Ambuscade Weapon's Ratings?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Ambuscade weapon's ratings?
Ambuscade weapon's ratings?
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-03-30 16:52:34  
I thought I'd just ask if someone kinda knows the ratings. I'm currently not playing but been checking posts, thinking of coming back to do a relic / buy some hq abj's since they dropped price. I normal play solo but someones can get a couple friends to revisit the game. I mainly play blu, pup, nin, and sch since solo, but also like thf for farming stuff, and cor cause my other jobs can't hit my LS damage epeen number's.
Kinda looking for a overall rating like.
S tier: Shining One, Dolichenus
A tier: Tauret, Naegling
etc.

Relic wise I was kinda thinking of Apoc since my main had it, but lost that account and loved it. Maybe Rag but I never really been a fan of GS.Or Kikoku since I really like nin but my damage seems alot lower then just going blu. Or maybe Spharai. I had 99Verethragna on my main during abyssea and really loved it. I liked that Verethragna was really good before the def/counter stance nerf. Or maybe even.. Excalibur since I have Ageis/Ochain on this account already but pld kill speed is really slow compare to other's.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-30 17:30:14  
Here's what you want.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-03-30 20:50:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Here's what you want.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Nice, thank you.

So it's safe to save that sword is better on war vs axe under low(trust buffs?)
 Asura.Esoj
By Asura.Esoj 2019-03-30 21:11:05  
Tempted in coming back to check these out :p

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-30 21:30:51  
Not that i'm surprised given its asura but Iv noticed with several Asurans that they think that some of these weapons are BIS for every job that can use them and they just aren't. Had 1 PUG leader pass on a R15 Masamune sam for a shining one sam, and another pug leader pass on a R15 Trish drg for a shining one drg, while on the flipside pass on a Naeg SB cor for a Fomal Last Stand only cor. I know eventually it'll become common knowledge where they stand but right now geez.

Need posts like this to become more popular so the word spreads.
By Afania 2019-03-30 22:02:24  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Not that i'm surprised given its asura but Iv noticed with several Asurans that they think that some of these weapons are BIS for every job that can use them and they just aren't. Had 1 PUG leader pass on a R15 Masamune sam for a shining one sam, and another pug leader pass on a R15 Trish drg for a shining one drg, while on the flipside pass on a Naeg SB cor for a Fomal Last Stand only cor. I know eventually it'll become common knowledge where they stand but right now geez.

It's not like weapons are the only thing ever matter when it comes to picking a DD anyways. It's not quite an incorrect choice to pass R15 masa for shining one if leader actually know them and make decision based on overall performance or personal traits.

For example, I'd personally pick a shining one SAM/shining one DRG/last stand cor that won't rage quit ambu over 1 fail over whoever has better gear but has a rep of rage quitting/unwilling to work with team and waste pt time to reform.

So really, weapon doesn't matter nearly as much as people think. All of them are fine unless you are fighting something resists piercing 95%.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-31 00:51:05  
Been said loads but polearm is very strong.
Sword and dagger combo for leaden is unmatchable also outside su5.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-31 01:12:47  
Afania said: »
So really, weapon doesn't matter nearly as much as people think.

Been fun watching flavor-of-the-month wielders hitting the floor against Tonberries en masse.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-03-31 01:57:54  
The polearm is really great for high-TP WS spam. The rest are, in general, good non-RMEA options but it depends. Dagger is good and sword is good. Both of those can be used by multiple jobs, particularly COR which has only ranged REMA options outside of Rostam. For other "jobs/roles that matter" in endgame, bow is red mage's BiS macc piece by a vast margin.

I have katana and H2H fully-upgraded Ambu weapons. They are also good but kinda situational and they don't displace REMA hierarchy. S-E did a great job overall with these weapons. They occupy a space between REMA and non-REMA options. Lots of accuracy and boosts to quested WS.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-31 10:42:28  
Afania said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »

It's not like weapons are the only thing ever matter when it comes to picking a DD anyways. It's not quite an incorrect choice to pass R15 masa for shining one if leader actually know them and make decision based on overall performance or personal traits.

For example, I'd personally pick a shining one SAM/shining one DRG/last stand cor that won't rage quit ambu over 1 fail over whoever has better gear but has a rep of rage quitting/unwilling to work with team and waste pt time to reform.

So really, weapon doesn't matter nearly as much as people think. All of them are fine unless you are fighting something resists piercing 95%.

Im not saying R15 ONLY or gtfo, Im saying theres some confusion on where these weapons stand, As some leaders sole reason for there decisions are based on which weapon is stronger. which is dumb but at least let it be dumb for the right reason
[+]
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-03-31 12:53:31  
So shining one sam would be a great option w/ trust buffs?
Just looking for something that could maybe take on some of the escha nm's that I haven't done.

Keep in mind solo/trust.
Escha - Zi'Tah, already killed all.
Escha - Ru'Ann, everything but AA's(never tried any)/Gods/Warder of Courage.
Reisenjima - Did all tier 1's, but haven't tried T2+ since not being able to solo enter Incursion for coffer's.

I already have 2 Pulse weapons and kinda wanna grab the sword, so the other is still kinda up in the air for me. If I'm just over valuing them maybe I'll do h2h kinda got that itch to play mnk again. Al tho I wonder if a R0 Spharai would be a better solo option.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-31 12:59:33  
Spharai is a fantastic solo choice. Every counter may be the difference between life and death with a trust healer.

Prioritize the weapon you'll actually get use out of. Who cares how good shining one is if you hate sam/war/drg and will only use it once or twice a month.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-31 13:05:33  
Why use spharai when joltbis vastly cheaper and does just as good?
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2019-03-31 13:15:19  
Asura.Topace said: »
Because you want to. It's a game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-31 13:16:49  
Asura.Topace said: »

Because he already has them
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-31 13:29:57  
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Just looking for something that could maybe take on some of the escha nm's that I haven't done.

Keep in mind solo/trust.
Reisenjima - Did all tier 1's, but haven't tried T2+ since not being able to solo enter Incursion for coffer's.

I already have 2 Pulse weapons and kinda wanna grab the sword, so the other is still kinda up in the air for me. If I'm just over valuing them maybe I'll do h2h kinda got that itch to play mnk again. Al tho I wonder if a R0 Spharai would be a better solo option.

If you play the jobs that use it often then yea shining one is a great choice. Its right below R15 masamune on sam and prolly BIS weapon on war (not totally sure tho)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-31 18:36:24  
R0 spharai are significantly better than jolt, for damage overall. Counter rate is similar but spharai is still the better weapon. I wish people would stop spreading that lie.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-31 19:15:11  
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »

Keep in mind solo/trust.

Are you looking for a weapon to use solo or in a party just spamming ws's? If you can reliably do multi-step skillchains, shining one quickly drops below GK options, especially below doji. Granted, shining one is much easier to obtain.