users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - November 2018
Ambuscade Volume 1 - November 2018
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-11-13 10:39:08  
Last question from me.. using WS when aura isn't on will or will not extend the timer for the aura being down? Just would suck to WS and then a split second later have it come up.
 Shiva.Devastation
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2018-11-13 11:44:23  
Does not extend it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-14 10:49:44  
Alright so, kinda goes without saying, but the boss having less than a million HP does make conduit strats work very easy.

You can get the boss and the zahak down with conduit then the plds/rngs after it wears.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-11-14 11:44:26  
Ruaumoko said: »
[Papesse is absolutely right, RUN can keep Stoneskin up to prevent being killed as soon as Head Seize connects.

WHM can keep cureskin on you full-time for the same effect.
By Isszo 2018-11-14 12:35:13  
No idris required and cor doesn't need regal necklace either. One summoner can also pull it off.
By Isszo 2018-11-14 12:40:46  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2018-11-14 13:14:15  
woohoo im on TV~
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-11-14 17:55:35  
Good CP source.

12 JP per run.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-16 11:22:02  
Seeing a lot of stupidity around Aeolian Edge. To be clear, literally any job can do the magic AOE

Any job in the entire game can do sub dnc and cyclone

BLM can do it. SCH can do it. DRG can do it. SMN can do it. WHM can do it.

It does NOT have to be THF DNC BRD COR
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2018-11-16 11:27:39  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
4 min fights with RUN(tank and Shockwave spam), BRD(buffs and Aeolian spam), heavy DD(to focus on boss w/ single target WS), THF(aeolian, occasional single target), BLU(Cirlce Blade spam), GEO.

As long as you are constantly ripping the AoE WSs until the boss is down its pretty fool-proof, and 4 minute wins on D without having the need for a WHM is definitely greater than a slower strat on VD more dependent on setup.

Good thought on the WHM-less for runs below VD, I think most everything is single target when not aura'd.

I had a solid group on D, 5 min clears. I was whm. After buffs I threw out a handful of cures. A brd/whm could have done my job.

Second run , after the team engaged I told them I was going afk to get a snack while they win.

(I didn’t, but I could have)
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-11-16 12:38:41  
All depends on how conscientious your aura-killers are. If they are dependable, then yeah, you really don't need a WHM.

If you go PUG or have ppl who are prone to not paying attention, then you'd better be prepared for Pleiades Ray.

(this is on D btw. VD you really want a WHM for cureskin/head seize/barfira/baramnesra).
[+]
By Schroe 2018-11-19 00:47:35  
Asura.Bayonette said: »
A brd/whm could have done my job.
(I didn’t, but I could have)
Been spamming this (on D) with BRD BRD COR GEO DRK and I'm on pld self healing. Easy 3 minute wins.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Schroe 2018-11-19 10:38:57  
Second COR or another DD would be better but our whm switched to a bard, had a Carnwenhan and was busting out some decent Mordant Rimes.
By Zeota 2018-11-19 14:46:07  
My group usually has BRD and COR on aura duty with aeolian edge and circle blade respectively while the bruiser is up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-19 15:01:35  
You save 2-3 minutes on the fight with ideal setup and then meet the great equalizer in Mount Zhayolm waiting on repops.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-19 15:03:21  
Very first post:

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The worst part about Trolls is getting the KI, assault would be the far superior option, so you should REALLY get on them damn assaults, if you STILL don't have them at least partially completed.
By Afania 2018-11-19 15:26:00  
Schroe said: »
Second COR or another DD would be better but our whm switched to a bard, had a Carnwenhan and was busting out some decent Mordant Rimes.

D is very easy and very fast, may as well let people use this opportunity to play whatever they want so they don't have a reason to start drama if they don't get to play DD in serious events.
By Schroe 2018-11-19 21:27:30  
Afania said: »
Schroe said: »

D is very easy and very fast, may as well let people use this opportunity to play whatever they want so they don't have a reason to start drama if they don't get to play DD in serious events.
Exactly. I don't even care if we have 2 melee BLM, like eiryl mentioned previously. D is so easy this month and I'm glad most pickups have had the braincells to handle mashing aoe ws.
By Afania 2018-11-23 03:49:10  
Asura.Crowned said: »
You pretty much just have the brd full time spamming AE and cor/run doing circle blade and shockwave.

Finally get to attempt some VD tonight. I talked to quite a bit of people in game and many seems to resort to smn zerg for VD or stick with D, unwilling to try VD with melee setup. However efficient Melee VD is very doable and I feel many of the mainstream strat(cor full time circle blade, brd full time aeolian edge, DD on boss) is not extremely optimized for VD.

Like last month, the slower pt kills the more dangerous it can be. Headseize can be risky and the less NM uses it the better. So ideally, it's better to aim for max dps.

Cor is a stronger/faster aeolian edge job than brd and fell cleave is a stronger physical aoe ws than circle blade. So I feel its more ideal for cor to do aeolian edge and another job can do fell cleave for better dps and aura removal speed.

Further more, cor doesn't need to full time aoe ws, they can do savage blade for DD and only switch to aeolian when aura is up.

If everything is done correctly even with 3 song brd it's possible to clear in 3:20-3:25 without sp including buff time. Main NM barely get to head seize when it dies so fast. No head seize = near impossible to wipe to it imo.

YouTube Video Placeholder

*apologize for low resolution/fps since Im a cave person that plays FFXI on a toaster.

*I missed quite a bit of savage 2nd hit due to the lack of 2nd madrigal. With 4 songs it should be easier to land ws.

*I swapped to dagger for AE in 2:08 then quickly swap back to sword for savage. So really no reason to lock into a much weaker ws that's not savage when aura isn't up.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-23 03:57:14  
Afania the reason you have BRD use AE is so you can bring a DD that doesn't even need to AOE WS. Last few runs I've done I'm 100% killing the mega boss while BRD does AE for me.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-11-23 03:58:25  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
VD on the other hand it was doing some hate resets, maybe because we weren't getting aura down quick enough, accuracy buffs might have been a bit weak. The hate reset ended up with a dead me when it focused on me. Went downhill fast from there with the aura being up almost full time.

Had anybody else noticed that main boss ignores hate completely when it's using hundred fists?
By Afania 2018-11-23 04:07:11  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Afania the reason you have BRD use AE is so you can bring a DD that doesn't even need to AOE WS. Last few runs I've done I'm 100% killing the mega boss while BRD does AE for me.

Imo Fell cleave hitting all mob at once is not really dps decrease because it's pretty damn strong to begin with. Also triggers pld SP early to save time.

Brd ae doesn't seem very reliable/fast from my experience too, I'm not sure if ws needs to do certain amount of damage to remove aura.
By Afania 2018-11-23 04:07:58  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
VD on the other hand it was doing some hate resets, maybe because we weren't getting aura down quick enough, accuracy buffs might have been a bit weak. The hate reset ended up with a dead me when it focused on me. Went downhill fast from there with the aura being up almost full time.

Had anybody else noticed that main boss ignores hate completely when it's using hundred fists?

Tank said head seize hate reset = very hard to get hate back. That's all I know.

Does it HF in D? I tanked D the other day and didn't notice weird hate mechanics.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-23 04:16:57  

Imo Fell cleave hitting all mob at once is not really dps decrease because it's pretty damn strong to begin with. Also triggers pld SP early to save time.

Brd ae doesn't seem very reliable/fast from my experience too, I'm not sure if ws needs to do certain amount of damage to remove aura.

It doesn't. It can heal them (they have a magic shield) too so it's rather irrelevant for AE. BRD can focus purely on keeping aura down, so DD gets to focus entirely on damage.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-23 04:33:11  

It doesn't.

Well I guess I need to bribe brds to build a good melee set then >.> Ate Pleiades Ray 10x in VD another day :(
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-11-23 06:04:14  
Tank said head seize hate reset = very hard to get hate back. That's all I know.

Does it HF in D? I tanked D the other day and didn't notice weird hate mechanics.

Yeah, hate resets only happen on VD.

Head seize seems to be a normal 100% hate reset. If you spike VE (one of those rare instances where RUN is better off subbing WAR), it's possible to get hate back pretty quickly.

The one during Hundred Fists is a bit different. Seems to completely disregard person at top of hate list for 10-15 seconds, and your DD's can get wrecked pretty quickly if they aren't swapping to -DT.

It's a pretty easy month... unless you're tanking on VD, then it's kinda stressful. ^^;
By aisukage 2018-11-23 07:23:56  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Yeah, hate resets only happen on VD.

Head seize seems to be a normal 100% hate reset. If you spike VE (one of those rare instances where RUN is better off subbing WAR), it's possible to get hate back pretty quickly.

The one during Hundred Fists is a bit different. Seems to completely disregard person at top of hate list for 10-15 seconds, and your DD's can get wrecked pretty quickly if they aren't swapping to -DT.

It's a pretty easy month... unless you're tanking on VD, then it's kinda stressful. ^^;

I actually didn't mind tanking it, not hard to do the tanks part. I tried healing it today for my other account and urgggh that was stressful. "WHY IS EVERYONE DROPPING TO 1 HP ONE AFTER ANOTHER. Trying to keep cureskin on the tank making sure to remove debuffs. and you go to cure 1 person and in the middle of that cure someone else drops to 1HP.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-23 08:10:23  
I actually thought healing it was super easy, took in my new tribox that barely has capped FC/cure potency and did fine, lol.