AH Sales Are Currently Not Updating.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » AH sales are currently not updating.
AH sales are currently not updating.
 Sylph.Matamort
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Urmomshot
By Sylph.Matamort 2019-01-22 16:21:57  
Letting you know in case it wasnt known.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-22 16:39:35  
It's a recurring theme, not the first time, won't be last either
By Pantafernando 2019-01-22 16:49:43  
As time passes people move on and fewer and fewer people remaing to do maintenance on all suportive tools of ffxi.

For example the shout box missed a lot of yells, items werent update since august and lately ive not been seeing any mod posting.

Everything has an ending and maybe thats not that far in the future...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-22 16:55:27  
Guildwork missing a solid 50% of all yells has always been a real thorn in my side. Standing around town waiting for shouts is losing money, and if you stand there actively waiting not a god damn thing will happen until you get fed up and leave.

5 Months out of date on "new items"

Imaginary points are broken.

Mods still exist, they're just doing less than the bare minimum required...

Forum search function hasn't worked in YEARS.

Item search needs a serious overhaul.

Front page prices are never accurate.

Bazaar is always wrong. People are constantly asking me if i "still" have "item" in my bazaar from days ago.

it takes a week+ to get a pic approved sometimes.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-22 17:55:59  
I wouldn't say that is why it bombed, but people are certainly welcome to their opinions.

FFXIAH.com is just suffering the same fate as most other fan projects: lack of interest, people move on, it happens.
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-01-22 19:47:27  
All servers or just specific ones like before?

I've rebooted the parser but if it's the same problem as last time it's Scragg only. I've let him know.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Guildwork missing a solid 50% of all yells has always been a real thorn in my side. Standing around town waiting for shouts is losing money, and if you stand there actively waiting not a god damn thing will happen until you get fed up and leave.

5 Months out of date on "new items"

Imaginary points are broken.

Mods still exist, they're just doing less than the bare minimum required...

Forum search function hasn't worked in YEARS.

Item search needs a serious overhaul.

Front page prices are never accurate.

Bazaar is always wrong. People are constantly asking me if i "still" have "item" in my bazaar from days ago.

it takes a week+ to get a pic approved sometimes.

For anything Guildwork - shouts, bazaars - the problem is that crowd-sourcing only works if there's a crowd. There isn't, anymore, so data gets stale (bazaars) or just never gets populated (shouts).

Forum search is a system library mismatch. I can't fix that.

Points have two problems, one of which is a Scragg fix and the other I just haven't had any time. I used to say "coming soon!" but I honestly don't know when I will have time so I don't like promising things anymore.

I didn't realize new items were that out of date. I don't play anymore, and my Sept->Feb is the busiest time of my year, so if no one tells me I don't know about XI updates. I'll get those in shortly.

Re: mods, I'll up Kojo's bread and water allowance back up to thrice daily and see if that motivates him.

What's wrong with item search?
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-01-22 19:50:00  
Jetackuu said: »
I wouldn't say that is why it bombed, but people are certainly welcome to their opinions.

FFXIAH.com is just suffering the same fate as most other fan projects: lack of interest, people move on, it happens.

The core problem with XIVPro was that the XIV data structure was a moving target for a while, and it's significantly more complicated than XI's, so it was hard to stay up to date. In a game where the gear gets out of date so fast, not being absolutely on top of things is a death sentence. I ever win the lottery or something and retire then it'll get a full overhaul.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-22 19:54:52  
What's wrong with item search;

It just doesn't function as well as it could, a lot of the items aren't properly "ilvled"

Search 119 only doesn't yield proper results as some items are now labeled 255 and/or aren't 119 at all

Sorting after results, is kinda hit and miss sort by DPS: 600 is higher than 1000 because 6 vs 1 kinda thing.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-22 19:56:55  
The item search could use an overhaul, I'm busy right now or I'd give some examples.

Really as far as guildwork is concerned the thought process may be that it may be better to scrap it's parser for data and implement achievements via an FFXI parser, could pull more that way too, even have it dev'd for windoer v5 and it would bring a lot of people to it too. Adoption for the data that we all like to use is problematic, would love to find ways to reduce that issue.

I can't code, but I have all the freetime in the world right now, could definitely help coordinate some things or try to parse some requests or what data one needs.

At the minimum being able to search who has a crafting shield would be nice (I realize that's person search). I'd have to sit down and write down what would be nice to be able to search by next time I'm searching.

/shrug I appreciate the being busy especially since you don't even play, you're still the most fresh breath the site has gotten in a long time, it is what it is.
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-01-22 19:57:13  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
What's wrong with item search;

It just doesn't function as well as it could, a lot of the items aren't properly "ilvled"

Search 119 only doesn't yield proper results as some items are now labeled 255 and/or aren't 119 at all

Sorting after results, is kinda hit and miss

Hrm, I thought I fixed the 255 thing, wtf

Thanks for letting me know
 Bahamut.Kisukeurahara
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kisukeurahara 2019-01-22 22:25:43  
Valefor.Angierus said: »
Maybe support for this site wouldn't be down the shitter if its community wasn't so afraid of another game taking them out of the limelight and focus of attention.

ffxivpro bombed because anything ffxiv related got bashed and drove off any newcomers to the site. Now you're stuck with a community of the same people ***talking eachother on a message board that is proably fated to be closed once scragg remembers the login credentials or his debit card expires.

That's all you people ever do. At times I use this site for some information and most the time it's get in and get out. Very toxic website.

As for bugs? Can you really blame the mods.
 Asura.Diggs
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2019-01-23 03:53:19  
I have all the freetime in the world right now

We noticed

even have it dev'd for windoer v5 and it would bring a lot of people to it too.
However this would be pretty damn hot. Inject it to 4 too, because it's gonna take several years get ppl do the update. It's a huge task though, a lot of dependencies, willing people and time.. But Windower team cooperate with ffxiah and scrap guildwork would be amazing for sure.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-23 19:52:48  
You have no idea. Eh, no reason to write anything for v4 anymore.

sidenote: they fixed achievements at least somewhat.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-23 19:55:06  
Putting "something" that tracks fake internet points and shouts bazaars etc into windower 5 is the perfect solution. Not only does it get rid of *** guildwork but it gets everyone to switch from 4 to 5 if they want their ***to be fixed.... and you know SOMEONE will always be there to fix it... unlike guildwork

mentioned this before but didnt really gain any traction.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-23 20:17:52  
Hey at least ranks are back
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-01-24 19:14:23  
Sales are back as well. They'll take some time to backfill but if something is still not updating in a day or so let me know.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-24 20:35:19  
Thank you, Rooks.
By Prong 2019-01-24 20:36:01  
Most likely a dumb question that I may actually answer in the question, but I've simply never asked so just curious.

When you transfer servers AND have to name change your character, does FFXIAH simply not have the capability of every importing your missions/progress therefore, you won't ever get a rank on your new server?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-24 21:14:23  
More or less, yeah. Nothing is ever going to get fixed so if you broke your link from being tracked, it's broken forever now.

You may still get weapons JP and crafts tracked properly, but I think you get nulled for an actual score, not entirely sure how it works currently
 Sylph.Matamort
サーバ: Sylph
user: Urmomshot
By Sylph.Matamort 2019-01-25 00:37:09  
Thanks for the quick fix, you cant even begin to imagine how much I appreciate this website! Keep up the great work!
[+]