Top 5 Aeonics?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Top 5 Aeonics?
Top 5 Aeonics?
By hobo 2019-01-26 21:54:11  
you said a skillchain and then that implies the next word fusion would be a skillchain as well not a property.

regardless almost no sc-mb fight has the cor shoot enough for 2x ws between sch sc.
By Afania 2019-01-26 22:04:31  
hobo said: »
you said a skillchain and then that implies the next word fusion would be a skillchain as well not a property.

regardless almost no sc-mb fight has the cor shoot enough for 2x ws between sch sc.

That's what alliances are for, lol. When dyna D was just out we did mage setup in bastok and thunder nuke wave 2 boss. Since there were 2 cor in alliance 2nd one can always close 3 step with aeonic.

Obviously as alliance discover more optimal setup battle strategy changed: now we just melee zerg wave 2 in a min and leaden all thing from wave 1 to 3. So that make dp more relevant currently.

But my point is that my experience of playing cor, I have to be far more versatile than just leaden/savage. Sometimes I'm there to close fire mb, sometimes thunder, sometimes water. Sometimes I'm there to shoot, sometimes melee. The job never stuck in 1 playstyle because the nature of it.

So I find it weird that lionheart, a DD weapon for a tank job got ranked so high but Fomalhaut, which adds quite a bit of utility to cor as a whole are considered inferior.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-26 23:34:37  
Well, Lionheart is considered A+ by me, because while RUN is mainly a tank, as DD job with full buffs, he is actually a one of the top DD with Lionheart, so should he really be penalized as DD job only because he can also tank? I only don't consider Lionheart S tier weapon, because it doesn't cover 95% of the job needs, like Chango and Trishula for war and drg. Same reason I consider Fomal A+. It's great for Last Stand and it's ammo etc. but it doesn't cover 95% of the jobs needs. You could argue that Marsyas is only one of few REMA that BRD needs, but Marsyas is being used simultaneously, not interchangeably with other REMA and in current meta it's being used in 90-95%+ of whole endgame.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-26 23:38:20  
Afania said: »
In mage pt it also opens up one extra step for thunder nukes via frag(sch) > fusion(last stand) > light (last stand). Without light property it stopped at 2 steps.

Frag to last stand is light without aftermath.

I said 3 steps, not 2. 3rd step needs aftermath.

If you last stand off of frag, it doesn’t do fusion. It does light. He wasn’t arguing the nature of the second last stand not doing light, just that the first one doesn’t produce fusion
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-27 01:28:52  
I would obtain, in this order, based off my opinion what would most likely benefit a group of people more.

Marsyas (honor march)
Fomalhaut (multi use for arguably the best job in game atm)
Lionheart (not the strongest DD, but defensive capability while spinning to win really alleviates pressure on the rest of your group)
Doji (solid for DD while giving your best multi stepping job more power)
Chango (war is strong af and not only lays down massive numbers in damage with this wep but allows you to keep access to things like full break without the annoyance of swapping weps)
By SimonSes 2019-01-27 05:01:33  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
In mage pt it also opens up one extra step for thunder nukes via frag(sch) > fusion(last stand) > light (last stand). Without light property it stopped at 2 steps.

Frag to last stand is light without aftermath.

I said 3 steps, not 2. 3rd step needs aftermath.

If you last stand off of frag, it doesn’t do fusion. It does light. He wasn’t arguing the nature of the second last stand not doing light, just that the first one doesn’t produce fusion

He was arguing about the need of light property on Last Stand from Fomal AM to make 3 step chain instead of 2, so he listed fusion property of Last Stand to make 2 step skillchain of SCH frag, and then Light property, required to make another step. It's pretty clear when you read his whole post, not just one sentence took out of context.
By Jimmyballsack 2019-01-27 08:11:08  
Back in the day when we did DD zergs--before SMN easy/lazy mode became a thing--Lionheart RUN would keep up with a Reso-spamming WAR (best pure DD in game) until the latter found the 1hr buttons.

On the flip side of this, RUN would be able to resist DPS-ruining ***like paralyze while WAR sat, junk in hand.

RUN is an absolute beast with LH, and being of WAR persuasion, always hated that WAR couldn't use it.

Of note, this was all before RMEA augments which changed the GA landscape of WAR with Chango.
By SimonSes 2019-01-27 08:33:30  
I actually wonder what jobs are highest dps now for lets say 1min zerg fight without using 1hr. I kinda feel like SAM can easily match or even surpas WAR (especially if they are both in same pt and SAM is benefiting from warcry too). RUN could be there too. BLU with Tizona/tp bonus? Monk with impetus and footwork. DRK maybe too, but imo only if he gets warcry? I wish Austar would drop some dps numbers for all those jobs during zerg like that.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-27 08:47:21  
one minute would be a pretty large amount of variance. even in a three minute simulated fight, i've gotten up to 25% difference between identical settings.
By SimonSes 2019-01-27 08:52:43  
Yeah i guess its even worse for something like impetus mnk.
But generally speaking couldnt you just make all 1+ minute buffs just set as 20 min buffs and make sim for 20 min fight? Wouldnt that give some kind of avg for real one min fight?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-27 08:57:14  
better off just simulating an actual one minute fight a lot of times and finding the useful information from the results, for example if set a has a lot of variance compared to set b but are fairly close in overall averages, it would be a better choice to with set b for such a short duration.
By SimonSes 2019-01-27 09:03:36  
That would be cool! I really wonder how close is blu to top dd jobs with Tizona/tp bonus (assuming you can cap accuracy without going into hardcore acc swaps). Curious about monk too with all ja up.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-01-27 09:26:37  
I'm curious if anyone had made a shield yet for actual testing or if everyone is fine with the pencil test that was done in the PLD forum. I don't think or see a reason why there would be a need for shields outside of Ochain and Aegis, but was just curious if anyone made one and did some testing.
By SimonSes 2019-01-27 09:29:08  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
I'm curious if anyone had made a shield yet for actual testing or if everyone is fine with the pencil test that was done in the PLD forum. I don't think or see a reason why there would be a need for shields outside of Ochain and Aegis, but was just curious if anyone made one and did some testing.

From anecdotal testimony aeonic shield is best for anything above some ilvl, but i forgot what the threshold is exactly.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-27 09:36:31  
SimonSes said: »
That would be cool! I really wonder how close is blu to top dd jobs with Tizona/tp bonus (assuming you can cap accuracy without going into hardcore acc swaps). Curious about monk too with all ja up.
yeah but i'm lazy
[+]
By Taint 2019-01-27 12:48:45  
SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »

From anecdotal testimony aeonic shield is best for anything above some ilvl, but i forgot what the threshold is exactly.

“Best” for block rate maybe. But at top ilvls Aegis is the undisputed champ due to magic damage.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-27 15:00:03  
Aeonic's only okay for breath damage, enmity swaps, and backwards tanking. As far as blockrate goes, it's actually the opposite of what you're describing,
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-27 15:12:12  
Best 5 aeonics:
Tishtrya
Khatvanga
Srivatsa
Tri-edge
Fail-Not
[+]