Let RDM Learn Impact!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Let RDM Learn Impact!
Let RDM Learn Impact!
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-02-13 20:14:34  
Please SE let rdm learn Impact. That ugly cloak is really taking up my already limited space!

PS: Let us learn Campaign Weaponskills
 Leviathan.Dekay
サーバ: Leviathan
user: dekayx
By Leviathan.Dekay 2019-02-13 20:50:08  
Posted this on the official forums recently, in poorly translated Japanese in the hopes they would at least consider it for the coming spell adjustment. I won't hold my breath.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-02-13 21:08:11  
This just in.... No....
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-13 21:11:46  
I've been wanting regen3 for years now
[+]
By kishr 2019-02-13 21:13:36  
Let bst cricket pet get deathga
[+]
By waffle 2019-02-14 11:02:26  
Leviathan.Dekay said: »
Posted this on the official forums recently, in poorly translated Japanese in the hopes they would at least consider it for the coming spell adjustment. I won't hold my breath.
They answered you today it seems. With a solid "no" to separating impact from the cloak.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-14 11:04:51  
It's really a bizarre thing to keep the spell locked behind the cloak. What good reason is there for players not being able to learn it? So you can't get that +5% fast cast? lol

EDIT: I seem to recall them saying something about them not being able to add any more spells to the game because PS2 limitations or something... but this is a spell that already exists and is selectable from the magic menu, so I don't really get it
By volkom 2019-02-14 11:25:00  
what about those sword weaponskills locked behind those campaign weapons.
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-02-14 12:17:51  
Impact is garbage on RDM without /SCH. The duration is crap with our Elemental Magic, or at least it was when Incursion was relevant before I quit. Sometimes it would wear off seconds after casting, and wasn't really worth 666 mp. Maybe it's different with all the fancy m.acc stuff RDM has now.
 Leviathan.Dekay
user: dekayx
By Leviathan.Dekay 2019-02-14 12:22:33  
Not shocked at their reply. I did ask for a follow up as to why this is the only spell tied to a piece of equipment. They should at least have an i-level version of it available.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-14 12:36:12  
Leviathan.Dekay said: »
Not shocked at their reply. I did ask for a follow up as to why this is the only spell tied to a piece of equipment. They should at least have an i-level version of it available.

oh dear lord please don't suggest this- their answer will be to reforge it with a pulse cell from each pulse weapon.

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Impact is garbage on RDM without /SCH. The duration is crap with our Elemental Magic, or at least it was when Incursion was relevant before I quit. Sometimes it would wear off seconds after casting, and wasn't really worth 666 mp. Maybe it's different with all the fancy m.acc stuff RDM has now.

These days the usage of Impact is to land a ton of enfeebles at once, not so much for the actual benefits of the lowered stats. Mobs like Glassy Thinker in Omen where putting a ton of enfeebles on it changes the mechanic or removes a dangerous TP option. (In this example, tons of enfeebles on Thinker will cause it to default to "Winds of Promyvion" more than "Pain Sync") Duration isn't that huge because of our endless MP pool these days and you'll want to re-apply it frequently as the mob erases the effects.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-14 13:26:38  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
These days the usage of Impact is to land a ton of enfeebles at once, not so much for the actual benefits of the lowered stats.

3-min of -20% stat down is still a pretty big deal, especially when so much of the game is affected by dSTAT (Magic WS, spell damage, magic accuracy, magic evasion, crit rate, etc).

IMO, it's chronically underused in the NA community.

For example, I've yet to see a mage cast it during this month's Vol 1, even though we're all underbuffed and clawing for every advantage for faster clears.
[+]