Omen Solo Farming - Which Job The Most Efficient?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Omen solo farming - which job the most efficient?
Omen solo farming - which job the most efficient?
First Page 2
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-06 05:10:49  
Originally the title of the thread was "solo cleaving" but then I changed it to "farming" because, who knows, maybe there's a job who does better than others, without cleaving? I'm skeptic but hey, prove me wrong.

So I'm curious about what's the global consensus on what's the most efficient job in farming Omen solo.
Farming = Doing Ou Path, without doing Ou itself, for the purpose mostly of Astral Detritus. I'm not talking about cards or objectives.
Trusts are of course possible, but no multiboxing.

On a hunch I'd be leaning to say BLU, but I'm curious to see what everybody thinks about it.

Videos very very welcome!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-06 05:17:30  
If affected by TH I'd say THF? If you want it done asap, then probably BLU.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-06 05:23:03  
Obviously, the answer is THF, while Blu may kill floors a little faster, the extra time is made up for in actual drops.

A solid AE set and DT set and you're off to the races.

Meh edit, none of that shits important, it's totes THF. Drops per run w/ th4 vs th10+ it's no contest.
By Andromida 2019-02-06 05:49:06  
I go THF/WAR wearing my TH TP set killing each mob individually. Takes me about 30-35 mins and I get between 12 and 24 detritus, normally around 16.

I did DRG/THF to get cards recently a few times and I got about 8 per run, I gave up on that fairly quickly.
By geigei 2019-02-06 06:31:53  
There's little difference between th4 and 8+ from my experience, usually th8 gives me 1-3 cards extra, if that worth double clear times is up to you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-06 06:49:55  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
If affected by TH I'd say THF? If you want it done asap, then probably BLU.
That's a very valid point but yes, I meant time-wise exclusively.
Pretty obvious THF main has it better than other jobs on drops that are affected by TH.
TH8+ > TH4, period, not worth discussing.

I was more looking to see what's the consensus on the speed thing, sorry for being unclear about it.
Because yes, I would imagine BLU but then again I'm not sure if some jobs can actually do better.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-06 06:52:10  
Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
blu is easy with no trusts though. can't record video but it's standard cleave rotation, abusing the stun/petrify/terror/gravity of the spells.
Is 50% DT + 18% movement speed + Cocoon, Phalanx and whatever other defensive spell is it that BLU use) enough to train all of floor1 and floor2 monsters without getting raped before you can finish casting the first spell of your rotation?

Do you have to split the pull in two or three different ones?

Like, I dunno, mobs on floor1 and floor2 are generally not so bad, but some monsters on the last floor (namely the mandies) can be pretty nasty for non tanks.
By geigei 2019-02-06 06:54:03  
Make sure you get phalanx
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is 50% DT + 18% movement speed + Cocoon, Phalanx
Yes, make sure you have aquaveil up.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-02-06 07:56:14  
Andromida said: »
I go THF/WAR wearing my TH TP set killing each mob individually. Takes me about 30-35 mins and I get between 12 and 24 detritus, normally around 16.

I did DRG/THF to get cards recently a few times and I got about 8 per run, I gave up on that fairly quickly.

How many runs you did?
I farmed like 1500 Detritus so far and with thf/rdm (it's easier to pull fast with spells) all mobs Th8+ and avg was more like 10 not 16 and the best one was around 19.
By geigei 2019-02-06 07:57:55  
SimonSes said: »
all mobs Th8+ and avg was more like 10
This is true.
By SimonSes 2019-02-06 08:14:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Obviously, the answer is THF, while Blu may kill floors a little faster, the extra time is made up for in actual drops.

A solid AE set and DT set and you're off to the races.

Meh edit, none of that shits important, it's totes THF. Drops per run w/ th4 vs th10+ it's no contest.

I agree that THF is the way to go on time limited event. Doing it slower, but with better drop rate is just the way to go if you seriously want to farm something that can only be done once per 20h.

That being said, doing it solo on THF with AE is risky af. THF is super fragile, even in DT set and after your first AE mobs will almost immediately run to WHM after first cure and not only they can kill him, but also may not be in range for another AE and things can go very wrong from there. You would also need to make AE set that includes TH8 or it will have no sense to bring THF otherwise. I was running THF/war single target killing for a few weeks and I actually died several time with berserk up just by just linking 5 mobs.

So I suggest just running THF/xxx (I run /rdm for fast pulling with stone) and kill mobs one by one. If you are fast, you can do it in 35-40min and it will increase your chance for more Detritus too.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-06 10:04:53  
i haven't got the hang of solo thf cleaving because with enough cures the mobs go straight for the whm and kill him

I /RUN and have a +enmity set for Swordplay, Vallation and Pflug to avoid this issue.

Edit: Just looked it up and Pflug has no enmity with it, but then I still THF cleave boss runs and only need Swordplay for first and Vallation for 2nd, so yeah.
 Asura.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2019-02-06 10:37:15  
I've farmed all the astrals for my Tizona on THF/WAR. Nine is my lowest and I've hit 21 a couple times. averaging right at 12-13 with TH8 tagging on all mobs. I usually finish in about 30-35 minutes.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-06 10:40:07  
So far my fastest job has been...
...BRD/NIN.

I'm not even kidding, I mean it, BRD/NIN.
Remember I'm talking about real solo, no multibox.
Riding SV for ~15 mins and then 5 songs for the rest of the run is quite something.
But that means TH4 onry, and I need to kill stuff individually.

It's fast in the way that I get a lot of powerful buffs (5 songs! Plus whatever else trusts provide me with) and I don't have to worry about pulling or positioning (something that I found it can be important on some jobs) because I can always horde lullaby whatever links I get.

I never really looked at how much time I spend with this setup, but it's probably uh... 35-40 mins total? I think? I dunno
And I end up with a pretty random amount of cards, normally it's like 10 I think, on average.

But yeah, I was looking for something "more efficient" in the sense of "much faster", and I think BLU is probably the fastest job indeed, given the sheer amount of self buffs and AoE spells he can use.

Edit:
Yeah just checked, the total time limit is 50 mins and I usally ended up with 10-15 mins left. Keep in mind I play in a very lazy/relaxed way, often alt tabbing and taking my bloody time to do stuff.
If I wanted to really focus 100% I'm confident I could make that 30mins, but it would be hard to make it faster than that I'm afraid.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-02-06 10:41:11  
I go BLU/THF w/ Chaac belt locked to have TH4. Usually average around 8-9 astral per run. Each run takes me around 16-18 minutes.

I diffusion Carcharian Verve at the start of each run, keep occultation up, then Entomb < Spectral Floe pretty much every group of mobs. For the porxies, I'll Entomb < BA Spectral Floe < Tenebral Crush (since Spectral isn't enough to kill them, but the brief stun allows me to get Crush off). For pixies, I'll Entomb < BA Spectral Floe < Searing Tempest.

I tried going THF a couple of times, but it took a lot longer per run (35-40 minutes) with only a marginal increase in Swart per run (around 11-13). I think BLU/THF is the best to farm Swarts when talking about overall efficiency in time/drops. Swarts on Bismark right now are at 200k, so as BLU/THF with 9 average drops in 16 minutes, you can do 3 runs and come out with around 5.4 mill in swarts in less than an hour. Hard to beat that.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-02-06 10:50:59  
I started doing it on DNC/SAM and was getting 6-8 per run. I haven't tried DNC/THF yet, but just leveled Thf to 99 and have done 3 runs so far. 11 was my lowest and I didn't even make it to the 3rd floor. 16 seems to be normal, with a lucky run 20 seems realistic.

Thf can't do anything as well as Dnc in my opinion, even though 80% of my gear is the exact same, but that TH8 is worth more than the time lost, which gets magnified even further when you have limited entries to the event.

I don't have Blu, but I have a hard time imagining anyone can clear it faster than they can. Blm probably can't safely do it, but a Nuke > Sleep cycle is very possible.
By SimonSes 2019-02-06 11:03:05  
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
you can do 3 runs and come out with around 5.4 mill in swarts in less than an hour. Hard to beat that.

But you can only do one per 20h, so how is that efficient?

First of all, peopel report various amount of Detritus. Some ppl somehow avg 10+ with /thf. Some 8-9 with TH4. Other 10 with TH8.

I will start writing down how many I get since today, but for now lets assume you make 8 with /thf and 12 with thf/

Imo it's batter to make 2.4M in 35 minutes every day, than make 1.6M in 20min every day.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-06 11:12:12  
Imo it's batter to make 2.4M in 35 minutes every day, than make 1.6M in 20min every day.
Personally, but this is very very subjective, I'd take the second anytime. Mostly anytime let's say.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-06 11:16:32  
Personally, but this is very very subjective, I'd take the second anytime. Mostly anytime let's say.

I would take 2nd if I had other events when I can make solo 2.4M in 35 min of mindless grind, but if you only have one such event, then first option all the way.

EDIT: Also in theory you can go THF and you should be able to get 8 Detritus in about 20 minutes too. None is forcign you to finish whole run :)
 Asura.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2019-02-06 11:22:57  
Oh yeah, on THF I often have eight astrals by the time I'm done with Mandies. Yesterday I had seven after the first two floors. (ended with 11 boooo).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-06 11:28:09  
The range varies. I have been soloing omen cards(swarts) from day one, and I can say that with zero TH, the lowest I have gotten from a run was 4. The most I have gotten from a run (without TH) was 11, when I was soloing MNK cards. I'm now finishing up DRG cards while daily farming swarts, but I am stubborn, so i'm still /sam. But using volte legs/chaac belt for a modest TH supply. Most I have gotten so far (in about 10 runs) was 9 swarts with TH2. Last night, I got 5 swarts. The night before, I got zero swarts on the first two floors, and 10 swarts on the last floor. Sometimes you can get an unlucky streak like that, but without THF main, I have not seen over 11.

By contrast, did an Ou run this week and had a THF tagging everything with max TH-ga spam, and we hit 16 swarts. This is all anecdotal and eyeball personal experience, but THF is clearly the best option for it if you don't care for the supplemental cards for your job. Avg. run takes about 25min on DRG, so I would say the average swarts/run you could expect is somewhere between 5-7 if you have modest TH (2-4), and the upper amounts are just outliers or if you are main THF. Would take about the same time on THF, maybe more. But for double the swarts, that's certainly worth the investment.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-06 11:30:14  
I would take 2nd if I had other events when I can make solo 2.4M in 35 min of mindless grind, but if you only have one such event, then first option all the way.
That's a meaningful logic, I see value in it.
But personally farming stuff bores me so much that I'd rather make it as quick as possible and spend the free time playing other stuff / doing other things.

I mean if we had 48hrs long days sure! But we don't and I'm really strained on the amount of free time I get every day, being a commuter, so 15 mins saved for me is worth a lot I guess xD

Quote:
None is forcign you to finish whole run :)
Very well said, sir.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-06 12:09:57  
My daily midnight omen

Roll spliff...

Get into omen...

Smoke

???

Die to mandies because I forgot to swap to my dt set
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-06 12:40:10  
dem mandies hit retardedly hard. Took a 3k Headbutt to the face once with Counterstance up by Trans, and had a string of 3 attacks countered for over 1100 dmg. DO NOT COUNTERSTANCE MANDIES.
By Afania 2019-02-06 13:02:42  

Same, lol.

2.4m in 35 min = 68517 gil per min.
1.6m in 20 min = 80000 gil per min.

2nd one is definately more efficient (better use of time).

There are tons of ***to do in game and irl, if KI is on cool down I just do something else, rather than spend more time for lesser gain.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-06 13:08:31  
Nothing worse then a 1am wipe with your blunt half done as you stare at your afterglowing corpse while cute mandys prance around it
By SimonSes 2019-02-06 13:14:34  
The best is get slept by sperm ghosts at 1% then Trusts kill it and you are left sleeping for 1min+...
By Afania 2019-02-06 13:23:22  
i haven't got the hang of solo thf cleaving because with enough cures the mobs go straight for the whm and kill him, instead of staying on you, but i've seen it done by a nin that duos fu so it's def possible.

There are tricks to pull this off. I generally cleave on cor/rdm with gallant/tact roll and I can pull and cleave entire floor 1 and 2 in one single pull, or 2 groups of mob family like rabbit+mandy.

1) the trust that I use are frontline whm trust, not backline like yoran. That way when mobs go after whm and kill them, they wont run out of range because whm trust stays with player entire time.

AE kills all mob in 2 ws so they will die before all trusts die anyways.

2) I generally use AATT so I can pull, do 1 ws immediately after I position myself, then AATT will sleepga, that gives me time to get enough tp for 2nd ws which finishes every mob off.

I can upload a video tonight if I have time.
First Page 2