フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Surviving Quetzalcoatl
Surviving Quetzalcoatl
 Odin.Ehleni
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2019-03-29 03:21:28  
Hey everyone!

I got a quick and simple question, how do you survive Domain Invasion's Quetzalcoatl??

If the zone has plenty of people it's fine but when I'm alone with duo or triple boxer, I die a lot.

I go as NIN/DNC with my trusts up. But I keep getting slept from the AoE and unable to heal myself. I thought of getting poison potions to wake up but my trusts keeps removing it xD.

I also got the jobs: BRD, BST, WHM, THF. Are any of these better?
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-03-29 03:28:20  
Odin.Ehleni said: »
Hey everyone!

I got a quick and simple question, how do you survive Domain Invasion's Quetzalcoatl??

If the zone has plenty of people it's fine but when I'm alone with duo or triple boxer, I die a lot.

I go as NIN/DNC with my trusts up. But I keep getting slept from the AoE and unable to heal myself. I thought of getting poison potions to wake up but my trusts keeps removing it xD.

Use Yoran or Ygnas as WHM (I use Ygnas AND Cherukiki).

If you spam ws you will get aggro. A lot of ppl stand on his hiney to avoid sleep, and just have trusts heal through it.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-29 03:34:18  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Hey everyone!

Use Yoran or Ygnas as WHM (I use Ygnas AND Cherukiki).

If you spam ws you will get aggro. A lot of ppl stand on his hiney to avoid sleep, and just have trusts heal through it.
Shh let the padawan learn the obvious. That’s a bad Negan.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-29 05:36:53  
Odin.Drakenv said: »

yeah, if someone asks an honest question, you can't give them good advice. you need to give snark and mockery.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-29 05:57:56  
See whish trust is casting it and don't use that trust....
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2019-03-29 06:03:11  
My trusts also suffer a lot from the AoE move even flail hurts them a lot. I will give it some more tries. Perhaps it's my gear that needs an update. I have not played in 2 years and have 119 AF1/2 gear. Getting some Ambuscade gear it probably the first step. :)
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-03-29 06:27:12  
Vorseals will make a big difference for your trusts surviving. Try and get all you can if you have enough silt to. Make sure to rezone if they wear off to reapply them. They last 1 or 2 hours depending on zone blessing.

Already said but Yoran-oran or Ygnas are good for resisting sleep and silence. A way to remove silence on trusts will help too. The silencega is dangerous, especially if you don't realize they are silenced.

Crit hits are superb for farming beads. Make sure Lilisette II is one of your trusts for Rousing samba and it will give her ~90% crit hit rate and increase yours. Your trust's actions count towards your evaluations.

Other trusts to consider depending on situation:
Selh'teus. His TP cure can heal you while silenced and will hit everyone around you.
Shikaree Z. Will do Ancient Circle.
Areuhat. If the dragon is dying fast her blood rage is useful to help you get capped beads.

Ninja is a great job for farming beads from dragons. If you are Su3 or higher the kendatsuba set is fantastic. High magic evasion for resisting sleep and high crit hit rate for evaluations. Innin for more crits from behind. If no one is doing an attack down WS you can use aisha: ichi as well. Mummu armor is also good for capping evaluations quickly if you don't want or can't use kenda .

If you use Divine waltz targeting one of your trust it will wake other people's trusts too.

Leveling up your trusts https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Marjory, Gifts and Mog Garden monster rearing cheers will help too.

But ultimately the biggest thing will be a GEO. GEO debuffs make dragons so much easier to do.
[+]
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2019-03-29 07:50:15  
Wow these are really great tips!

I can also see that there are a few trusts that I'm missing and Ygnas will surely take some time to get. Will get that started today. :)

Then I will continue to use NIN/DNC but I will upgrade my gear to Kendatsuba first and start working on Mumma. I have never done Ambuscade but planning on trying that out later tonight.

I will also fix my macros a bit in order to quickly run Divine Waltz on my trusts.

Leveling up my trusts are also very interesting. Will check that out. :)

Thanks everyone for the help so far!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-29 07:53:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »

yeah, if someone asks an honest question, you can't give them good advice. you need to give snark and mockery.
I can make fun of negan all I want mister “I need drakes attention” :p
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-03-29 08:16:31  
Then I will continue to use NIN/DNC but I will upgrade my gear to Kendatsuba first

Just bear in mind that you need su3 to be able to equip it which means having spent 500 job points on ninja.
 Asura.Inuyushi
サーバ: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2019-03-29 09:20:07  
I prefer to go RDM/DNC and fighting on the tail. The DNC sub is just for Divine Waltz and Healing Waltz when silenced. Fully buffed with Barpetrify and Barstone, there's nothing that really hurts me. The only killer is getting drawn in after back to back flails and immediately being hit with terror and full dispel sucks, but leaving autofollow on him helps. Sadly I'm on Asura and Quetz bots rule the day, so it's rare to solo Quetz nowadays.
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2019-03-29 09:44:09  
Sylph.Reain said: »
Then I will continue to use NIN/DNC but I will upgrade my gear to Kendatsuba first

Just bear in mind that you need su3 to be able to equip it which means having spent 500 job points on ninja.

Hahah yeah I saw that when checking out that set and I have only spent 3 points so far. I've had a hard time gaining these before. Finding a party for it would be awesome but I'm not sure how welcome a 2 year old NIN would be :p
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-29 11:15:16  
I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer fighting Quetz from behind and forcing Spike Flail, especially when I'm on ninja. My shadows will always protect me, but trusts will be vulnerable. My trust setup is usually something like:
Selt'eus (for Rejuvenation) or Iroha II
AAEV for additional healing
Cherukiki
Sylvie
King of Hearts (for Haste 2)
and one extra trust, usually Nashmeira II.

Fighting from behind all but guarantees you will never be slept and picked off, you just have to handle yourself well enough for your trusts to survive flail, which they usually can for 1-2 rounds (healers will get them back up). I sub war and spam blade: ten, and keep subtle blow up (if solo).

Sometimes I come DRG to dump my hate back onto AAEV, which keeps my buff count intact.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-29 11:16:33  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer fighting Quetz from behind and forcing Spike Flail, especially when I'm on ninja. My shadows will always protect me, but trusts will be vulnerable. My trust setup is usually something like:
Selt'eus (for Rejuvenation) or Iroha II
AAEV for additional healing
Cherukiki
Sylvie
King of Hearts (for Haste 2)
and one extra trust, usually Nashmeira II.

Fighting from behind all but guarantees you will never be slept and picked off, you just have to handle yourself well enough for your trusts to survive flail, which they usually can for 1-2 rounds (healers will get them back up). I sub war and spam blade: ten, and keep subtle blow up (if solo).

Sometimes I come DRG to dump my hate back onto AAEV, which keeps my buff count intact.
Are you sure it’s not because you like riding the dragons tail hard and fast?
 Asura.Psyn
サーバ: Asura
user: Delagyela
By Asura.Psyn 2019-03-29 12:02:36  
Hey, I was that guy ohm last night killing it with you.
If you attack from rear you cant be slept or terrored but you have to be strong enough to survive flails. I was planning on curing you from my whm alt but then you never came back.

To clarify to everyone, the last 3 days NOBODY has been doing quetz. I have been soloing it and OP really doesnt have anything wrong with their chracter its jsut that it was just 2 people there fighting quetz and it was a matter of duration.

Because of the whole soloing quetz thing i have been bringing my alts in quad boxing so I can knock him down swiftly. Which involved me flailing OP yesterday.