job. I haven't seen videos of corsair solo'ing serious stuff like I've seen on PUP and BST. That doesn't mean it can't be done, maybe, but I think I'll stick with what I know. The automaton is far tougher than any player, let alone a Trust tank. Makes stuff like VD HTBF or 135 UNM pretty straightforward, especially now with the gear and attachments that we have available to us. BLU SCH RUN and SMN are also up there with regards to soloing, each having a different go-to strat, but each effective in its own way.

You should post some videos of corsair solos. Being able to do ranged damage sounds workable, defensive rolls, etc.

Well yeah, pet job would be the easiest since you can just make pet engage and not worry about the rest.

Cor isnt too bad compare with rest of the DD though, cor/mage can just shoot and -na/cure trusts on the same time with evokers roll on, something many other melee dd cant do.

There arent many people thats into cor solo videos, except maybe Faloun and me, and we both didnt post them too frenquent. I guess thats why you dont see a lot of them.