フォーラム » FFXI » General » Rostam broken?
Rostam broken?
First Page 2
 Sylph.Jenasys
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Wizdom
By Sylph.Jenasys 2019-01-21 12:15:08  
So I did some testing when I finished Rank 25 (c) Rostam.

Was not happy with the results...

Regal necklace: 62.89% on Chaos Roll
Rostam: 62.89% on Chaos Roll.

How could they have the same increase value if Rostam has +1 to phantom roll over necklace?

Forgive me if this has been discussed before.
By olson2189 2019-01-21 12:21:37  
1) Perhaps the COR forum would have been the place for this?
2) Did you have it equipped in mainhand when you rolled?
 Sylph.Jenasys
By Sylph.Jenasys 2019-01-21 12:24:05  
yeah probably would have been better in there my bad.

Yes obviously it was main hand.
By geigei 2019-01-21 12:32:28  
If anything looks broken in a good way, crooked 11 chaos giving me 78%.
Anyone can verify?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-21 12:38:02  
Sylph.Jenasys said: »
So I did some testing when I finished Rank 25 (c) Rostam.

Was not happy with the results...

Regal necklace: 62.89% on Chaos Roll
Rostam: 62.89% on Chaos Roll.

How could they have the same increase value if Rostam has +1 to phantom roll over necklace?

Forgive me if this has been discussed before.

Is Rostam Broken or is RollTracker broken? Are those % numbers based on you looking at your Attack level and doing the math or seeing what RollTracker pops up?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-01-21 12:38:10  
were you eyeballing actual attack value or just looking at rolltracker results?
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-01-21 12:38:57  
I can't verify the stats currently, but i can verify that it does give the duration as well as the "XI effect" when rolling an 11 if that helps.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-21 12:40:10  
~78% is what it should give with crooked 11

((31.25 + 3.12*8 + 9.76)*1.2) = 79.16
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2019-01-21 12:45:06  
Rolltracker isn't updated to account for a Rostam.

It's working fine in town with Dancer's Roll.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
[+]
 Sylph.Jenasys
By Sylph.Jenasys 2019-01-21 12:45:46  
Roll tracker results showed 62.89%

Can anyone verify their roll tracker results showing 79.16%?
By geigei 2019-01-21 12:46:04  
1109 > 1984att
no drk in pt so dat 9.76 don't aply?

Edit> nvm, occasionally gives that boost, my bad.
> my rolltracker shows 52.2 instead of 78
> tried adding rostam to file, didn't work so i just ninja'd
the neck to +8 since is still on my xml, now it display
corect value.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-21 12:52:28  
Rolltracker (can't?) tell you if you got the job bonus, and it doesn't count crooked, and it doesn't count +8

It always assumes job bonus, I guess
[+]
 Sylph.Jenasys
By Sylph.Jenasys 2019-01-21 12:56:26  
Thanks for the insight guys I appreciate it.
By SimonSes 2019-01-21 13:10:10  
I know addons are helpful, but rushing to forum and panic about broken item, because you couldn't even first check the real boost to attack.. /facepalm
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-21 13:12:06  
Meh. people assume they always work perfectly... a little premature but not uncommon.

it's more of a "is rolltracker broken" question, and it is(*) out of date, so... yeah.

*edited nevermind that part that was here if you saw it~*
By Pantafernando 2019-01-21 15:11:48  
90% of the "broken" threads result in nothing broken (the full coming circle thread is the only one that i remember it was actually broken).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-21 15:13:54  
That's how you know ***is seriously broken (not the lua's, the game) people are so dependent on them that they go into full panic mode when something is off.

If they still did updates that broke lua the entire game universe would be on hold until it got fixed.
 Leviathan.Mcdonalds
By Leviathan.Mcdonalds 2019-01-21 16:15:07  
I had a question about the rostam. STP route...if you're using ranged attack does the stp on the rostam even help the ranged attack? Might be a noob question. So thanks for any feed back!
By Afania 2019-01-21 16:24:43  
Leviathan.Mcdonalds said: »
I had a question about the rostam. STP route...if you're using ranged attack does the stp on the rostam even help the ranged attack? Might be a noob question. So thanks for any feed back!

It doesnt help ranged attack but it increase leaden/last stand damage with higher tp overflow. Thats why its bis for shooting.

If you are using wildfire and using sam/wizard instead of allies/wizard then stp path dagger is pretty much required to maintain 4 hit in TS set too.

If you are using sam/wizard for 4 hit then eletta sword/dagger is the way to go because wf doesnt scale with tp.
By SimonSes 2019-01-21 16:43:30  
Afania said: »

It doesnt help ranged attack but it increase leaden/last stand damage with higher tp overflow. Thats why its bis for shooting.

I think you somehow misunderstood his question Afania. He was asking if STP from path A works for ranged attacks, he wasn't asking about double damage. So he wouldn't understand your answer because in first sentence you say stp doesn't work (according to question you are answering) and in next sentence you say about stp from path A being required for 4 hit build without sam roll :P
By Afania 2019-01-21 16:48:38  
SimonSes said: »

I think you somehow misunderstood his question Afania. He was asking if STP from path A works for ranged attacks,

Well his wording was "does stp helps ranged attack" not "does stp applies to ranged attack" so of course I read them as it is, lol.
By SimonSes 2019-01-22 02:52:58  

I think you somehow misunderstood his question Afania. He was asking if STP from path A works for ranged attacks,

Well his wording was "does stp helps ranged attack" not "does stp applies to ranged attack" so of course I read them as it is, lol.

But how can STP help ranged attack other than applying to it? :)
By Afania 2019-01-22 03:17:56  

But how can STP help ranged attack other than applying to it? :)

"Help" is a very vague term and it can totally mean "does the stat stp benefits ranged attack".....In fact Id argue the word "help" means "benefit" more often than "apply" but whatever.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-22 09:37:47  
This is textbook why I word ***as literally as humanly possible. So it's impossible to *** it up and answer a question that wasn't asked.

You knew exactly what he was asking but chose to do that anyway.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-01-22 10:35:15  
lol
By Afania 2019-01-22 12:34:00  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You knew exactly what he was asking but chose to do that anyway.

No, this is false. I simply read "help" as "benefit" but not "apply" because thats the meaning of the word that I know of.

English isnt my first language, nor I understand the language anywhere close to a native speaker or even an european language speaker, so I guess thats certain nuance I couldnt get at glance. And you could just choose to explain it or ignore it instead of being rude about it for 2 posts when I clearly wanted to end this pointless convo because its somehow a big deal to you.

Whatever, Eiryl.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-22 12:45:53  
I mean like I get that english isnt your native language.

A question as simple as "does the stp apply to bullets" should've been pretty straight forward. It's only a yes or no answer.

"while rostam A is in your main hand; you get the stp+25 applied to every tp generating action you take?" Please check one box. ❏Yes ❏No

Even that isn't simple enough, someone will say "it doesn't apply to tactician's roll so actually *push glasses up on nose* *snort*"

... and then you get a 25 page essay in response...
By Afania 2019-01-22 12:48:20  
I mean like I get that english isnt your native language.

A question as simple as "does the stp apply to bullets" should've been pretty straight forward. It's only a yes or no answer.

Yes, I got that when Baniak explained it. I think the wording "help"(which he used) wasnt as precise as "apply"(which he didnt use), so I made a comment about it.

but the convo could just stop there and move on because he already got the answer anyways.

... and then you get a 25 page essay in response...

It was a 3 sentences response. And for some reason you made 3 salty posts because of it.....-.- 1 of your salty post is even longer than my 3 sentences response. Pot calling the kettle black.
First Page 2