言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » 100,000,000+ Queue Contest
100,000,000+ Queue Contest
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Luminiferous 2019-04-04 13:31:17  
Don't forget that Legion also shares the same areas as Ambuscade, which with people now spamming Hall of Mul for Pulse weapons probably increases wait time too, for both content.

It's far too late now, but they should have made Selbina the Volume 2 area and Mhaura Volume 1, or whatever. Or, each level of difficulty could have used unused zone instances (WotG batlefields).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 13:33:34  
While it is true that if people decide to group up instead of solo then the line lengths will decrease, the inverse is also true: players who ordinarily would spread out their ambuscade throughout the month will now be more focused on getting it done daily, else you miss the bonus.

Perhaps groups team up for one run and then disband, barely affecting (or improving) congestion. For that, we will have to wait and see. But for an already crowded server, this campaign can't possibly improve wait times. If anything, it will stay steadily busy throughout the month.

Now you can make a case that SE's thinking behind the event is to have broad, spaced out frequency rather than infrequent chunks with Ambuscade, which overall will quicken the time it takes to cap Gallantry, leaving time towards the end for people to catch up. At that point, the Gallantry bonus won't help anyone who's capped, so it will certainly clear up. For every server not Asura, that sounds like a grand idea. For that I agree with. But if that's the case, then I would have to go back to Eiryl's point about complaining about "Asura problems", which is moot. In practice, I'm doubtful people will cap Gallantry any faster with the wait times possibly extending.

If they truly cared anything about the biggest server, they could not have envisioned this event would reduce wait times, just by looking at the way it is implemented. There's definitely other ways to address crowding concerns vs an event that encourages everyone to participate in it frequently.
By Tarage 2019-04-04 13:37:08  
Literally only an Asura problem. Don't like it? Switch *** servers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 13:40:54  
Maybe if it gets bad enough, people will. In which case, I will applaud SE's master plan.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 13:42:39  
Tarage said: »
Literally only an Asura problem. Don't like it? Switch *** servers.

You offering to pay?

Problem would solve itself if square wasn't purposely making it worse to take extra money from server transfers.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 13:50:53  
They are making money whichever way you slice it.

Server transfers? Pay up
Multibox? Pay up
Mules (extra inventory space, aman trove rolls, bonanza rolls)? Pay up
Wardrobes? Pay up
Single Character? lol can't do what 5x char can do, lol enjoy the grind. (player falls behind, makes more characters or spends insane time in game to catch up;time=money)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 14:00:17  
We've gone(been) full pay2win and all they had to do was let it get bad enough to happen organically instead of announcing it.
By Pilipinoboi 2019-04-04 14:29:38  
All these people with the "Asura Problems" responses are the same people who get mules or mains INTO Asura to buy -1/rare gear, get stuff merc'd for them, resell and profit via /yell/AH and whatever else their dead *** server can't give them.

They transfer back afterwards of course and flex on the other plebes who hasn't server transferred yet because now they're "geared."

The true responses we should be getting is; "Thank you Asura."
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-04 14:32:11  
Pilipinoboi said: »
All these people with the "Asura Problems" responses are the same people who get mules or mains INTO Asura to buy -1/rare gear, get stuff merc'd for them, resell and profit via /yell/AH and whatever else their dead *** server can't give them.

They transfer back afterwards of course and flex on the other plebes who hasn't server transferred yet because now they're "geared."

The only reason Asura has a higher volume of things available is because of years of people spamming 'JOIN ASURA' every time someone asked where to return. It isn't because Asura players are any better or Asura as a server is helping anything.

If not for that, we'd probably have 16 servers with decent populations instead of 1. All the congregation on Asura just causes people on other servers to quit when faced with the decision of abandoning their friends or dealing with low population.

So no, nobody should be thanking Asura. Asura is probably the worst thing that's happened to the game as a whole in the last decade.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 14:34:02  
You're both right. In that regard.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-04 14:38:38  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They are making money whichever way you slice it.

Server transfers? Pay up
Multibox? Pay up
Mules (extra inventory space, aman trove rolls, bonanza rolls)? Pay up
Wardrobes? Pay up
Single Character? lol can't do what 5x char can do, lol enjoy the grind. (player falls behind, makes more characters or spends insane time in game to catch up;time=money)

Sucks, I resisted buying wardrobes for two years but I caved when it seemed evident my defiance wasn’t going to win me any inventory space. Sticking to one character and one server is trying enough, I need the space...
[+]
 Odin.Archaide
サーバ: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-04-04 14:48:17  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

The only reason Asura has a higher volume of things available is because of years of people spamming 'JOIN ASURA' every time someone asked where to return. It isn't because Asura players are any better or Asura as a server is helping anything.

If not for that, we'd probably have 16 servers with decent populations instead of 1. All the congregation on Asura just causes people on other servers to quit when faced with the decision of abandoning their friends or dealing with low population.

So no, nobody should be thanking Asura. Asura is probably the worst thing that's happened to the game as a whole in the last decade.

I’ve been on Odin for over 2 years now and love it. I quite often read the Asura posts to get a good chuckle and I truely believe the struggle is real lol.
Odin is a perfect size community, you can still go out and farm abyssea or have a ??? In reisen to yourself at any time of the day. There are many very helpful linkshells, some for new players and some for experienced. My shell as an example has 8 people and we join up with another shell to new content as it comes out then revert back to just the 8 of us. The JP dominate the morning times which is great because you can play at any time of the day and find people. The server is just big enough that I meet quite a few new people but see a lot of the same people as well.
Anyway to your topic, just because it’s the highest populated server that doesn’t mean it’s for everyone. The drama and *** that comes with all mmo’s nowadays is on Odin as well but I’d say it’s about 75% less than on asura. So come to Odin! Just don’t bring any *** with you and you’ll find it’s quite nice over here.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-04 15:15:12  
They should have closed assura years ago.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-04-04 15:25:10  

It's not JUST returnees. Back when I used to play on Odin a number of years ago, there was a good sized trickle of people that were frustrated with how empty the server was getting on its own, and naturally transferred to Asura when they got fed up with it. I did the same.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-04 15:26:56  
Every topic ffxi related always comes back to Asura. Love it hate it...always Asura.

I could go back to my old dead server no lines for Ambu and no one to team up with for Ambu.
[+]
By Pilipinoboi 2019-04-04 15:32:14  
Drama only exists if you partake in it lol. Only "problem" I've had when I transferred over was my blist won't accept anymore names from auto blisting names the second an idiotic yell/troll war begins lol.

Other than that, moving over has been beneficial in terms of reconnecting with friends who transferred out of Phoenix first, benefiting from the market and doing things at a faster rate than I ever could have had I chosen to "martyr" out my playing days by staying on Phoenix.

All I'm saying is, the "bad rep" Asura has been seemingly infamous for stems more from the ignorance of the people who haven't been on Asura themselves. If they have been one of the transfers and paid to "merc all the things" they just wanna exaggerate their experiences to be cool.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2019-04-04 16:15:00  
Chimerawizard said: »
Free server transfers, only if you're on Asura + remove ability to server transfer to Asura.

If they did this, the supply of everything on not-asura would dwindle to nothing and cause too much damage to the population before it had a chance to even things out.

It's too far gone at this point. What they really need to do is merge AHs. Then, the people who are too dumb/toxic/annoying will stay on asura for the flood of PUG and everyone with a good group won't care.
ahhh merged AH's would be glorious!!
[+]
By zaxtiss 2019-04-04 16:16:31  
DaneBlood said: »
Asura.Meliorah said: »
But then all we would be left with is Runescape because no one here is going to play XIV or Maplestory

Reported for language...
i take it you don't like runescape?
 Asura.Grievance
user: ringly
By Asura.Grievance 2019-04-04 16:29:28  
OMFG, my drink just came out of my nose. You have my vote sir!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-04-04 17:01:37  

Thanks Obama Asura
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2019-04-04 17:31:21  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ambuscade queue is unacceptable. If you start a new thread on the OF complaining about the queue you've got a chance to win 100m.

I don't really care what you put, or what you say (try not to swear, they'll just ban you). Your thread will almost certainly get deleted. Suggest fixes. Simply complain. Whatever you chose. Quote yourself and post it into this thread.

Most upvotes on OF wins 50m and most upvotes on AH.com wins 50m. It doesn't matter if you get the upvotes due to comedy. logic. or you just say I only posted this to take eiryl's money. as long as you *** about the queue.

In addition to that, whoever posts the screenshot of the longest queue in their thread gets 25m. (anyone can enter, you can make a mule on assura and screenshot the line as a level 1).

If more than 100 different people create a thread about it, I'll double the prizes.

Contest starts immediately. Contest Ends / Winner(s) declared the day after may update. I will post screenshots of me trading winners money.

Recap;

lul is there anyone still on quetz? does the population get into triple digits?

Lulz
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-04-04 18:59:10  
Maybe the *** can make some new content for a lot of the playerbase that isn't heavily time gated, so players actually had ***to do beyond create 70 pages of waiting.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 19:05:36  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Maybe the *** can make some new content for a lot of the playerbase that isn't heavily time gated, so players actually had ***to do beyond create 70 pages of waiting.

Not if they don't start complaining about it instead of just taking it up the *** with a grin.

I'm offering TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION GIL. For something you should already be doing.

Two people posted.

Square has no reason to do a damn thing until the people that pay the subs start complaining.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-04-04 19:14:38  
clearlyamule said: »
Meanwhile they sell you fast passes to shorter lines
incoming $2-$5 a month option for priority ambuscade access that sets aside a few of the total instances available to be used only for pass holders, which makes the lines for non holders even longer.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-04-04 19:15:36  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

Not if they don't start complaining about it instead of just taking it up the *** with a grin.

I'm offering TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION GIL. For something you should already be doing.

Two people posted.

Square has no reason to do a damn thing until the people that pay the subs start complaining.
I feel the ASCII penis is really the only thing you could need.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 19:22:58  
Yeah it's funny. But that's not how you get a companies attention. And they already deleted the thread. so. yeah.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-04-04 19:45:15  
I'd do it if I hadn't gotten banned years ago for telling someone their opinion was, in fact, an opinion.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-04-04 19:53:19  
I heard someone got banned for questioning why a 15 year old game (at the time) was still full price on the OF. The worst part is that even if it wasnt true.. its believable.
By Cupbot 2019-04-04 19:57:32  
Take the Odinpill
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-04-04 20:24:14  
Yeah it's funny. But that's not how you get a companies attention. And they already deleted the thread. so. yeah.
They don't care. Glad I could clear that up for you.

If anything they made an unintentional timesink to keep people playing. Please enjoy.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7