Random Politics & Religion #36

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #36
Random Politics & Religion #36
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 110 111 112
By fonewear 2019-03-14 13:21:48  
Hell with it let's play some Dangerfield stuff:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-14 13:28:51  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Viciouss said: »
In real news, today Congress is going to finish voting down Trump's fake emergency, despite his desperation to stop them.

And Vic takes a victory lap on something that will get vetoed. I guess you gotta cling to something when nothing else is going your way.

It's why their gonna attempt to use the 9th to rubber stamp a hold, which would be interesting from a Constitutional point of view. The courts do not control the budget, Constitution plainly empowers that right to Congress who has then made laws delegating a portion of that power to the Executive.

Now the President clearly and unequivocally has total power over the budget of the Military, Congress authorizes them money but the Executive decides how to spend it. So any spending for the Army Corps of Engineers to build a wall as a part of national security would clearly fall within the Presidents power. Re-appropriating money from other Government agencies on the other hand gets a bit dicey since those are funded individually. Now Congress has authorized the Executive to move money around, this is a requirement unless they want to pass a law every time one agency changes it's own budget, but nobodies sure how much the President could stretch this.

Ultimately we will get a wall, fence or other "defensive structure" along the Southern Border eventually. At a minimum the President could order the Army Corps of Engineers to start working on it with defense funds and not even the 9th could do a damn thing about it. That budget by the way is $718 Billion USD.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-03-14 15:13:01  
It amazes me that last week the media was trying to pin the actual crisis on the border as a result of trumps presidency. Now we have the same book of lefty zealots back to claiming there is no crisis on the border again.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-14 15:55:31  
The organized caravans of foreign nationals marching towards the southern border with the intention of illegally breaching that border is sufficient for a "national emergency" around security and defense. It's really easy to argue that angle instead of immigrant crisis. Military and national defense play by different rules then civil areas like immigration. The DoD has much greater latitude then DHS or CBP.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-03-14 15:59:59  
Asura.Saevel said: »
The organized caravans of foreign nationals marching towards the southern border with the intention of illegally breaching that border is sufficient for a "national emergency" around security and defense. It's really easy to argue that angle instead of immigrant crisis. Military and national defense play by different rules then civil areas like immigration. The DoD has much greater latitude then DHS or CBP.
Can we cut the financial aid to those central american countries these people come from, to get them to stop them themselves?
By Nausi 2019-03-14 16:08:06  
You’re neglecting the rino premise. A fair amount of Republicans want the same flood of illegals for their “low wages” donors.

That pile of people is most certainly bigger than the 12 (i think) turncoats that voted with the rest of the traitors today. That is likely what is preventing Trump from being more aggressive. They will certainly remove him from office if he upsets the applecart to much.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-14 16:19:22  
Fake Republicans trying to stop Trump's wall...kick em out !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-03-14 17:56:13  
Schultz apologizes for claiming to spend more time with military than any 2020 candidate
Politico

Quote:
Howard Schultz, the former Starbucks CEO who is exploring a run for the presidency as an independent, apologized to two Democratic candidates after claiming he had spent more time with the military than anyone else in the 2020 field.

“I apologize to @PeteButtigieg and @TulsiGabbard who served our country honorably,” Schultz tweeted. “In that moment I made something that should unite us all, about me. I made a mistake and I apologize.” ...

Schultz noted during his interview that “Starbucks has built 50 stores that are adjacent and close to military installations.”
Considering there are veterans running he should do more than apoligize.
By fonewear 2019-03-14 18:43:40  
Hey guys it's "beta" running in 2020

Oh no I'm sure Trump is scared

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nausi 2019-03-14 19:14:41  
Democrats hate white people so much they have to pretend they’re colored.

Beto pretends hes hispanic
Warren pretends she native american.
Harris is criticised for not being black enough.

Racism alive and well (as always)
By Viciouss 2019-03-14 19:22:46  
As expected the Senate voted down Trump's fake emergency, despite his desperate attempt this morning to flip flop on his support for curbing his powers. There is no emergency, a crisis sure, that can only be solved by comprehensive immigration reform. But that won't stop Trump from trying to distract everyone with his shouts for a wall that won't do anything about our immigration problem (that also won't be built).
By Nausi 2019-03-14 19:49:41  
Lol, a literal army of people invading the country. Libs think its just fine. They cant explain why, its just fine.

Invasion is a-ok for liberals, who cares what else they say?
By Viciouss 2019-03-14 20:04:50  
lol, can't see a single liberal saying that. Trump was lying, and is still lying, when he claims voting down his run around Congress is voting down border security. Nobody bought it, that's why the vote passed. Its just another Trump lie :)
By Nausi 2019-03-14 20:31:14  
60k invaders last month alone.

Lefties simply dont live in reality.
By Viciouss 2019-03-14 20:50:12  
lol, has nothing to do with what I said, not surprising.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-03-14 21:19:08  
Nausi said: »
Democrats hate white people so much they have to pretend they’re colored.

Beto pretends hes hispanic
Warren pretends she native american.
Harris is criticised for not being black enough.

Racism alive and well (as always)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-14 22:08:23  
Nausi said: »
You’re neglecting the rino premise. A fair amount of Republicans want the same flood of illegals for their “low wages” donors.

That pile of people is most certainly bigger than the 12 (i think) turncoats that voted with the rest of the traitors today. That is likely what is preventing Trump from being more aggressive. They will certainly remove him from office if he upsets the applecart to much.

What Republicans or anyone else thinks doesn't matter when it comes to the allocation of the defense budget, its purely within the realm of Executive power. They can say the amount but not how that amount is spent.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-03-14 22:38:58  
Two mosques attacked by at least two terrorists in Christchurch, New Zealand. One is in custody and a manhunt is underway for the other. At least nine casualties reported so far.

One of the suspects is an Australian immigrant in his late 20's. A severely disturbed person.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-03-14 22:40:48  
Ruaumoko said: »
Two mosques attacked by at least two terrorists in Christchurch, New Zealand. One is in custody and a manhunt is underway for the other. At least nine casualties reported so far.

One of the suspects is an Australian immigrant in his late 20's. A severely disturbed person.
Really sad =(
By Ruaumoko 2019-03-14 23:16:02  
One of the shooters recorded the attack with a GoPro and streamed it to Facebook... I can't even...
By Ruaumoko 2019-03-15 02:39:00  
New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern confirms that at least 40 people have been killed.

Here, in New Zealand.

I never thought it possible. I'm really shaken.
By Ruaumoko 2019-03-15 05:54:52  
Death toll up to 49...
By fonewear 2019-03-15 09:04:36  
But you have strict gun laws !
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-03-15 09:09:32  
fonewear said: »
But you have strict gun laws !
I thought that was Australia?

But ya I don't wanna go there yet. I don't wanna be like our previous president, bodies not even cold yet before he started his chant on "guns bad"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-03-15 09:10:05  
Hey Anna! Can we get this thread or next called "MAGA Country!" and include the quotes??????? D:
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-03-15 09:30:27  
By fonewear 2019-03-15 09:34:39  
Every time I see Bernie...I think of some guy that just got off the boat at Ellis Island...he's got one of those old New York Jew faces...(pardon the stereotype)
By fonewear 2019-03-15 09:37:40  
As for AOC she always has that smug "college know it all" look on her face...like she just took Philosophy 101....

Existential wow that's cool !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-15 09:38:19  
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-03-15 10:00:03  
Ruaumoko said: »
New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern confirms that at least 40 people have been killed.

Here, in New Zealand.

I never thought it possible. I'm really shaken.

Thanks to the Internet, nowhere on the planet is isolated from this “sickness”.

It’s been reported they posted their manifesto on 8chan, naming both mosques and provided links to their Facebook page advertising their footage, minutes before the shootings were reported.

Sure we can all knee jerk react to the conversation of gun control and make fun of leftists but that would just totally obscure the reality that the “right wing” on the most extreme end of the spectrum in the darkest channels of the Internet is mad problematic for society as a whole.

To you resident keks and pedes who think it’s all jokes at the sake of riling up naive “lefties/normies/NPCs”:

Be careful who you pretend to be. You might forget who you actually are.
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 110 111 112